Leaving Early

Remove this Banner Ad

I used to think the same, but now I have no problem with it. The game goes long enough, starts and finishes late enough as it is. We have busy lives, who knows where people travel from. Plenty would come from Ballarat and could be the difference between 11pm and 1am home time for example. Then have the early wake up with kids etc

We don’t hang around late at work just for the sake of it, not sure why this is any different imo

I am aware of members of the Coventry and McHale families who left early last night. Some of them elderly. Ashamed I didn’t personally abuse them.

This is what Domie is talking about - You are a half-ar$ed abuser

When there's a crowd of 80k it's good for everyone if some people leave earlier.

Sidey could learn from you about complex adaptive systems

Last edited:
The bigger issue for me is I/we sat there liked stunned mullets.
We should’ve got the chant happening to show our support - not just when we’re winning.

My feelings on the matter haven’t changed in well over a decade

If we’re getting belted I don’t stay

I’ve paid to be there
The players are paid to be there. Handsomely.

If they’re not gonna stay for the whole game why should I?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sneaking Out Daffy Duck GIF by Looney Tunes

I personally don’t like it. Really just makes you look fairweather imo. Good times and bad, always stay until the end

It’s Thursday night, I have work tomorrow like most people on here.

I got home from work, did what I needed to and raced to the MCG just before the bounce.

Not interested in weather reports.

It’s Thursday night, I have work tomorrow like most people on here.

I got home from work, did what I needed to and raced to the MCG just before the bounce.

Not interested in weather reports.
Work or no work, you know what time the game finishes before you decide to go. Can’t use that as an excuse to leave early because guarantee if we’re winning, “I’ve got work in the morning” doesn’t even cross your mind.

Work or no work, you know what time the game finishes before you decide to go. Can’t use that as an excuse to leave early because guarantee if we’re winning, “I’ve got work in the morning” doesn’t even cross your mind.

nah, have left plenty of games when the Pies were up.

Forget about leaving early, for away games Collingwood fans should simply not buy a ticket, stop showing up and propping up the AFL and these minnow clubs whilst the AFL continues to treat the club like nothing more than a cash cow.
Please explain? The game was at the MCG. It was effectively a bonus home game given we always play them at Marvel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back