Leaving Early

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we still allowed to call Tiger fans bandwagoners or accuse the Dees fans of being soft, fair weather supporters? Or is it just our supporters who are off limits? :)

WWDD?

What would Domus do? Imprint it on a wristband. Words to live your life by.

The bloke who's told us that he walks around the streets because he's often too anxious to watch the game on TV now sees fit to tell people to suffer in their seats.

Eagerly awaiting the next pronouncement from the Mount.
That is funny. :thumbsu: I do get preachy.

I don't care how badly we are playing or how far behind we are- it's bloody pathetic to see Collingwood supporters streaming out of the ground five minutes into the last quarter. We won a flag two game ago and the army was all over the boys and lapping up the glory. Now, after a couple of bad losses they spit the dummy and sook off. It makes me sick. It will be interesting to see how low our crowds get if this form slump continues.

How about showing some loyalty and support when things are going badly as you are supposed to do when you claim to love your team?
I switched coverage from TV to mobile phone and started playing a Switch game. Ruined my last 2 weekend with s**t selection and playing like s**t 😂

1000% agree. WE, and i mean everyone, STOP telling others what they should or should not do OR how they should or should not feel. EVERYONES' point of view is valid. if you want to control people, then go to China or Russis.

It’s a balance.

At one extreme you have Russia / China.

At the other extreme you have Haiti / Somalia.

You need some (but not total) freedom and you need some (but not total) fraternity.

I never do leave before the final siren and never would. I do giggle to myself when I see the opposition do it and I would prefer that we were better than that. But hey, Collingwood is my club not my fiefdom.

I don't care how badly we are playing or how far behind we are- it's bloody pathetic to see Collingwood supporters streaming out of the ground five minutes into the last quarter. We won a flag two game ago and the army was all over the boys and lapping up the glory. Now, after a couple of bad losses they spit the dummy and sook off. It makes me sick. It will be interesting to see how low our crowds get if this form slump continues.

How about showing some loyalty and support when things are going badly as you are supposed to do when you claim to love your team?
When the club (and it’s idiotic marketing department) schedule a flag raising ceremony at 6.16 (and then 6.26), preventing at least 50% of it’s supporter base from watching it, they’ve got no grounds to stand on. That level of disrespect will be rewarded with contempt.
Dish up that level of s**t, commencing with a ceremony in a 90% empty stadium followed by inept crap where only a few (Naicos, Maynard, Cameron, Pendlebury) busted their guts… the club should be apologising after that cluster$&ck.

Who is crying? And why has Fly made our crowd support and taking us on the journey his mantra if the supporters' passion and involvement is meaningless?

Probably not too many crying in fairness. Most people would realise it would be foolhardy to complain about people living their lives. But someone found it necessary to make a thread about it.

That is funny. :thumbsu: I do get preachy.
Preachy?

Is that what you call it?

We all know from your posts that you’re the greatest Collingwood supporter ever.

You can’t even watch a game through without bailing out for a walk around the block. Yet you preach to others.

You are the last person on earth to preach to anyone. You already hate half our supporter base.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Preachy?

Is that what you call it?

We all know from your posts that you’re the greatest Collingwood supporter ever.

You can’t even watch a game through without bailing out for a walk around the block. Yet you preach to others.

You are the last person on earth to preach to anyone. You already hate half our supporter base.
Hate? Grow up. Is hyperbolic your second name?

I don't walk the block depending on the scoreline. I walk it regardless of the scores.. But since you and others have brought this up it is quite laughable to hear the accusations of hate and being holier than thou. When I chose to mention my anxiety when watching us live on TV in interstate clashes a number of posters made derogatory remarks. I could call those remarks rather hateful but didn't.

I then make a comment about fans who leave because we are losing (rather than anxious) and I am branded the hater and judgmental one. It's always the same handful who never stop offering personal invective whenever someone disagrees with their views.

Why weren't you calling out those who attacked me when I made that post and accusing them of thinking they are superior supporters because they don't feel anxiety when watching us? Some can't wait to pounce the moment they perceive an opening.

Hate? What a joke.

And what are these other posts which lead you to believe I think I am the greatest Collingwood supporter ever?

Probably not too many crying in fairness. Most people would realise it would be foolhardy to complain about people living their lives. But someone found it necessary to make a thread about it.
What? I see endless complaining about all kinds of issues on this forum-most related to how people are behaving (or living their lives as you put it) be they footballers, coaches or supporters.

Many on this forum wanted a certain Collingwood champion sacked for doing something so unserious it defies belief yet their constant negativity and anger directed at a Collingwood player received a lot of support. Didn't see much of a pushback to that genuine hate. That judgment of someone just living their life wasn't considered foolhardy.

I don't walk the block depending on the scoreline. I walk it regardless of the scores.. But since you and others have brought this up it is quite laughable to hear the accusations of hate and being holier than thou. When I chose to mention my anxiety when watching us live on TV in interstate clashes a number of posters made derogatory remarks. I could call those remarks rather hateful but didn't.

I then make a comment about fans who leave because we are losing (rather than anxious) and I am branded the hater and judgmental one. It's always the same handful who never stop offering personal invective whenever someone disagrees with their views.

Why weren't you calling out those who attacked me when I made that post and accusing them of thinking they are superior supporters because they don't feel anxiety when watching us? Some can't wait to pounce the moment they perceive an opening.

Hate? What a joke.

And what are these other posts which lead you to believe I think I am the greatest Collingwood supporter ever?

I think it was your weird misogyny that first raised your profile. Followed by your special stories of personal Collingwood folklore that basically screamed “I love the Pies more than yous”.

Then your walks plus the dislike of early leavers. You are the best.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Your complaining to me leaving 10 mins into the last when half the side didn’t even bother showing up to the game 🤡

Hate? What a joke.

You’re a very special kind of victim Domey.

If only men like you had a voice.

When there's a crowd of 80k it's good for everyone if some people leave earlier.

Now we have Fly apologising to us fans for the performance on Friday night.

I’m not comfortable with that. We’ve had two hugely disappointing losses, but the man who has done so much for our club already feels compelled to apologise to us? Are we that pathetic and entitled? Are the supporters angry because it’s dawning on us that we might not go back-to-back - despite not having achieved that in nearly a century?

I have faith that the club will sort this out, but that might not be enough to ‘flag’ in 2023. I can live with that, if we remain a strong club with the capacity to go again and keep contending.

Go well Fly, and don’t pander to the babies throwing their toys out of the cot.

Now we have Fly apologising to us fans for the performance on Friday night.

I’m not comfortable with that. We’ve had two hugely disappointing losses, but the man who has done so much for our club already feels compelled to apologise to us? Are we that pathetic and entitled? Are the supporters angry because it’s dawning on us that we might not go back-to-back - despite not having achieved that in nearly a century?

I have faith that the club will sort this out, but that might not be enough to ‘flag’ in 2023. I can live with that, if we remain a strong club with the capacity to go again and keep contending.

Go well Fly, and don’t pander to the babies throwing their toys out of the cot.

I guess there could be possibilities with this …

(a) Fly is apologising for us not being on track to go back-to-back
(b) Fly is apologising for us losing the game
(c) Fly is apologising for us putting in a (in his opinion) substandard performance
(d) other?

I think (a) is a total nonstarter. Fly has studiously shut down any talk of “back-to-back”. He and the club have set expectations that we’re “just trying to qualify”.

(b) just isn’t Fly’s style, because that would be disrespectful of the opposition, and Fly isn’t like that.

I’m comfortable with it being (c)

I always stay to the end but let people do what they choose. The team decided to not show up mentally so can't begrudge people leaving

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back