League Cup 2021/22 (Winners: Liverpool)

Always good getting a trophy for sure. Having said that the LC is becoming less and less relevant every year and there is a discussion to be had considering its future. Not sure how it's gonna work next year with Qatar 2022 shoehorned into the middle of the season.

My opinion is the tournament would benefit from becoming an U23 tournament with a couple of overage players allowed, just like PL2 rules.
Make teams in European comps ineligible to play. Then give the winner a Europa Conference League spot.

May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, AUFC, South Adelaide, Pompey
It's a good comp to be in for the younger players. Problem is the semi finals in January. Ok if you've got a massive squad like Pep does at City but many other clubs are struggling with fatigue / injuries in Jan. Add another 2 games into a schedule which already includes the FA Cup and a couple of PL games and you have the recipe for a team being exhausted at the end of Jan. Unless the call is made to either play just kids in the FA Cup and/or League Cup games.

To be fair Liverpool still made it to the semis last year with like 75 players out injured so that proves it’s still possible even with youth players

Always good getting a trophy for sure. Having said that the LC is becoming less and less relevant every year that Liverpool doesn't win it/City does win it and there is a discussion to be had considering its future. Not sure how it's gonna work next year with Qatar 2022 shoehorned into the middle of the season.

My opinion is the tournament would benefit from becoming an U23 tournament with a couple of overage players allowed, just like PL2 rules.

EFA

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Solskjaer says United were denied a "clear penalty" when Mark Noble pulled down Jesse Lingard shortly after Lanzini scored what proved to be the winner.

lol. Ole making excuses with penalty claims every game so far this season apart from Newcastle and Leeds.

1632400199468.png

1632400220746.png

lol. Ole making excuses with penalty claims every game so far this season apart from Newcastle and Leeds.

View attachment 1244398
View attachment 1244399
Ole would have better off complaining why Matic didn't get sent off. Would have improved their chances no end.

Last edited:
You talk about Liverpool almost as much as the manager of your club. #obsessed
Yes, a whole once in I don't know how long. How many times have you mentioned Pep today. :D

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
You cant make it like an U23 comp otherwise it be completely and totally pointless and may as well be scrapped. I like the League Cup but it needs tweaks. Semis should not be two legged. Probs needs a payoff too like a Conference League spot if you win. That way the smaller teams will throw everything at it for a chance of a European adventure.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
You cant make it like an U23 comp otherwise it be completely and totally pointless and may as well be scrapped. I like the League Cup but it needs tweaks. Semis should not be two legged. Probs needs a payoff too like a Conference League spot if you win. That way the smaller teams will throw everything at it for a chance of a European adventure.
They already have it in a way, it's the EFL Trophy.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC

View attachment 1244398
View attachment 1244399
Mark Noble asked him why he never screamed so loudly when he played for us when that happened apparently...

If you win the League Cup you do get into the Conference League..

King Kai credited with the goal but it looked like it came off 3 heads. Deserved lead.
I won't lie, Southampton have looked like the better team. Still, can't complain with the lead, Saul was doing some very good things at the end of the half and the goal will do Havertz's confidence a world of good

Can't believe I'm saying this in 2021, but we look much better thanks to Ross Barkley this half

Back