Least improved Cat ????

Remove this Banner Ad

hoody

Senior List
May 13, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Have read the most improved thread, it brought many nods of approval and smiles in my household.
However, when going through the 22 players in the current team, I had a lot more difficulty finding names of players that have not improved.
I suppose Tommy stands out a bit but I'm prepared to cut him some slack due to injuries and might even slip him some bonus points for his Captaincy role.
Who knows, the way the rest of them are going, if something rubs off HE may even be our most improved at season's end.
Now please remember that this is not supposed to be a negative thread, rather a rejoicing of how much we have improved right across the spectrum.
Right then, who hasn't improved?

Psssst, don't tell the players about this thread - remember, they have to "keep a lid on it".:)

I'd say J.Hunt, Hence why he's stuck in the VFL at the moment. Also Harley and King seem to be going backwards in form.

Outside the 22 - King, going backwards (yes i know he's injured currently)

In the current 22 - Enright i'd say.

Just the current 22 YOTC. I think, to playfair we should leave the twos
out of it.

Enright is an enigma. Many Cat fans sing his praises, probably even more are prepared to bag him. Bomber seems to like him and he only seems in danger of being dropped if BigFooty members are invited on to the selection committee.

Personally, I can put up with the odd sloppy disposal because he gets so many of them. I also think he is clever, courageous and flying at the moment.

Enright was like Corey stuck in the back line and not the midfield were he should be also injuries have tamed him a little.

Enright was like Corey stuck in the back line and not the midfield were he should be also injuries have tamed him a little.

Why would you put Enright in the middle when he doesn't win the ball? Thats right, he has the lowest ratio of uncontested:contested possessions in the team. Your ball winners play in the middle.

Why would you put Enright in the middle when he doesn't win the ball? Thats right, he has the lowest ratio of uncontested:contested possessions in the team. Your ball winners play in the middle.

Wow, I actually would not have expected that.

People who write on here must not ever have played the game, Enright is a floating backline player, who is often pitched against a smaller forward. He creates run through the backline, like what Milburn did last year.

Anyone notice how Milburn has dropped off this year compared to last ?? That is because Enright has taken this role, Milburn's stats are also on the decline from last year, whilse Enrights have gone up. Milburn was the linking floating defender last year, but not this year as they have gone for a younger player, perhaps to prolong Milburn.

I can take a sloppy possession here and there, sure Enright has a few, however he also has about 20-odd others to go with that.

About 5 weeks ago everyone would have stated Ling instead of Enright. Just give the guys a break, Enright is getting 20+ disposals per game, is linking quite well out of defence and is holding his man down, look at that as a positive.

Posters must remember that linking this sort of thread to a player, they must measure that player, not just use one stat, i.e. Contested vs Uncontested ball, and see what the team (coaching staff), have in mind for players. It is obvious that Enright is a runner from the backline, a link man. He isn't as exciting as Wojak, but he doesn't have his pace.

I'll say it again, if you look at negatives you will only breed negatives.

People who write on here must not ever have played the game, Enright is a floating backline player, who is often pitched against a smaller forward. He creates run through the backline, like what Milburn did last year.

Anyone notice how Milburn has dropped off this year compared to last ?? That is because Enright has taken this role, Milburn's stats are also on the decline from last year, whilse Enrights have gone up. Milburn was the linking floating defender last year, but not this year as they have gone for a younger player, perhaps to prolong Milburn.

I can take a sloppy possession here and there, sure Enright has a few, however he also has about 20-odd others to go with that.

About 5 weeks ago everyone would have stated Ling instead of Enright. Just give the guys a break, Enright is getting 20+ disposals per game, is linking quite well out of defence and is holding his man down, look at that as a positive.

Posters must remember that linking this sort of thread to a player, they must measure that player, not just use one stat, i.e. Contested vs Uncontested ball, and see what the team (coaching staff), have in mind for players. It is obvious that Enright is a runner from the backline, a link man. He isn't as exciting as Wojak, but he doesn't have his pace.

I'll say it again, if you look at negatives you will only breed negatives.

I haven't noticed Milburn dropping off at all. I have noticed Enright give away a lot of free kicks and turn the ball over by foot a lot though. He is a good player but it is tough to get a gig at the cats right now. If you are not performing then someone else should be given a chance.

I haven't noticed Milburn dropping off at all. I have noticed Enright give away a lot of free kicks and turn the ball over by foot a lot though. He is a good player but it is tough to get a gig at the cats right now. If you are not performing then someone else should be given a chance.

I agree Dan, and I am first to admit that I want Enright to be traded off at years end. The way he "always" seems to get an opponent high or in the back is just plain dumb. And his kicking is, at best, below average. He does provide some good run, but to turn it over, or put it more to the advantage of the opposition, outweighs any positives.

Same goes for Joel Corey too - and at times I think his disposal is worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same goes for Joel Corey too - and at times I think his disposal is worse.

I think he hit one target today with his kicks. Absolutely shocking.

I think he and Tenace were vying for the worst player on the field.

What? Listen to 'thegerman' he seems to know what he's talking about. Enright is a terrific player, he is hard, accountable and terrific in the air. My only criticism is that he does give away too many free kicks, and yes his foot skills are not as silky as some. But I'd much rather have him in the team than out.

Surely G Ablett! I mean, how much more can he improve? :D

Just on the mention of king. I heatrd a rumour that he himself thinks his days as a cat are done and wants to have at least a few good games late in the year to better his chances for elsewhere.

Just on the mention of king. I heatrd a rumour that he himself thinks his days as a cat are done and wants to have at least a few good games late in the year to better his chances for elsewhere.

What's that smell?? Smells fishy, smells like bait. Trade bait.

Which teams are need a ruckman and of those teams, do they have any players we need?

I can't see anyone giving anything up for him, injury concerns are just too much and at best you will get 50-60 games out of him. He would go in the top 2-3 in a preseason draft though.

Carlton, Collingwood, Bulldogs, Tigers & Hawthorn would be the ones interested i think. Any team that has a starting ruckmen on the long term injury list come end of season would be interested as well.

I would love to see King groomed into a ruck coach for us. Modern day AA ruckmen and ex captain could be a real plus for us. As a Geelong fan I really appreciate his time at the club. He was my favourite player for a long time.

Tenance is OK but his disposal and decision making are second rate. Against Adelaide first quarter, N Abblet 10 meters clear on a lead, Tennace shanks the ball sideways under no pressure.

Twice passes to Mooney who has to stop and prop, no chance of marking. Last Quarter streaming into forward 50 stops and delivers a poor handball to Lingy, who was stationery and had no idea it was coming.

I know it's easy to pick out individual errors in a high pressure game but after watching the replay 3 times there is no doubt Tenance cannot (currently) handle the heat as well as his teammates.

Willing to give him some chances as he needs to have a continous run in the seniors but I don't think he is improving to the level that would have been anticipated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back