League Cup League Cup 2022/23 (Winners: Manchester United)

League Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Small touch to the face. And the reactions such as this one are cultural to the game, all teams do it but nonetheless pathetic
Soccer Fail GIF

Salah at practice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a believer that if it happens in a certain format, the suspension should be served in that format.

No idea what the rule is though.

Tricky part of that though is if you're losing the game and players start going out to injure players because they're already out of the comp and it won't suspend them until 12 months later. Need to dis-incentivise red cards as much as possible. The players might not even still be at the same club so it would punish their new club moreso.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Tricky part of that though is if you're losing the game and players start going out to injure players because they're already out of the comp and it won't suspend them until 12 months later. Need to dis-incentivise red cards as much as possible. The players might not even still be at the same club so it would punish their new club moreso.
I'd argue the opposite, it stops a Suarez (deliberate handball on the goal line) because they know they'd miss the final in that instance.

If they're desperate to knock out a City, they could go take out Haaland and then still get to play the final. Just doesn't sit right to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back