League Cup 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

AKA the EFL & Carabao Cup. I think the draw will take place at 4am Melb time on Friday.

R1_North_DrawBalls.jpg
R1_South_DrawBalls.jpg

Don't know why people moan about the league cup. Not much wrong with it, has very little impact on fatigue unless you reach the latter stages (and it's easily manageable even then) and it's a great opportunity to give young players experience of senior football.

Don't know why people moan about the league cup. Not much wrong with it, has very little impact on fatigue unless you reach the latter stages (and it's easily manageable even then) and it's a great opportunity to give young players experience of senior football.

I personally think it dilutes the FA Cup.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
I personally think it dilutes the FA Cup.

I think the league and the money on offer for finishing in the top 4 dilutes these domestic cups more than anything else. A trophy should be but sadly its not enough reward for clubs compared to the financial windfall of finishing in a UCL spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, it's great to see youth get a chance to stake their claims at their clubs.

Was so inspiring for all the youth winners this season. Ederson, Zinchenko, Laporte, Otamendi, Walker, Silva, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Sterling, Bernardo Silva & Aguero. Even more youth like Sane, Kompany & Gundogan got to play a bit. Sorry for the other youth that didn't get on the park like Foden, Muric but probably felt most sorry for the youth of Mahrez.

Youth. :tearsofjoy:

Yep, it's great to see youth get a chance to stake their claims at their clubs.

Was so inspiring for all the youth winners this season. Ederson, Zinchenko, Laporte, Otamendi, Walker, Silva, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Sterling, Bernardo Silva & Aguero. Even more youth like Sane, Kompany & Gundogan got to play a bit. Sorry for the other youth that didn't get on the park like Foden, Muric but probably felt most sorry for the youth of Mahrez.

Youth. :tearsofjoy:

Bernabe, Garcia, Gomes, Muric, Nmecha, Poveda and Sandler made their debuts for the club in the league cup this year.

Was a very good comp for our kids.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
They literally only debut because it's excess and better players have to be rested.

So it sucks.
If I was an 18 year old footballer and got a senior game in the league cup because someone else needed a rest I'd love it.

But Muric and Garcia in particular played because we want them to get senior game time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back