League Cup 2020/21

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
I'm actually amazed at how well we played. 5 changes from the weekend, completely changed our back four, and yet we really took it up to Leeds and honestly should have won 3 or 4-0, had so many clear cut chances we just couldn't put away. Leeds looked all at sea and a few players looked positively awful. Maybe they just had no interest in a Cup run, not sure, but the fact it went to penalties was cruel so a loss would have been hard to take.

Bowen up next will be great.
I was expecting a 5-0 loss so i'm happy with our performance.

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
You just got battered by a League One side, the state of you. :tearsofjoy: :rainbow:

Back in your box Joop.
Enjoy it mate, I remember when we were in League 1 and beat our biggest rivals on their home deck in the FA cup, it was glorious. Highlight of the year for you (besides every time Leeds lose)

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Guess Robert can join Albert on the scrap heap then.

What’s with the 20th attempt at the Robert joke?

Is it some attempt to trigger a melt like McGuire/Maguire?

Enjoy it mate, I remember when we were in League 1 and beat our biggest rivals on their home deck in the FA cup, it was glorious. Highlight of the year for you (besides every time Leeds lose)

It might be the highlight of the year until this time next week when we play Bowen's mob off the park.

If anything it was mildly disappointing we didn't win by more, a lot to work on but the squad looks very impressive and if we're being honest with ourselves and maintain that standard should walk League One with ease. Then I guess we'll have two meetings next season with you to look forward to.

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
It might be the highlight of the year until this time next week when we play Bowen's mob off the park.

If anything it was mildly disappointing we didn't win by more, a lot to work on but the squad looks very impressive and if we're being honest with ourselves and maintain that standard should walk League One with ease. Then I guess we'll have two meetings next season with you to look forward to.
If Hull are good enough to get promoted twice in the 1 season I very much look forward to those meetings next season.

Yikes. I actually forgot about this game in the end so didn’t see any of it but it sounds like League One Hull City played well.

I think Robert forgot it was on as well.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Whats your point? I think he's following your lead from your other 20 posts.

Rodrigo = Roderick.
Roberto = Robert.

If you really wanted to be correct....

Whats your point? I think he's following your lead from your other 20 posts.

Rodrigo = Roderick.
Roberto = Robert.

If you really wanted to be correct....

Still going.

It's ok, not every transfer works out well.

Jaymin

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United FC
Still going.

It's ok, not every transfer works out well.

Surely we are giving him more than half an hour against Liverpool and 90mins against League One Hull City before we write it off as a bad transfer.

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
You’re not worried about the quality of our back ups?

Oliver Casey a central defender playing CM, Shackleton at RB and 17 year old Cresswell and Bogusz aren't our first team backups.

Roberts needs to be sold/loaned imo and Barry Douglas is absolute shite, hopefully the Celtic interest is genuine.

Alioski was gash, but I don't think he will see too much of it this season frankly, Poveda was much better when he came on and Summerville has just been signed for further competition.

Davis will be an extremely good LB and he was being played as a CB whilst Casey was being played as a CM.

There were some players in there that should of played better, no doubt, but the other half was absolutely experimental. Striujk came on and played the Klich role ffs....

Last edited:
Not at this stage. Losing a penalty shoot out to a lower tier/division team in the league cup has become a regular occurance these days among Premier League Clubs.

The fact it even went to penalties was hugely flattering for you, it was a pretty poor performance. Your first shot on target was in the 89th minute..

Oliver Casey a central defender playing CM, Shackleton at RB and 17 year old Cresswell and Bogusz aren't our first team backups.

Roberts needs to be sold/loaned imo and Barry Douglas is absolute sh*te, hopefully the Celtic interest is genuine.

Alioski was gash, but I don't think he will see too much of it this season frankly, Poveda was much better when he came on and Summerville has just been signed for further competition.

Davis will be an extremely good LB and he was being played as a CB whilst Casey was being played as a CM.

There were some players in there that should of played better, no doubt, but the other half was absolutely experimental. Striujk came on and played the Klich role ffs....
Summerville is under 18 player, Alioski Kiko, Douglas and possibly Roberts not up to it. Expect more than that even if experimental

Not at this stage. Losing a penalty shoot out to a lower tier/division team in the league cup has become a regular occurance these days among Premier League Clubs.
But you don’t expect lower div team to double shots and your team just one shot on target.

Back