League One, League Two and The Championship

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Robbo should be happy. Sunlun smashed Tranmere 5-0.

Apparently it's not PC anymore to refer to Tranmere with their traditional fan nickname :)
Sunderland supporters after the game.

Don't get too excited. There’s another game just around the corner.

Sunderland is out of the Carabao Cup. Losing in a penalty shoot out to Oxford United. So far Phil 1 Others 3. At this rate we’ll have another gaffer by Christmas.

Sunderland is out of the Carabao Cup. Losing in a penalty shoot out to Oxford United. So far Phil 1 Others 3. At this rate we’ll have another gaffer by Christmas.
Yet all Parkinson could say in his presser is complain about the two penalties Sunderland should have got. You know a manager is struggling and running out of ideas when they whinge about that. Oxford will be happy, home to Man City next round.

No surprise Nathan Jones has got sacked from Stoke. Big surprise he lasted as long as he did. Only six wins in 38 games. Think he'll get another manager job sooner rather than later. He did good work while with us.

We say this every year, but the Championship is the most competitive and tightly fought league in the world. Preston North End have been the surprise packets this season (currently second) and Boro the big disappointments (in the relegation zone)

Leeds need to buy some reinforcements in January if they want to go up.

EFL Trophy Cup tie.

Scampaignerhorpe 3 Sunderland 0.

This is delicious for all of those supporters who were howling for Jack Ross’s head.

My advice. You got to know your place before you can figure out where to go.

Sunderland’s out of the FA Cup. Went down to Gillingham 1-0 (extra time).

Overnight scraped a 1-1 against Coventry City (late goal required). As they say in the classics. This is turning into a s**t show!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big kick in the guts losing 7-0 at Brentford. Our worst loss since 1966. Fully expected to get beat but not this score.
Brentford play good football and we were totally outclassed. Typical BS in the reports about lack of effort etc. but goes much deeper than that.
Just have too many players who are not Championship standard. Three who were squad players last season in League One are this season regular starters.
Our central defenders are big and cumbersome so are regularly caught out with their lack of pace especially on the turn.
We've had a good run with very few injuries or suspensions so that can't be used as an excuse.
As I said in an earlier post, sold two of our best players pre-season, got over 10 million pounds and never replaced them.

Play Stoke and Wigan in the next 10 days, both below us in the league. Must win games and if we lose them makes relegation much more likely. Would give Jones our manager the chance to get results here but if we don't then I'd expect him to get sacked. Could do a lot worse than bring back Nathan Jones who never got going at Stoke. Here's hoping the board is being proactive and have someone lined up to take over if it comes to that.

Leeds won again, 6 in a row. Been down this road too many times to get excited, hopes up (last season's collapse was soul destroying), but it's nice to have a slight gap in the auto promotion spots thanks to Fulham losing to Bristol City.

Are Sunderland any chance of getting into a relegation dog fight Robbo ? Hope not for your sake pal.

Leeds won again, 6 in a row. Been down this road too many times to get excited, hopes up (last season's collapse was soul destroying), but it's nice to have a slight gap in the auto promotion spots thanks to Fulham losing to Bristol City.

Are Sunderland any chance of getting into a relegation dog fight Robbo ? Hope not for your sake pal.
I’m enjoying this. Now the supporters want to sack the recently appointed manager before it’s too late. Slap bang in the middle of the table at the moment. Who knows?

I’m enjoying this. Now the supporters want to sack the recently appointed manager before it’s too late. Slap bang in the middle of the table at the moment. Who knows?

Who is Donald ? The owner/chairman, many Sunlun fans on Twitter want him gone too.

Would be a total travesty if a club of SunLun's pedigree and history went down.

Who is Donald ? The owner/chairman, many Sunlun fans on Twitter want him gone too.

Would be a total travesty if a club of SunLun's pedigree and history went down.
Stewart Donald is the current owner. His first year in charge was nigh on perfect. With little money to spend he rallied the club and supporters and made it a positive place again.

I think he tried to sell the club in the off season. Not sure why. Decision to sack the manager who had brought stability into the playing group was crazy (in my opinion). He listened to the bullshit of ‘we’re Sunderland’ and this shouldn’t be happening. Now he’s trashed the asset and proven his ‘love’ of the club was bullshit.

Stewart Donald is the current owner. His first year in charge was nigh on perfect. With little money to spend he rallied the club and supporters and made it a positive place again.

I think he tried to sell the club in the off season. Not sure why. Decision to sack the manager who had brought stability into the playing group was crazy (in my opinion). He listened to the bullshit of ‘we’re Sunderland’ and this shouldn’t be happening. Now he’s trashed the asset and proven his ‘love’ of the club was bullshit.

He sounds like former Leeds Owner Massimo Cellino.

Sunderland is in free fall at the moment. A win would be handy.

I’ve been reading the fan blog ‘Roker Report’. It’s all a bit toxic at the moment. It doesn’t sound like anyone is running the organisation. People who were driving the club resigned (I didn‘t know) and left the owners with the gig. You would have to assume that the owners were ignoring advice.

The playing group has not taken to the new gaffer. Blokes who should be playing are not getting a run because of ‘attitude’ issues. Unless there’s a miracle the Lads aren’t bouncing back in the near future.

Sunderland is in free fall at the moment. A win would be handy.

I’ve been reading the fan blog ‘Roker Report’. It’s all a bit toxic at the moment. It doesn’t sound like anyone is running the organisation. People who were driving the club resigned (I didn‘t know) and left the owners with the gig. You would have to assume that the owners were ignoring advice.

The playing group has not taken to the new gaffer. Blokes who should be playing are not getting a run because of ‘attitude’ issues. Unless there’s a miracle the Lads aren’t bouncing back in the near future.

Hang in there Robbo, I remember the dark days of Ian Bates owning Leeds, relegated to League One, and there was a possibility of being like Bury and kicked our of the Football League due to insolvency.

Even in those dark times, my passion for LUFC never wavered, it's been a long and bleak 15 years since relegation from the Premier League, but we finally have a decent owner and a bloody world class manager (we lucked out on Biesla quite frankly) and happy days are here again. I believe MB is the first Leeds gaffer since the legendary Don Revie to win 7 league games in a row with us.

I have to admit, I do get annoyed and yes amused when you hear Arsenal and Man Utd fans talk about being 'long suffering'.

What a load of horseshit
Anyhow best of luck to SunLun, despite the 1973 FA Cup Final 😥

Well, it ain't looking good at all. Bottom of the league now. No surprise really.

One point out of 12 over the holiday matches.
Lost our last nine away matches.
Have conceded more goals than any other team while the next worst has let in eight less.
Just can't see any sort of turnaround in fortunes happening.
But you can always hope that there's improvement from somewhere however remote that may be.

Bournemouth away in the FA Cup this weekend. They're not going very well either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back