moomba

TheBrownDog
Oct 3, 2001
Timperley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City
Don't know why people moan about the league cup. Not much wrong with it, has very little impact on fatigue unless you reach the latter stages (and it's easily manageable even then) and it's a great opportunity to give young players experience of senior football.

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Don't know why people moan about the league cup. Not much wrong with it, has very little impact on fatigue unless you reach the latter stages (and it's easily manageable even then) and it's a great opportunity to give young players experience of senior football.
I personally think it dilutes the FA Cup.

chef

Oct 5, 2007
Kyabramovich
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
I think its great, gives teams to play the youf or depth footballers get a a chance and its another opportunity to win a cup. As well as giving us fans another game to watch.

Whats not to love about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chef

Oct 5, 2007
Kyabramovich
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
I personally think it dilutes the FA Cup.
I think the league and the money on offer for finishing in the top 4 dilutes these domestic cups more than anything else. A trophy should be but sadly its not enough reward for clubs compared to the financial windfall of finishing in a UCL spot.

ioppolo

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
It gives a Europa playoff spot, Swansea I'm sure would've been pretty happy with 2013

ossie_21

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Everton
Yep, it's great to see youth get a chance to stake their claims at their clubs.

Was so inspiring for all the youth winners this season. Ederson, Zinchenko, Laporte, Otamendi, Walker, Silva, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Sterling, Bernardo Silva & Aguero. Even more youth like Sane, Kompany & Gundogan got to play a bit. Sorry for the other youth that didn't get on the park like Foden, Muric but probably felt most sorry for the youth of Mahrez.

Youth. :tearsofjoy:

moomba

TheBrownDog
Oct 3, 2001
Timperley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City
Yep, it's great to see youth get a chance to stake their claims at their clubs.

Was so inspiring for all the youth winners this season. Ederson, Zinchenko, Laporte, Otamendi, Walker, Silva, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Sterling, Bernardo Silva & Aguero. Even more youth like Sane, Kompany & Gundogan got to play a bit. Sorry for the other youth that didn't get on the park like Foden, Muric but probably felt most sorry for the youth of Mahrez.

Youth. :tearsofjoy:
Bernabe, Garcia, Gomes, Muric, Nmecha, Poveda and Sandler made their debuts for the club in the league cup this year.

Was a very good comp for our kids.

Top Bottom