DavidInellaFanClub

Team Captain
Sep 27, 2005
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Watching Game Day for the first time this year. Horrendous show, horrendous panel. We all know Hamish's shortcomings so no need to elaborate on that. Andrew Welsh's football opinions are about as consistent as his playing days.

Anyway I just thought I would start a poll (sorry if its been done before) of everyone's least favorite football show.

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Game Day by the length of the straight. I'm happy to watch just about any footy show, but this is utter garbage. The whole vibe of the show is weird and boring, and the composition of the panels each week is horrendous.

Sep 18, 2007
On a 3-hour tour
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Fighting Illini
I had the misfortune a few weeks ago of stumbling upon the Ch9 Sunday Footy Show.

It reminded me of driving six 12 y/o boys to a birthday party.

Especially raucous when the boys started discussing the longer lasting sex billboard we passed.

The 12y/o boys demonstrated more charm, sophistication and wit.

Could easily be any of these
- Gameday
- Bounce
- The Footy Show
- The Kick
- Footy Classified

Then you get the rest who most of the time are rubbish but every now and then has a decent episode

- On the couch
- Sunday Footy Show
- Open Mike

For the most part footy media has killed all shows

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Some pretty ordinary shows listed but the hamish factor tips the scales against gameday. Add that inanimate carbon rod of a personality (andrew welsh) and it's an easy vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The_Eagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2005
North Fremantle
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
australia
Voted bounce but Gameday is so much more boring than the Rex Hunt panel days of the 90s
I can’t remember what it was like in the early to mid 00s
Sunday Footy Show feels like they go over the games twice, such a long show but not that great

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Haven't watched Gameday for years but judging by above comments it seems that it still has the same issues; dull host and a dull show.

My vote would go to the Bounce though; just a terrible show all-round. How Dunstall has managed to convinced AFL media industry he's got comic talent for 20 years is a complete mystery.

Agree with the above that there are lot of arrogant types on the Ch 9 Footy Show but the opening segment usually has some interesting opinions.

Only footy shows I watch regularly are Footy Classified and The Front Bar.

budge27

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Redskins, Northwestern, Dodgers
Gees just caught Talking Footy tonite and that show is pure rubbish...

How Sam MacLure gets a gig on tv has me beat...he’s an A grade tosser.

Darcy can’t host a panel show for nuts.

Campbell Brown has no idea about anything.

So all in all it works - for the worst Footy show on tv.

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Bounce is just horrible. What even is it? It's not funny or insightful just an hour of cringe.

Nothing quite like watching a great Sunday game (apparently all of our games) finish and then smash cut to Dunstall doing something moronic.

Cue Spud and Moondawg laughing like half-wits at something, we're not sure what, but it must have been hilarious.

Followed by Dunstall's 'oh spud', as he suppresses his laughter, again over what, we're not quite sure.

Just save yourself the brain power and golden fist yourself. At least you'll get some pleasure out of it.

Zarrix

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Bad Shows

Watched the first episode of The Weekend Lowdown, geez that was bad, completely unwatchable. The host chick wasn't too bad, the rest were complete peanuts. Had no structure to it whatsoever, would bounce from one topic to the next with no real connecting theme. Then there is the incessant bass music in the background. It's like the producers were 14 year old kids with ADHD.

Bounce is pretty poor, I want an 'after the siren' style show on a Sunday, not a rubbish cringe comedy show. Dunstall I've always found okay, the rest are pretty bad.

Talking Footy and Gameday are just bleh. Sam McClure, Luke Darcy and Hamish McLachlan are simultaneously bland and smarmy, not a good combination. Overall just don't have a unique selling point, pretty uninspiring fare. Suppose BT, love or hate him, brings a bit of enthusiasm to the former.

Footy Show is outdated and needs to go. Doesn't have an identity at all in the current landscape. And its now competing with the excellent Front Bar.

On the fence
AFL 360 could be good, like Gerard a lot, and although I don't like Robbo per se, the odd couple dynamic with him and Gerard is pretty good. But is full of far too many uninteresting segments (e.g. Monday coaches is just Geelong and Saints talk every week) with the same guests. Vary it a little bit and it would be good. Generally watch the first half on Mondays only, unless something groundbreaking has happened.

Good Shows

-On the Couch is good enough. Good in-depth analysis. Nothing else much to say

-Footy Classified brings some unique stories and perspectives and is based on interesting debate between panelists coming from different contexts. Even though Caro and Hutchinson are slime, its good viewing

-The Front Bar is absolutely the best footy show on TV. Nostalgia, lots of laughs, interesting guests who are in a setting that allows them to come out of their shell. Perfect comedic trio (straight man (Maher), everyman humour (Molloy),intellectual, sharp-witted humour (Pang). Essential viewing for me.

mcfly7

Debutant
Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Sunday Footy Show because it has Kane Cornes
Talking Footy because it has Sam Maclure

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Bounce is weird. It's terrible of course but also badly scheduled for what it is. Should be late on a Saturday night when you're drunk and your standards are low. Primetime on Sunday night... get ****ed.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Bounce and Gameday for me.

Frawley and Mooney are as funny as a jab in the eye with a rusty fork. The creepy uncle thing Frawley does with kids at the end of Golden Fist where he roughs them up is just weird. Lake is d***head. Enough said.

Hamish is a tool. His jokey, matey 'I'm pals with all the players' vibe is irritating and when you add Ling, Welsh, Bolton and squeaky voice Matthews, it's like fingernails down a blackboard.

Back