League Cup 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
This is a spectacular melt - even by your standards. You're entitled to your opinion and so are Liverpool fans. FWIW I am pissed off that the EFL couldnt reschedule our 1/4 final tie despite being fully aware of the possible fixture clash well in advance.

I am made up for Villa going through to the final. It would mean a helluva lot more for you guys to win it than City. Then you can win Europa in 20/21, CL in 21/22.
It's not a 'melt' (stupid internet term) at all. Sitting at my desk eating fruit in a perfectly content state amidst formulating responses to the musings of another which I deemed worthy of retort. One for the future for your consideration but a negative response doesn't constitute someone being distraught and beyond consolation or in the middle of a 'melt'.

Just find it worthy of reply that you come here and dissuade a meaningful achievement and an occasion that has considerable meaning to Villa.

Glad we'll have the support of the neutral in the final and not expecting much but it's just great to be there and in a one-off game anything is possible. Upsets happen.

In terms of City - Pep takes cup finals (and competitions) seriously and while it's fourth in their list of priorities there'll be no favours or respite. And their fans would remember (most would) the hard times which only serve to enhance their recognition of the significance of any cup final or success.

That said - it still could be United. :)

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
It's not a 'melt' (stupid internet term) at all. Sitting at my desk eating fruit in a perfectly content state amidst formulating responses to the musings of another which I deemed worthy of retort. One for the future for your consideration but a negative response doesn't constitute someone being distraught and beyond consolation or in the middle of a 'melt'.

Just find it worthy of reply that you come here and dissuade a meaningful achievement and an occasion that has considerable meaning to Villa.

Glad we'll have the support of the neutral in the final and not expecting much but it's just great to be there and in a one-off game anything is possible. Upsets happen.

In terms of City - Pep takes cup finals (and competitions) seriously and while it's fourth in their list of priorities there'll be no favours or respite. And their fans would remember (most would) the hard times which only serve to enhance their recognition of the significance of any cup final or success.

That said - it still could be United. :)

Yes, it was disingenuous of me to assume that your opponent would be City. My apologies to Utd fans.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
against the flow Matic hits a stunner to give Man U a 1-0 half time buffer.

Good game so far.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Is Jesse Lingard good at anything? Has to be an upgrade on that front at least

I’ve never seen a footballer who was once pretty decent turn this s**t. I mean, I have seen it but Lingard is as s**t as I have ever seen.

I love the Bruno signing and I know that the club needs more upgrades. Is Ole the right man for the task?

I’ve never seen a footballer who was once pretty decent turn this s**t. I mean, I have seen it but Lingard is as s**t as I have ever seen.

I love the Bruno signing and I know that the club needs more upgrades. Is Ole the right man for the task?
Sanchez?

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

Ooh, good call.

It’s weird how quickly he turned to s**t. A club could rely on good output from him consistently (always high up in any best player in England poll) and then he came to United in a swap deal on a huge wage and that was all she wrote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Just awesome to see Liverpool fans content to come here when not necessary and devalue something that clearly meant alot to both clubs this morning and classy as always.

It was a massive result for Villa and meant a ******* lot to the supporters. Glad I got up and ecstatic we won.

Where did this come from?

The FA devalued it, not us. Liverpool fans had nothing to do with the decision to schedule our game 24 hours before the Club World Cup. I’d love us to win the League Cup, as I would any competition. Any trip to Wembley is worth fighting for. Unfortunately there wasn’t much the club could do once the FA put us in that scenario but field the team we did, which didn’t stand a chance against a senior, professional outfit like Villa.

More importantly, great to see Villa in the final, fully deserve to be there. Trip to Wembley, possibly some silverware, I’m sure the fans will love every second of it.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Where did this come from?

The FA devalued it, not us. Liverpool fans had nothing to do with the decision to schedule our game 24 hours before the Club World Cup. I’d love us to win the League Cup, as I would any competition. Any trip to Wembley is worth fighting for. Unfortunately there wasn’t much the club could do once the FA put us in that scenario but field the team we did, which didn’t stand much of a chance against a professional, senior outfit like Villa.

More importantly, great to see Villa in the final, fully deserve to be there. Trip to Wembley, possibly some silverware, I’m sure the fans will love every second of it.

Great post. Ive seen little blaming the EFL for not budging on our quarter final tie. Unfortunately we had 8 senior players out injured at the time which further weakened the team we sent out. And we had no choice in the matter with squads required in Qatar 48 hrs prior to the semi final.

Blame the EFL and the FA for devaluing the League Cup.

Every cloud has a silver lining though and Villa have an opportunity to win their first trophy in a long time.

Valid points but not acknowledging the weak sides you put out against Arsenal in the round prior and Everton in the FA cup, games were won but the strength of the sides picked on both occasions was very disappointing.

Arsenal game:
CL - Genk Vs Liverpool 24/10
PL - Liverpool Vs Tottenham 28/10
CC - Liverpool Vs Arsenal 31/10
PL - Aston Villa Vs Livepool 2/11
CL - Genk Vs Liverpool 6/11
PL - Liverpool Vs City 11/11

Everton Game
PL - Leicester Vs Liverpool 27/12
PL - Wolves Vs Liverpool 30/12
PL - Liverpool Vs Sheffield United 3/1
FA - Liverpool Vs Everton 6/1
PL - Tottenham Vs Liverpool 12/1

Both games were packed in a busy schedule where were playing 4 games in 10 days with big games soon after. You have to rest players sooner or later otherwise you burn them out or injure them. We just don't have the massive squad depth that City has either.

Like it or not the Carabao Cup and FA Cup don't have the same priority that the League and Champions League carry.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Very low key build up to this on Sunday night. Guess that the City cheating scandal has overshadowed it. Can't see anything other than a comprehensive win for City in this. For Villa to have a chance Grealish needs to play out of his skin. 2-0 City.
If we can escape with 2-0 then it will be a miracle.

since the switch to the back three we have been hopeless defensively. Smith is too stupid to change it back so we are likely to see the same thing happen as occured at Villa Park against City.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

since the switch to the back three we have been hopeless defensively. Smith is too stupid to change it back so we are likely to see the same thing happen as occured at Villa Park against City.

Wing backs are absolutely key with 3 at the back. Surely with it being a cup final you'll go back to a more conservative 4-5-1 which becomes a 4-3-3 on the attack? You're not going to win the final by outplaying City. The most likely avenue to win it will be keeping things tight and pinching a goal on the counter / set piece.

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory

Would you prefer to win the cup but get relegated or stay up but lose the final?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back