Strategy 2020 Hypothetical Trades – Left Field Trade Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

Fiorini and Petty to the Crows for draft picks to the Suns and Demons. Wines to Essendon, Daniher to Swans, something (draft picks? maybe Hewett and/or Ronke?) to Port. Would need draft picks included to balance.

Difficult to say much for teams other than Crows as I'm not 100% sure on their list needs.
What draft pick you giving up for Fiorini?

What draft pick you giving up for Fiorini?

I think he just signed a long term deal before finding himself out of the side a bit, so probably wouldn't be cheap. I would be happy to stump up pick 28 or maybe better, but I don't pretend to be an expert on pick or player worth.

Would love to get Dunkley at the Tigers. Exactly the type of player that we need and are missing in our midfield. Just not sure that we have the currency. A current 1st rounder would be the starting point but what else would need to go on top?

How about this?
Essendon receive Josh dunkley
Collingwood receive pick 8
Bulldogs receive jayden Stephenson
I'd do it, and surely Essendon would too. Collingwood getting the best value out of that trade, but still not sure they'd go for it tbh.

Collingwood get the best out of it? Trading out a star small forward who kicked 40 goals in his debut year for a kid who might turn out to be a dud...

Collingwood get the best out of it? Trading out a star small forward who kicked 40 goals in his debut year for a kid who might turn out to be a dud...
Nice exaggeration, he didn't reach 40, but still very good.

Stephenson was also out of the side this year when fit. Can we really class him as a star small forward? I rate him as a potential star, but he's not there yet. And as I said, Pies wouldn't do the trade, but doesn't mean Stephenson is even worth Pick 8

Nice exaggeration, he didn't reach 40, but still very good.

Stephenson was also out of the side this year when fit. Can we really class him as a star small forward? I rate him as a potential star, but he's not there yet. And as I said, Pies wouldn't do the trade, but doesn't mean Stephenson is even worth Pick 8

Okay, he kicked 38 goals & 24 behinds. Yup. 62 scoring shots in first season.

He was recovering from glandular fever. He didn’t have a preseason. Not sure what you’re definition of fit is. He’s played 8/10 games this year.

He kicked 21 goals in 12 games prior to his gambling situation last year.

In his first 38 games, he kicked 59 goals. He’s worth a lot more than Pick 8.

Fyfe to Richmond for Shai Bolton (WA boy) and their next two first round picks (15-18).

Freo won't contend with Fyfe there so give him a chance to win a flag and give their rebuild another shot in the arm..

Richmond are unstoppable for a couple of years. May win another 2-3 flags in four years.

Tiges should have some cash with Rance going.

Last edited:
Fyfe to Richmond for Shai Bolton (WA boy) and their next two first round picks (15-18).

Freo won't contend with Fyfe there so give him a chance to win a flag and give their rebuild another shot in the arm..

Richmond are unstoppable for a couple of years. May win another 2-3 flags in four years.

Tiges should have some cash with Rance going.

Ha ha, the ship for us getting Fyfe has probably sailed. Bolton is a keeper, we have a lot of great youth coming through we want to support and grow.

Our improvement comes from the likes of Bolton, why send him away?

Nic Naitanui for Mumford and Jacobs.

1 injury riddled ruckman for 2 ruckman with wisdom, experience and all Australian accolades

Is this the how about I give you 2 datsuns for a Ferrari theory?

Took a while but we have a winner. Not pefect but has all the hallmarks.

Has anyone offered 3 spuds to a developing team for an early 2nd/late first? Big body, protect the kids etc.

Brown + Turner + 56 + 60 to Sydney for 2021 R1.
Dumont + Ahern to Adelaide for 2021 R2.
Goldstein + 2020 R2 > Geelong for pick ~16 (we pay salary) could play until he’s 40.
Ziebell to GC > 2021 R2

Anyone want Pittard or Hall? You can have them for nothing.
I reckon Dumont would be worth that to the crows, no pmr

Ziebell would be great up there ploughing a path for the young Suns.

You'll go far on trade radio.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne to move Angus Brayshaw on for a position of need.

Hes a good player stuck out of position behind even better players in Oliver and Petracca. Melbourne are really struggling everywhere else on the ground.

Unfortunately for Adelaide hes the same position we have too many in so it might not be the best for us.

fair point...
Still not the worst thing to explore a trade given he's surplus to needs.. just would he looking to upgrade a pick and potentially even pay his salary for the other club, rather than other way around

Still not the worst thing to explore a trade given he's surplus to needs.. just would he looking to upgrade a pick and potentially even pay his salary for the other club, rather than other way around

For example? .. What sort of upgrade would you suggest?

To me he represents a speculative almost negative value so who ever takes him should have some sort of benefit for taking him ... Very hard till the afl let everyone know about list sizes

For example? .. What sort of upgrade would you suggest?

To me he represents a speculative almost negative value so who ever takes him should have some sort of benefit for taking him ... Very hard till the afl let everyone know about list sizes
For anyone who actually wants him, a minor upgrade similar to what you mention - a few places in the late second round, or maybe just a pick in the 50s. More likely he just finished his career with the Crows though

For anyone who actually wants him, a minor upgrade similar to what you mention - a few places in the late second round, or maybe just a pick in the 50s. More likely he just finished his career with the Crows though

If Carlton could arrange it , it would be a good karma type deal like with eddie. He might actually be more useful there anyway.. not a great look to leave someone like him to just rot in the lower level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back