Legacy Esports results and news #LGCWIN

Remove this Banner Ad

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sad news. Despite our team having it's best ever season and putting up a good showing at Worlds, it looks as though the competition is being shut down.

Has been on the cards for well over 12 months and is one of the large reasons Essendon got rid of their team.

So this entire thing has been an expensive waste for the Crows.

Sad news. Despite our team having it's best ever season and putting up a good showing at Worlds, it looks as though the competition is being shut down.

Very sad. Hopefully there will be a league of some description next year.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just checked AFC.com and there's still nothing about Smart's departure. Where has the club announced this and where's our update on how it impacts such an important cashflow driver as our e-sports division. Obviously taking the piss re the money making part, but the club have spruiked the importance of this, where's the update given the significant change?

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just checked AFC.com and there's still nothing about Smart's departure. Where has the club announced this and where's our update on how it impacts such an important cashflow driver as our e-sports division. Obviously taking the piss re the money making part, but the club have spruiked the importance of this, where's the update given the significant change?

I'm starting to feel they're not going to announce it, just let him slink off into the night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Rooch interviewed him on InDaily, claims the eSports business is costs neutral and independently valued at over 1 million. I doubt it.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Actually he doesn't give an independent valuation.

he just said it was 'independently valued'. But no mention of what that value is, or even if its a number above 0.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I did.

He claimed our esports team, which no longer exists, has value.

It's just more of his lies and bullshit.
Why bullshit now he not part of the Crows,
You do Understand Legacy is only part of the Esport deal and LOL is only part of Legacy. they have several other teams, including a 5 person roster competing in Riot Games new VALORANT,
ESport in Australia is not Dead just because Riot pulled out of the LOL OceanaPro league,
Don't know what the future of the Crows involvement with a new boss coming in, but Legacy but to date it been cost neutral

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
You do Understand Legacy is only part of the Esport deal and LOL is only part of Legacy. they have several other teams, including a 5 person roster competing in Riot Games new VALORANT,
ESport in Australia is not Dead just because Riot pulled out of the LOL OceanaPro league,
Don't know what the future of the Crows involvement with a new boss coming in, but Legacy but to date it been cost neutral

He is bullshitting because its his legacy and therefore his future employability at stake. If he admits it was a horrible * up he screws himself.

Yes because that's what you do with a venture that is currently cost neutral and has a positive value, you hide it from your annual report and refuse to give transparent answers about it at your AGM.

Always the best tactic when things are going well, obfuscate and dodge transparency; Can't have people knowing you're doing well!

Our 5 person Valorant roster: what league or competition are they part of? Because there isn't one here in Australia, nor will there be one. So basically we have a 5 person roster to compete in... nothing. Yet more ******* genius on our parts.

Esports is not dead so much as aborted; because it was judged non-viable, just like every other significant attempt at esports in Australia. It never got to the stage of being alive.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Also, mention generating $2 million of non-football related income for 2019.

And $2m expenses. So at best, it's break even and I'm sure we were provided info at the conservative end. I mean Smart wouldn't quote numbers that were better than they actually were. It took 2 years to get it to revenue neutral against $2m in yearly costs. How much have we burned and now LOL is dead, revenue will plummet and costs need to go down at a rate ahead of it.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

No, at best it eventually arrived at cost neutral at some point. We don't know the losses that led to getting there.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
No point in continuing as you guys know all the answers, have fun Because I am.

Edit And yes I am being sarcastic, in case you missed it.

So unless you can back up your claims I don't care. And I am Still having fun

Remove this Banner Ad

Back