League Cup 2019/20

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Apart from the first 20 minutes we defended well. Saved by Nyland.

Yes, it should've been a penalty (unless his arm was outside he box - I think his left arm might've been but his right arm which the ball hit was in the box)

In any case - after Leicester equalised and considering they're a much better side I was pessimistic and would've probably taken penalties but it only takes a second to score and an inch perfect cross and inch perfect finish was the difference.

Great scenes at the end and a pretty obvious reminder to those who want to devalue cup football. It means a lot to most clubs and the their fans. By all means have your own opinion but don't confuse it with being a majority one.

Regardless of our opponent in the final proud to get there and it'll be a massive hurdle made even more difficult with Konsa's abscence (assume Engels will come back from Siberia or wherever he's been banished to) but you never know.

Anything can happen in a one-off game and City aren't through yet. Solskjaer only knows counter-attacking and that's perfect for him and his team tomorrow.

made even more difficult with Konsa's abscence.

They said on the TV that Konsa wouldn't be banned for the final. Apparently confirmed by the EFL.

HawkMongrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MVFC, Aston Villa
They said on the TV that Konsa wouldn't be banned for the final. Apparently confirmed by the EFL.

Lucky because despite the fact the linesman was well wrong with that call he made, Konsa was a complete tit for throwing the ball way. Pointless, ill-disciplined crap.

Luiz equally a muppet when he kicked the ball away later on.

HawkMongrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MVFC, Aston Villa
Luiz really improving - much more aware re: time on the ball in English football and his confidence is growing. Same with Nakamba who is a very competent DM at this level.

Agreed. Last few games they've both shown that they're getting more confident on the ball, confident to turn and take players on, and also to make the better pass.

They still both make loose passes but hopefully that becomes rarer and rarer.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Agreed. Last few games they've both shown that they're getting more confident on the ball, confident to turn and take players on, and also to make the better pass.

They still both make loose passes but hopefully that becomes rarer and rarer.
Both are ridiculously better options than the hopeless and unfit Drinkwater, invisible Hourahane and nothing player Lansbury.

Tell me the league cup doesn't mean anything any more.
I could feel the prestige of this competition when they booked our game 20 hours before another game and our U18s and reserves manager were there instead.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Nah, I've never suggested that.

You don’t seem to like the CL. You even once made a comment on one of those BS articles about City getting expelled from the CL that you hope it happens.

You have always talked about the League Cup like it’s an important trophy, though. It truly isn’t important silverware. United will get knocked out tomorrow but missing top 4 would be a bigger blow.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
* off Liverpool fans. No one cares what you think. Just sheep who blindly follow whatever the current manager whoever that is does/says with no consideration of striving for an objective opinion or an independent thought.

Competition means alot to United and City who have named strong sides throughout as it does to Villa and Leicester. Only had to watch both legs to see that.

And the argument about scheduling is weak considering the sides Klopp picked for the Arsenal League Cup game the round before and the Everton FA cup game. He wouldn’t have picked a strong side anyway.

You don’t seem to like the CL. You even once made a comment on one of those BS articles about City getting expelled from the CL that you hope it happens.

You have always talked about the League Cup like it’s an important trophy, though. It truly isn’t important silverware.

I like the league cup, I don't particularly enjoy the champions League.

But in terms of prestige, league cup is fourth priority for most.

Not sure I would have ever said I hope we get kicked out (although I would look forward to the court case).

But it wouldn't bother me too much if we were.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Just awesome to see Liverpool fans content to come here when not necessary and devalue something that clearly meant alot to both clubs this morning and classy as always.

It was a massive result for Villa and meant a ******* lot to the supporters. Glad I got up and ecstatic we won.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I like the league cup, I don't particularly enjoy the champions League.

But in terms of prestige, league cup is fourth priority for most.

Not sure I would have ever said I hope we get kicked out (although I would look forward to the court case).

But it wouldn't bother me too much if we were.

It’s just a bit surprising to me that City are one of the top sides in Europe and you don’t enjoy the CL. I think winning it would definitely change that but just my option, there is nothing like a CL night on the European calendar. I miss it as a United supporter even though we have no real prospects of winning the CL any time soon and are current (according to bookmakers) Europa League favourites.

Just awesome to see Liverpool fans content to come here when not necessary and devalue something that clearly meant alot to both clubs this morning and classy as always.

It was a massive result for Villa and meant a ******* lot to the supporters. Glad I got up and ecstatic we won.
Just like winning the prem is important to us. Yet you put us down and try to devalue how good our team is with the LiVARpool crap. Stop being a hypocrite.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

This is a spectacular melt - even by your standards. You're entitled to your opinion and so are Liverpool fans. FWIW I am pissed off that the EFL couldnt reschedule our 1/4 final tie despite being fully aware of the possible fixture clash well in advance.

I am made up for Villa going through to the final. It would mean a helluva lot more for you guys to win it than City. Then you can win Europa in 20/21, CL in 21/22.

Back