League Cup 2020/21

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty big result for us. Bonus really. Should give the squad a bit of confidence.

Pretty much went as I thought with Kane and Moura on late. Was surprised how much we bossed it in the 2nd half though.

Also nice to actually win a penalty shootout. Our last one was diabolical

Pretty big result for us. Bonus really. Should give the squad a bit of confidence.

Pretty much went as I thought with Kane and Moura on late. Was surprised how much we bossed it in the 2nd half though.

Also nice to actually win a penalty shootout. Our last one was diabolical
Now for a kind QF draw and it opens right up again for us. Would be good if Burnley or Arsenal could knock out one of the big 2

Interesting too that as soon as Var disappears, Lloris came off his line on every penalty. Linesman might as well just be a witches hat

Also was refreshing to celebrate a goal knowing you weren’t going to worry about the dreaded VAR lines appearing.

Because they didn't upgrade the defence enough and it's showing? They also lumped money on an unproven keeper. They deserve to be criticised
We lost on pens after leading for the entire game to a top 6 side whos manager loves to sit back. Half the players we signed wouldn’t have met 3 weeks ago yet we’re expecting Chelsea to be wiping the floor with other top 6 opponents? I’d give it more than a month before forming an opinion on how s**t we are.

Left back seems to be the majority of the issue. Alonso on the weekend and Emerson this time. Thiago Silva gets the benefit of the doubt because he’s Thiago Silva and you’d expect him to bounce back. But the left back problems have been going on for years, always conceding to chances created down that side or to that players opponent. Everyone else is fairly solid imo. Tomori, Zouma, Silva, Azpi, James, Chilwell are some pretty decent players..

Interesting too that as soon as Var disappears, Lloris came off his line on every penalty. Linesman might as well just be a witches hat

Also was refreshing to celebrate a goal knowing you weren’t going to worry about the dreaded VAR lines appearing.
VAR not running for League Cup?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mourinho giving Frank advice that he should be up more talking to his team when they're down and need him and not when they're 1 up. Nothing too sinister by either of them

We lost on pens after leading for the entire game to a top 6 side whos manager loves to sit back. Half the players we signed wouldn’t have met 3 weeks ago yet we’re expecting Chelsea to be wiping the floor with other top 6 opponents? I’d give it more than a month before forming an opinion on how sh*t we are.

Left back seems to be the majority of the issue. Alonso on the weekend and Emerson this time. Thiago Silva gets the benefit of the doubt because he’s Thiago Silva and you’d expect him to bounce back. But the left back problems have been going on for years, always conceding to chances created down that side or to that players opponent. Everyone else is fairly solid imo. Tomori, Zouma, Silva, Azpi, James, Chilwell are some pretty decent players..
Not sure who you’re referring to but the manager your team opposed this morning loves to (and does) win trophies.

Now for a kind QF draw and it opens right up again for us. Would be good if Burnley or Arsenal could knock out one of the big 2
We always tend to play kids in this under Klopp and have never gone deep so Arsenal are a good chance to knock us out. Firm, Mane, Salah, VVD, TAA, Ali, Robbo etc all wont play.

Having said that, our second XI now is pretty good and the likes of Tsimikas, Jota, Minamino, Origi, Shaqiri, Curtis Jones all likely to play.

Another game, another Lampard touchline argument. What was it this time?

Bielsa, Klopp and now Mourinho. Why does he keep picking fights I wonder. Is it arrogance? Inferiority complex? He's come out of all three exchanges looking pretty silly, so hopefully for his sake he winds it in a bit.

Bielsa, Klopp and now Mourinho. Why does he keep picking fights I wonder. Is it arrogance? Inferiority complex? He's come out of all three exchanges looking pretty silly, so hopefully for his sake he winds it in a bit.
Looks like he gets wound up easy. Reminds me of SM

/runs

Looks like he gets wound up easy. Reminds me of SM

/runs

Do I?

Do I really get wound up easily? Really? You think that do you? What the * man? Are you ******* serious? What a clown you are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back