League One, League Two and The Championship

Remove this Banner Ad

It did occur to me the other day that i havent seen you around BF much Robbo's my hero

I have noticed a number of old-timers that used to post regularly arent around as much and the place does have a different vibe to it now.

Hope retirement is keeping you busy and you pop in every now and then to say hello :thumbsu::)

It was an exciting final day for the Championship. Sunderland knocked off the League Champions Wolves 3-0.

The battle at the bottom of the league was fascinating as I watched the live scores. For most of it Burton Albion appeared to have done enough to dodge a bullet and stay in the Championship. However hopes were dashed late when Bolton Wanderers scored twice late in its game to win and Burton Albion conceded a late goal to lose to Preston Northend.

Sunderland, Barnsley and Burton Albion were relegated to League One.

Kismet can start the League One thread.

It was an exciting final day for the Championship. Sunderland knocked off the League Champions Wolves 3-0.

The battle at the bottom of the league was fascinating as I watched the live scores. For most of it Burton Albion appeared to have done enough to dodge a bullet and stay in the Championship. However hopes were dashed late when Bolton Wanderers scored twice late in its game to win and Burton Albion conceded a late goal to lose to Preston Northend.

Sunderland, Barnsley and Burton Albion were relegated to League One.

Kismet can start the League One thread.

That'll be a high volume thread.

Aphrodite Can you please change the thread title to League One.

The lads have kicked off the season with a 2-1 win over Charlton Athletic. It was a come from behind win as CA took the lead with a penalty on 10 minutes. Maja equalised on 65 and Gooch scored the winner at 90+6. As it’s the early game The Lads are currently top of the League.

The lads have kicked off the season with a 2-1 win over Charlton Athletic. It was a come from behind win as CA took the lead with a penalty on 10 minutes. Maja equalised on 65 and Gooch scored the winner at 90+6. As it’s the early game The Lads are currently top of the League.
Did you watch the game? Took 41 mins to register your first shot!

Second half was definitely stronger.

Done Robbo.

Did you watch the game? Took 41 mins to register your first shot!

Second half was definitely stronger.
I just read the updates on the game day thread. The goal in the 96th minute certainly improved my day. I subscribed to the radio broadcast last year but had lots of trouble with it working. In the end given the way Sunderland was performing I didn’t bother (although Gary Bennet who does the special comments is a treasure to listen to. He takes it very hard and actually refused to comment when he wasn’t happy with what he was seeing).

Sunderland has set up a live stream for this season. I’ll consider it but it’s expensive.

I’m going overseas with my wife in September and I’m considering going to watch Sunderland at the SOL. As a teenager I saw a game at Roker Park. It would be great to see Sunderland play.

Another good win last night by Barnsley. Sunderland took on the might of Luton Town at Kennilworth Road. Managed to get a point out of the game. I’ll take the pattern of winning at home and getting a result away from home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunderland play Scumthorpe (avoiding the filter) United at SOL on Sunday. I couldn’t imagine ever typing the previous sentence but there you go.

We’re out of the League Cup losing to Sheffield United 2-0 during the week.

I’m off to England on 4/9/18 with my wife. We’ll spend a couple of weeks there before flying to Cyprus for a week to attend a wedding. As luck would have it the EPL and Championship has no games scheduled for 8/9/18. So finding a game to attend has been difficult. In the end we’re heading to Portsmouth for the day to see its game against Shrewsbury at Fratton Park. With a 3pm kickoff we’ll 4 to 5 hours of sightseeing. It’s a naval town with plenty of history. The Harbour has a couple of famous ships on display. The Mary Rose and Nelson’s HMAS Victory.

Sunderland is just too far for a return trip.

Sunderland play Scumthorpe (avoiding the filter) United at SOL on Sunday. I couldn’t imagine ever typing the previous sentence but there you go.

We’re out of the League Cup losing to Sheffield United 2-0 during the week.

I’m off to England on 4/9/18 with my wife. We’ll spend a couple of weeks there before flying to Cyprus for a week to attend a wedding. As luck would have it the EPL and Championship has no games scheduled for 8/9/18. So finding a game to attend has been difficult. In the end we’re heading to Portsmouth for the day to see its game against Shrewsbury at Fratton Park. With a 3pm kickoff we’ll 4 to 5 hours of sightseeing. It’s a naval town with plenty of history. The Harbour has a couple of famous ships on display. The Mary Rose and Nelson’s HMAS Victory.

Sunderland is just too far for a return trip.
Have a fab time robbo

The lads won 3-0 at home last night. Almost 30,000 attended the match. The supporters are backing the new management, the new manager and the new squad. Hopefully the results will keep coming.

It would be remiss not to mention that one of the new players Max Power scored his first goal for the club. I want his name.:)

Sunderland travelled to Kent and defeated Gillingham 4-1. I could use to winning again.
The ladder makes for intriguing reading Kismet
23A958C3-64B7-4658-B940-4356261D5984.jpeg
Great defence by Barnsley. No goals conceded. If you are interested you should have a look at what your club is doing in the local community.:thumbsu:

Good to see them fighting back.
I used to like the black cats a bit ...as a second team
An Evertonian myself but I do like to watch the championship and league one games ..its like the good old Division 1 days
I’ll be in Liverpool from 14/9 to 16/9. Everton is playing at Goodson Park while I’m there. I thought about it but The Beatles won out.

What a night. Sunderland playing cellar dwellers Oxford United were smashed and conceded an early goal. The pressure got to Max Power who was sent off after 19 minutes. And then the game blog broke down!

New signing Charlie Wyke was subbed in at half time and scored on debut. The lads held on for a one all draw and I’ll take that.

It was a ‘bit of biffo’ type of match. 35 fouls! 8 yellows (we won that 5-3) and a red.

Haway the Lads.
45399B83-594D-46A0-9BA6-04C6077A8A55.jpeg
I’ll be in Portsmouth next Saturday. Sunderland has a home game against Fleetwood Town.

0366CBF6-75C1-4BC3-87A3-7FE9BDFAC36D.jpeg We went to Fratton Park to watch Portsmouth v Shrewsbury Town. Shrewsbury Town have been poor and Portsmouth is flying and second on the ladder.

I was expecting goals. It was nil all until well into the second half when ST took the lead. The home fans were not happy. Fortunately with a few minutes to go Portsmouth equalised courtesy of a penalty. It ended 1-1.
9444FD23-5C23-45A5-B168-36B6F39952A2.jpeg

I haven’t posted for the past couple of weeks.

Sunderland lost its first game of the season to Burton Albion (seem to be a bogie side despite its lowly position). Bounced back at the weekend against Rochdale.

37DDEC54-CD17-443C-AF42-2B3D3D787AE0.jpeg

In happier news, two players have been sacked by Sunderland for breach of contract. Papy and N’Dong, who thought they were too good to return to training with a League 1 team, and would find another team easily (better than Sunderland). Unsurprisingly, no teams would touch them.

These guys now have legal action hanging over their futures which has implications for a club now hoping to sign them without paying a transfer fee. While Sunderland were going to lose money on these bozos (paid too much for them) they still have value.

So it’s a new era at Sunderland and this action demonstrates it. No more of other teams and players and their managers putting their collective hands in our pockets and ripping us off. As for the two players involved I say farewell and * you to you and your horses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back