domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
I don't care how badly we are playing or how far behind we are- it's bloody pathetic to see Collingwood supporters streaming out of the ground five minutes into the last quarter. We won a flag two game ago and the army was all over the boys and lapping up the glory. Now, after a couple of bad losses they spit the dummy and sook off. It makes me sick. It will be interesting to see how low our crowds get if this form slump continues.

How about showing some loyalty and support when things are going badly as you are supposed to do when you claim to love your team?

I never leave early. A few mins wont hurt one way or another. Even if we are getting belted by 100 points. As I said to mum last night, you are there to support them, win, lose or draw.
But thats just me, i'll clap them off in a poor loss, as as I believe in supporting the team, even in the low times.

Last edited:

For a crowd of 79,000 odd, it was weird to walk straight into Richmond station, barely having to queue, and straight onto a train. You'd have thought the crowd was 20K

I don't care how badly we are playing or how far behind we are- it's bloody pathetic to see Collingwood supporters streaming out of the ground five minutes into the last quarter. We won a flag two game ago and the army was all over the boys and lapping up the glory. Now, after a couple of bad losses they spit the dummy and sook off. It makes me sick. It will be interesting to see how low our crowds get if this form slump continues.

How about showing some loyalty and support when things are going badly as you are supposed to do when you claim to love your team?
Mate it's not about loyalty.
I'm up at 6 work a full day get to the ground than need to be up.early next morning.
If I want to leave early to get an early train before the station becomes a shitfight I will. Also with an elderly relative who needs help getting to station.
It's great the players have given us great memories but it cuts both ways. Membership and numbers create interest create revenue which pays their wages.
If game is Saturday arvo/night I'll stay and have a drink afterwards

Mate it's not about loyalty.
I'm up at 6 work a full day get to the ground than need to be up.early next morning.
If I want to leave early to get an early train before the station becomes a shitfight I will. Also with an elderly relative who needs help getting to station.
It's great the players have given us great memories but it cuts both ways. Membership and numbers create interest create revenue which pays their wages.
If game is Saturday arvo/night I'll stay and have a drink afterwards
I get this.

I work an early shift. Woke up at 4am yesterday. Did my work day.
I hate leaving early and almost never do it, but yesterday I made an exception. My decision to leave when Sydney got their first goal in the last quarter was because I just wanted to get home. I had a 15 min walk to my car and a 50 min drive ahead of me. Got home around 11pm. Didn’t get to bed until close to midnight.

I usually can’t do night games because of my work hours but I made the exception for the flag unfurling.

My decision to leave early yesterday was nothing to do with supporting or not supporting the boys.

Had they been up or a comeback possible, I’d have been ok functioning on adrenaline.

Why do people need to justify themselves to you? I couldn't care less if people leave early, some probably have valid reasons for doing so...

Agree, leaving 5 minutes into the final term was ridiculous. I saw a few of those people around us, who left 6 or 7 mins into the final term.
I understand people leaving around the 20 minute mark, as by that time you may want to avoid the rush in getting back to your car or the station. But 5 minutes in, is a surprise.
I know it was awful to watch, but just grit your teeth, and ride it out a little longer.

For a crowd of 79,000 odd, it was weird to walk straight into Richmond station, barely having to queue, and straight onto a train. You'd have thought the crowd was 20K

I felt it was easier for us walking back to the car as well. Didn't seem to be getting bumped and walked into as much!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stayed to the end but honestly couldn’t give a rats if people leave early.

They’ve paid their money or membership or whatever.

Enough of society telling other people how to live.

You do you.
1000% agree. WE, and i mean everyone, STOP telling others what they should or should not do OR how they should or should not feel. EVERYONES' point of view is valid. if you want to control people, then go to China or Russis.

That doesn't actually do or mean anything. 'a little longer' it's not a religion or cult

Yes it does. It means despite losing or getting belted you still stick around a little longer, and not just do it when we're winning.
Get the context right as well,dont just quote part of my comment. It was around people leaving 5 minutes into the final quarter, and l did say, l understand people leaving early, like around the 20 minute mark.

I've left on quite a few occasions when we are well in front as well. Beat the traffic jam or get on a train that isn't standing room only is nice sometimes regardless of the result. If I go interstate I have no train or home to get to. So always stay until well after the boys have left the ground. But everyone who buys a ticket or membership has a right to leave when they feel like it.

Yes it does. It means despite losing or getting belted you still stick around a little longer, and not just do it when we're winning.
Means nothing and has no bearing on the result.
If you can't understand why people would want to leave early you have low EQ. There are comments on this thread where people don't agree with it but can understand why people do it.

Over decades going to the game, I have left early (wedding, interstate/overseas guests) winning or losing.

If I have had opposition supporters around me, I make a point of mentioning it out loud due to the finger pointing and waving good-bye.

I don't have a problem with some leaving early especially if night game and they are with young family.

We don't know why they are leaving.

I don't judge and as has been said we pay for ticket membership, we can do what we want.

Although I have enjoyed waving good-bye to Melbourne supporters.:)

Means nothing and has no bearing on the result.
If you can't understand why people would want to leave early you have low EQ. There are comments on this thread where people don't agree with it but can understand why people do it.

This.

If Collingwood players are staring at the crowd and watching them leave, rather than concentrating on their jobs….we have massive issues!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back