Legacy Esports results and news #LGCWIN

Remove this Banner Ad

We have the worst coaching group in the AFL & I suspect the lowest paid.... at a time we badly need development coaches when we are in a rebuild. Why?

We have postponed any redevelopment move to the Adelaide Parkland.
The 2nd point was Covid related, so I'm quietly confident that any club would have made that same call

There is no evidence to suggest we are paying less because we don't have money. Poor choices? The lateness of the review ? Lack of availability? Covid ?

I'm happy to see what happens in 2021 once we've had a chance to see who we bring in.

We have the worst coaching group in the AFL & I suspect the lowest paid.... at a time we badly need development coaches when we are in a rebuild. Why?

We have postponed any redevelopment move to the Adelaide Parkland.

Postponing the Adelaide Parkland redevelopment proposal was smart. It was a dumb decision and smelled rushed. Thebarton oval is my pick. Away from the Adelaide City Council who are horrendously bad at doing anything. Everything good in the city is done at state level.

Also the coaching point is unfair. If you can't train a young group of players in any more than groups of 10 for a long period of time you can't expect anything. The context of covid will play havoc. It was the perfect storm. We are showing improvement every week. So maybe it's time to just sit back and see what happens in the off-season and rather than continually having a dig. It's getting old.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The 2nd point was Covid related, so I'm quietly confident that any club would have made that same call

There is no evidence to suggest we are paying less because we don't have money. Poor choices? The lateness of the review ? Lack of availability? Covid ?

I'm happy to see what happens in 2021 once we've had a chance to see who we bring in.
So why are we playing the least for the worst group of coaches... particularly if as you say, we don't have any major money problems?

Postponing the Adelaide Parkland redevelopment proposal was smart. It was a dumb decision and smelled rushed. Thebarton oval is my pick. Away from the Adelaide City Council who are horrendously bad at doing anything. Everything good in the city is done at state level.

Also the coaching point is unfair. If you can't train a young group of players in any more than groups of 10 for a long period of time you can't expect anything. The context of covid will play havoc. It was the perfect storm. We are showing improvement every week. So maybe it's time to just sit back and see what happens in the off-season and rather than continually having a dig. It's getting old.

Are you honestly trying to tell me we don't have the worst coaching group?

Seriously....

Our football team is bad because we don't pay our coaches enough because we have an esports team? Really? Even for this board that it pretty delusional.

Our football team is bad due to poor list management, inability to hire or retain good coaches, and a pandemic affecting our ability to train a new game plan. We are undesirable to come (coaches or players) to due to our location and terrible management. We just had a review very late and had to make do with the coaches available. None of this has anything to do with Legacy or any other non-football ventures.

Seriously....
Not at all. I'm trying to tell you the data you are using is skewed in your favor and it's impossible to argue. Other than you aren't seeing behind the scenes and taking into account the increased performance. Alot more positive signs than several clubs. Improvement is a good sign of coaches knowing what they are doing. North, Hawks and Sydney are going backwards.

Not at all. I'm trying to tell you the data you are using is skewed in your favor and it's impossible to argue. Other than you aren't seeing behind the scenes and taking into account the increased performance. Alot more positive signs than several clubs. Improvement is a good sign of coaches knowing what they are doing. North, Hawks and Sydney are going backwards.

Forget the data.

Line-up Nicks, Godden, Hart, Clarke & Reilly against all other clubs coaches & you will get a better understanding how thin we are for coaches.

Worse, all our assistants have played for AFC & we lack coaches from other systems.

It was one the better coaching groups.

Notice you didn't answer my question about the current coaching group...
I don't know what to rate them on, win loss? We've undoubtedly improved, our midfield looks competitive now, is that coaching or is that players?

I don't think it's the best, but couldn't tell you with any confidence it's the worst.

Edit - it will be interesting how we view next years appointments.

Is Dean Solomon a dud because he came from GC?

Last edited:

Seriously....
We probably do. But the alternative was what?

Unless you want to go back to the appointment of Nicks and say it should have happened by August - when assistant coaches are given new contracts or not - it was always going to be difficult for him to get his ideal coaching group together.

Then COVID decimated that even further. It's incredibly challenging to improve, so the mature playing groups with set structures are going to be much better.

At this point, I'm not going to remain angry about the past. I'm going to focus on the success of a plan going forward.

Forget the data.

Line-up Nicks, Godden, Hart, Clarke & Reilly against all other clubs coaches & you will get a better understanding how thin we are for coaches.

Worse, all our assistants have played for AFC & we lack coaches from other systems.
The last point is a furphy though.

As an example, other than Voss (who was unemployable at the time) all of Port's coaches are from Port too.

That's largely true for most clubs. I think the bigger point is - what other programs have they been exposed to?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We probably do. But the alternative was what?

Unless you want to go back to the appointment of Nicks and say it should have happened by August - when assistant coaches are given new contracts or not - it was always going to be difficult for him to get his ideal coaching group together.

Then COVID decimated that even further. It's incredibly challenging to improve, so the mature playing groups with set structures are going to be much better.

At this point, I'm not going to remain angry about the past. I'm going to focus on the success of a plan going forward.
Many coaches have been laid off because of COVID & are available (eg. Solomon), yet we are still running with the worst bunch in a development year.

Surely we should be trying to boost at least our development coaches.

The last point is a furphy though.

As an example, other than Voss (who was unemployable at the time) all of Port's coaches are from Port too.

That's largely true for most clubs. I think the bigger point is - what other programs have they been exposed to?
Schofield coached in West Coast's system.
Bassett - Essendon, played at the Crows.
Montgomery & Voss have been at several clubs.

More importantly they still have Geoff Morris as part of their development team.

Schofield coached in West Coast's system.
Bassett - Essendon, played at the Crows.
Montgomery & Voss have been at several clubs.

More importantly they still have Geoff Morris as part of their development team.
Is Geoff Morris that important?

I would have thought, across the journey, Port's development has been pretty mediocre. There's some early picks who didn't amount to much.

Also - Schofield, Brogan, Cornes and Montgomery were Port players. Hentschel and Bassett were from the next suburb over. That seems to support my point?

945,000 people watched tonight as Legacy beat Brazilian team INTZ in their first game at Worlds. Babip, Tally and Topoon brilliant!!

Well done to them and that's great.

Do you know, apart from AFC owning them, was there any Adelaide Crows signage or any logo linking them to us at all during the coverage?
945,000 people watched tonight as Legacy beat Brazilian team INTZ in their first game at Worlds. Babip, Tally and Topoon brilliant!!

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well done to them and that's great.

Do you know, apart from AFC owning them, was there any Adelaide Crows signage or any logo linking them to us at all during the coverage?

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was actually discussed on the pre game intro by the American casters. Caught me by surprise.

Why have you mentioned Thebarton oval, I've heard of no plans to move there.
Last I read the amateur league owns the complex and is going to redevelop it soon, no mention of Crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back