League Cup 2020/21

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Should be a very interesting game tomorrow morning. Normally it's the lower division side who would sit back and try and pick off the bigger PL side. But with the way the two sides play my guess will be Brentford dominate possession and cause real problems and Spurs look to pounce on any errors.

Off to wembley to win the trophy that doesn’t matter.

Should be a very interesting game tomorrow morning. Normally it's the lower division side who would sit back and try and pick off the bigger PL side. But with the way the two sides play my guess will be Brentford dominate possession and cause real problems and Spurs look to pounce on any errors.
good call.

52v48 poss
11v10 shots

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Off to wembley to win the trophy that doesn’t matter.

good call.

52v48 poss
11v10 shots
And pre going down to 10 they had 51 to 49.

Surprised how well we played in an end to game tbh. Very good game to watch with us not playing badly at all yet we were really hemmed back and lucky to not concede from a set piece again

And pre going down to 10 they had 51 to 49.

Surprised how well we played in an end to game tbh. Very good game to watch with us not playing badly at all yet we were really hemmed back and lucky to not concede from a set piece again
They were ok. That they beat all PL opposition shows how poor the bottom half of the PL table is. A side that couldn’t come up ahead of West Brom disposed of these sides

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
They were ok. That they beat all PL opposition shows how poor the bottom half of the PL table is. A side that couldn’t come up ahead of West Brom disposed of these sides
They'd have comfortably finished mid table. Don't think they would have had to sell both Watkins and Benrahma if they did. Take who they beat a little with a grain of salt with the level of rotation in earlier rounds. But today they gave us a battle after going behind. And even after the second goal they made us struggle too. Most bottom half club's fold after a second, especially those that don't just sit back which they never looked like doing

They'd have comfortably finished mid table. Don't think they would have had to sell both Watkins and Benrahma if they did. Take who they beat a little with a grain of salt with the level of rotation in earlier rounds. But today they gave us a battle after going behind. And even after the second goal they made us struggle too. Most bottom half club's fold after a second, especially those that don't just sit back which they never looked like doing
They were just ok.

Shot themselves in the foot last season. No one to blame but themselves.

Disagree. Looked no better than Fulham who are struggling.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Disagree. Looked no better than Fulham who are struggling.
I thought they were much better this morning than a lot of sides we've beaten this season. Brighton, WBA, Newcastle who stole a last minute point from us, and even better than the much lauded Leeds from a few days ago. Feel like they pushed us as much as Wolves a couple of weeks ago. And if not for a bees dick offside VAR call would have been a the same scoreline

I thought they were much better this morning than a lot of sides we've beaten this season. Brighton, WBA, Newcastle who stole a last minute point from us, and even better than the much lauded Leeds from a few days ago. Feel like they pushed us as much as Wolves a couple of weeks ago. And if not for a bees dick offside VAR call would have been a the same scoreline
It was a chance to make their first ever cup final. Very different motivations than a league game

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
It was a chance to make their first ever cup final. Very different motivations than a league game
The way they play they wouldn't go about it that differently in a league game. Doubt any of those other sides would dare to toe to toe with us in a cup game. Especially not without their captain and best CB

The way they play they wouldn't go about it that differently in a league game. Doubt any of those other sides would dare to toe to toe with us in a cup game. Especially not without their captain and best CB
Sorry I’ve found Australia’s Brentford expert. I stand corrected.

Maybe. But add Watkins and Benrahma to the current Brentford team and it would look more potent than Fulham.

Sorry I meant Brentford last season looked no better than Fulham last season.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I really like Foden on the left, Sterling's delivery is poor from that side and Wan Bissaka has generally owned him

Back