League One, League Two and The Championship

Remove this Banner Ad

A 1-1 result against Shrewsbury Town. A little disappointing but what can you do. The January window is close and I’m sure new players will be introduced to freshen the squad. Sunderland is not easy to beat. Have a look at the table.
52790A60-75BD-45D9-AE72-40C66700A4C5.jpeg

When I moved to the UK I said I will support the closest team to where I first live. I ended up in Camden and should follow Arsenal. But I just couldn’t do it. So now I stuck following Spurs. We will always be ok but never win anything. I mean we got done over in the league by the foxes. Bridesmaids. So is winning the championship better than playing Champions league or UEFA but knowing your just making up the numbers?

When I moved to the UK I said I will support the closest team to where I first live. I ended up in Camden and should follow Arsenal. But I just couldn’t do it. So now I stuck following Spurs. We will always be ok but never win anything. I mean we got done over in the league by the foxes. Bridesmaids. So is winning the championship better than playing Champions league or UEFA but knowing your just making up the numbers?
A common tale of woe for most supporters but Spurs are OK. A touch of navy blue.

Sunderland traveled to the seaside resort of Blackpool on New Year’s Day. The supporters were onboard as well. Around 8,000 took the trip to the other side of England (way to cash In Blackpool). The attendance was just north of 10,000 (come on Blackpool fans. Support your team). I notice from my Instagram feed that Bloomfield Road has an Armfield End. He’s famous everywhere!

Sunderland won 1-0. Josh Maja scores again. We have a genuine striker. 15 goals this season. We have a decent GK as well. Robbo’s simple game of score them and stop them is working a treat.

Off to London this weekend to play Charlton Athletic.
D79433CF-5D8B-4587-AD60-C2B38CEECE5A.jpeg

A point for our efforts this weekend. When you play away a point always feels like an acceptable result.

Sunderland is still in the thick of the promotion battle with just over half of the season completed.

Our striking wunderkind has stars in his eyes and has knocked back a contract to stay at the club. The jingle, jangle of money has him and his manager playing games with the club. He’s been offered £10,000 a week to stay at Sunderland with an out if we don’t get promoted. Sounds good enough for me.
75F1760F-703B-46E9-932A-3F0E5625576B.jpeg

Sunderland is through to the final 16 of the Checkatrade Cup. I believe the Scottish equivalent is the Streaky Bacon Cup. Our latest victim was Newcastle’s u21 team which was sent packing 4-0 at the SOL. And we know AceAndy that any victory over the scum is a good one.;)

Sunderland is through to the final 16 of the Checkatrade Cup. I believe the Scottish equivalent is the Streaky Bacon Cup. Our latest victim was Newcastle’s u21 team which was sent packing 4-0 at the SOL. And we know AceAndy that any victory over the scum is a good one.;)
The what ?? o_O Wow crazy new emoticons.

A top of the table clash ended in a 1-1 draw. Luton Town A dubious penalty in the second half denied Sunderland a victory and 2nd spot on the table. Both teams finished with 10 men as the game turned nasty in the final stages.

Off to Scampaignerhorpe next. I love the swear filter.:p
DA7CC116-B527-4CFD-AFFD-C90A79661E4C.jpeg

1-1 against the Irons. Another lead lost in the 87th minute. Josh Maja scored again. Sunderland has two losses in 27 matches thus far. 11 draws is proving problematic. Definitely need some signings before the transfer window closes. A logjam at the top of the table now.
7DE0D22C-7214-443F-A9DB-7594210C74B0.jpeg

Sunderland’s leading goal scorer this season is leaving the club to join Bordeaux in Ligue1. Hopefully the transfer fee will pay for a replacement. Less than a week left in the transfer window.

It appears we owed Bordeaux some money from a previous transfer. Maja joins Bordeaux without cash coming to the club. Maja has scored 16 goals this season so this could be a disastrous hit to our chances of promotion. So far this transfer window Sunderland has landed a centre back on loan. 4 days to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunderland didn’t play at the weekend and have dropped to 5th on the table. The teams are all over the place at the moment. Sunderland has played 27 games. Others have played as many as 30
F3AD9658-A573-4DD1-B48C-8A55B3903EAC.jpeg

Sunderland managed to bring in 5 new players. Two of the signings are permanent. A defender, a midfielder, a winger and two forwards. Maja is a huge loss (16 goals this season). Let’s hope that Grigg can deliver. AFC Wimbledon at home this week.

Sunderland drew 1-1 with lowly Oxford United. An 87th goal by Oxford tied it up and an opportunity was lost. Match descriptions indicate the Lads were poor and would not have deserved the 3 points. The top 2 are getting away from the pack.
333EB353-36D4-4CD1-9BD2-F3AF6C27191C.jpeg

You guessed it. Another draw. 2-2 v Accrington Stanley. Say that with a mouth full of marbles. Sunderland were down 2-0 so a come from behind draw is keeping the locals happy. As for me.:mad:
90C87620-0C63-4283-9002-7E2D92EE0077.jpeg

Sunderland continued its busy fortnight playing Gillingham at SOL this morning.

Wait for it, wait for it...

A 4-2 win!!!!

It followed a familiar pattern with the away team scoring twice in the first half to cancel out Sunderland’s lead. Two second half penalties settled the result and sent the home fans off in a happier frame of mind.
Off to Bristol next.
B66D6548-0A8C-4AD5-ACCD-F10BFDCF4C34.jpeg

The run of wins continues. Sunderland hosted Plymouth Argyle (aka The Pilgrims)at the SOL and came away with a 2-0 result. Automatic promotion is still in play with 12 games to go. Haway the Lads.
2090F20E-21FA-4EA5-853A-ACD626227799.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back