glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Loved seeing us play out the last 30 mins with 6 teenagers on the field . Hope we keep doing this throughout the domestic cups. Billy Gilmour was the pick of the bunch for me.

Its a whole new world happening down at the Bridge.

Fair to say he made you quite Happy chef?

IGWZRbDWPoJIYCkk1dEavT75RnE=.gif

We are crap, would probably still beat us.

If we are full strength (minus Clyne who has an ACL injury), I’d expect us to play a backup side like this.

Origi-Brewster-Shaqiri
Keita-Lallana-Ox
Milner-Lovren-Gomez-Hoever
Adrian

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
If we are full strength (minus Clyne who has an ACL injury), I’d expect us to play a backup side like this.

Origi-Brewster-Shaqiri
Keita-Lallana-Ox
Milner-Lovren-Gomez-Hoever
Adrian
We'd need to play full strength, doubt our kids could get it done vs that team.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Sounds like Arsenal will be awarded the win and a bye due to us playing Chirivella last game.

Apparently international clearance was needed to bring Chirivella back on loan. Seems bizarre that an international clearance is needed to recall your own player that has played for you before. Either way this should have been picked up no matter how obscure. Just have to accept what punishment is dished out and cop it sweet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently international clearance was needed to bring Chirivella back on loan. Seems bizarre that an international clearance is needed to recall your own player that has played for you before. Either way this should have been picked up no matter how obscure. Just have to accept what punishment is dished out and cop it sweet.

Does this mean he’s not allowed to play for the U23s either? Because he’s played several times.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Does this mean he’s not allowed to play for the U23s either? Because he’s played several times.

Should be ok as he is our player with a work permit. The clearance issue apparently has something to do with the club he played on loan at last season.

If they played an ineligible player Liverpool should really be booted from the comp.

Would be unfortunate but plenty have fallen foul before and got the same punishment.

Replaying the match is another option that has been used before.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
If they played an ineligible player Liverpool should really be booted from the comp.

Would be unfortunate but plenty have fallen foul before and got the same punishment.

Chirivella is definitely registered to us and has a work permit so no issue there. Supposedly an issue with an international clearance after he finished his loan in Spain. Logically one would expect you do not need an international clearance to recall your own player on loan.

Believe it happened to Sunderland previously and a few others. They were fined for it. I hope MK Dons are reinstated in the cup if the penalty handed down is being kicked out of the league cup.

Chirivella is definitely registered to us and has a work permit so no issue there. Supposedly an issue with an international clearance after he finished his loan in Spain. Logically one would expect you do not need an international clearance to recall your own player on loan.

Believe it happened to Sunderland previously and a few others. They were fined for it. I hope MK Dons are reinstated in the cup if the penalty handed down is being kicked out of the league cup.
Sunderland was in the league.

Can't think of a time it's happened in a cup without being kicked out (can't actually recall too many times it's happened to be fair).

I've got a faint memory of some non league club going on a fairytale run in the cup, but getting kicked out due to an ineligible player. Was harsh but not really much of a choice.

Boot them out. Field an ineligible player. Bad luck.
Your own fault.
Yep I'd award Arsenal a bye. Not too fussed as it's just 1 less game our reserves would have played in.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sunderland was in the league.

Can't think of a time it's happened in a cup without being kicked out (can't actually recall too many times it's happened to be fair).

I've got a faint memory of some non league club going on a fairytale run in the cup, but getting kicked out due to an ineligible player. Was harsh but not really much of a choice.

Sunderland recalled Won from loan in 2014. He played 4 league games and 1 league cup game before the FA realised they hadnt processed his international clearance (that is up to the FA to do, not clubs).

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah don’t want Liverpool thrown out with that arsenal game coming up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back