League Cup 2020/21

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickford, the gift that keeps on giving.
View attachment 969308

Big Nev is supportive. Ancelotti knows it wasn't Pickfords fault on his own. But the rabid English media attack anyone who's up high and is English. Look at how they attacked Kane cause he couldn't score in August. I mean he'd score 20+ goals a year but still be a failure.

Big Nev is supportive. Ancelotti knows it wasn't Pickfords fault on his own. But the rabid English media attack anyone who's up high and is English. Look at how they attacked Kane cause he couldn't score in August. I mean he'd score 20+ goals a year but still be a failure.

Do you think Australia's tall poppy syndrome originates from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's happening with Spurs game, have LO forfeited or is it postponed?

Forfeited. Lots of fans moaning that this is favouritism for big clubs to stomp on the little league clubs. That if the shoe were on the other foot it’d not happen, most PL clubs though have large squads and plenty of academy players so would likely be able to avoid forfeit by fielding a team.

We’ve apparently offered to pay their costs as they were due a 150k windfall

Forfeited. Lots of fans moaning that this is favouritism for big clubs to stomp on the little league clubs. That if the shoe were on the other foot it’d not happen, most PL clubs though have large squads and plenty of academy players so would likely be able to avoid forfeit by fielding a team.

We’ve apparently offered to pay their costs as they were due a 150k windfall

Stupid virus. Sad. For the lower clubs versing the big boys is something they look forward too each season.

So Orient being upfront about it and are forced out of the cup...what about the Hammers? Or maybe Orient should have refused tests as Hull did? Not right, all testing should be compulsory

Yes my understanding is if we had taken the tests and had any issues, or had refused to play, West Ham would have gone through, which seems entirely backwards to me.

Even the second goal was poor keeping. He didn’t have a good night.

So? Doesn’t stop him getting tested.
I thought everyone in football was tested every couple of days.

If you're going to get additional tests for every sniffle you're not going to time for anything else.

Not so much for football but the general community here are discouraged from getting tests when they don't have symptoms.

How come Spurs have to play in 3 qualifiers to get in the Europa League instead of 1?
The last UEL spot for England always has multiple rounds of qualifying. Recently Hull and WHU have failed to get past it, Everton and Wolves have struggled in the league at the time. This year is worse due to the covid compression of the season, usually 2 legged ties though.

The last UEL spot for England always has multiple rounds of qualifying. Recently Hull and WHU have failed to get past it, Everton and Wolves have struggled in the league at the time. This year is worse due to the covid compression of the season, usually 2 legged ties though.
Was the West Ham loss after the first qualifier?

Chelsea for the QF.
Just too many games and not enough recovery time.

Yep, you have to focus on Europa qualifying.

I suspect we will try a bus parking strategy, hope to ride our luck until the last 10-20 minutes and maybe bring Kane and Moura on late to try and pinch it and/or for penalties

Remove this Banner Ad

Back