Trav 20

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Idiots get ignored
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Dees
It's a disgrace that Ziebell was injured today by running into this style of advertising inside the perimeter of the ground (GMHBA). It also happened in Perth from memory earlier in the year. Players should not be getting stitched up due to inevitable contact with fencing within the ground.

In such a litigious age I'm amazed it's allowed.

It’s ironic that it was due to the Geelong incident that the Perth stadium was changed to provent this kind of incident yet the Geelong football club didn’t make the same changes at their own stadium

When North next play West Coast they should sharpen the fence, injure a player and then complete the loop.

But yes, not surprised it was the kind of thing that gets overlooked at happens at a new stadium in Perth, but after that every stadium should've gone and checked that it wouldn't happen at their joint!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-09/cats-left-bloodied-after-optus-stadium-fence-hits

Hocking said the LED signage at Optus Stadium is the same as that used at the MCG, Etihad Stadium and Geelong's GMHBA Stadium, and did not rule out placing further safety measures around the advertising if it's deemed necessary following the probe.

"I will acknowledge the fact that that stadium is fit and has certainly been risk-assessed. It's in alignment to all the stadiums around the country," Hocking said.

"It is unfortunate and we'll work with the club over the coming days to support the players."
So they ticked off on it as being 'safe' despite Blicavs needing 14 stitches - because it's the same at MCG, Etihad and Kardinia Park. Should have been warning enough after this first incident, how the AFL didn't follow up on it at all grounds is baffling.

It’s ironic that it was due to the Geelong incident that the Perth stadium was changed to provent this kind of incident yet the Geelong football club didn’t make the same changes at their own stadium
timeout. Don't blame us for it passing the AFL's standards.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-09/cats-left-bloodied-after-optus-stadium-fence-hits

So they ticked off on it as being 'safe' despite Blicavs needing 14 stitches - because it's the same at MCG, Etihad and Kardinia Park. Should have been warning enough after this first incident, how the AFL didn't follow up on it at all grounds is baffling.

Blame the AFL.

I have said this elsewhere but the Geelong Football Club do not own the stadium. Kardinia Park Stadium Trust owns it and it is there responsibility to make sure it is safe. They must of assumed that given Optus was new and it was blamed on the LED signage being new and not worn that our LED signage would be fine.

Bad assumption to make.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is terrible and the AFL need to have each stadium checked by an independent person since I don't trust them to give an objective opinion.

I have said this elsewhere but the Geelong Football Club do not own the stadium. Kardinia Park Stadium Trust owns it and it is there responsibility to make sure it is safe. They must of assumed that given Optus was new and it was blamed on the LED signage being new and not worn that our LED signage would be fine.

Bad assumption to make.

Good to clarify that, but I suppose regardless of who's responsibility it is, is pretty shithouse that the lesson from Perth Stadium is yet to be learnt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back