League Cup League Cup 2022/23 (Winners: Manchester United)

League Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

United get that first trophy, time for the Glazers to stay. Thought they weren't brilliant but they limited Newcastle but smothering the centre.

The way you have heaped praise on United lately has made me worried that the apocalypse is upon us.

Martinez and Casemiro have toughened them up. They are real winners. If United sign a top class forward they could contend for the league next season.
They're still easy to get around in the midfield though, but they flood back more effectively than before and prefer to play on the counter. I'd be interested to see if they could play a passing game with a top forward. They don't look like they have the tools in midfield still.

You can only beat what’s in front of you but I doubt there have been many easier runs to a trophy than that for United.

Home games against lower league teams, semi final against a newly promoted team and a final against a side that hasn’t won one for over 60 years. You need a bit of luck in this game and this should set United up nicely for the Ten Hag era.

Can you ignore posters just in certain threads? I've never used the function. Like Brades just for match day threads?
Not sure about individual threads. But some people you just dont need to see in any threads.

Newcastle have a massive issue with scoring goals. I flagged it at the end of January when I was surprised they didn't reinforce their strikers (Gordon I don't really see how he fits into that), and their issues have only continued.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice win and nice form for United, but they have been kissed on the dick by domestic cup draws this season.... only really had to beat Villa at OT and Newcastle in the final.

Glazer's emotional attachment to United surely just multiplied with this League Cup success.

They surely want to hang on to the club for years now!

Can I still ban someone if I pay lots and lots of money? Mods?

I'm sure you have 3k chump change down the side of the couch.

Or - we can do a deal - you pay me 2k via crypto and we can arrange the ban between us cutting out the middle man!

See, now you’re using the old grey mattress.

Newcastle have a massive issue with scoring goals. I flagged it at the end of January when I was surprised they didn't reinforce their strikers (Gordon I don't really see how he fits into that), and their issues have only continued.

Strange they loaned Wood out with no big name striker signing.

They're still easy to get around in the midfield though, but they flood back more effectively than before and prefer to play on the counter. I'd be interested to see if they could play a passing game with a top forward. They don't look like they have the tools in midfield still.

Add Erikson back and the midfield looks better. But I think ETH really wants De Jong.

The way Weghorst has been playing recently I wonder whether United might have a crack at signing Kane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back