Legacy games

Remove this Banner Ad

3 years on from my original post and I'm now involved in a group playing both Pandemic Legacy S1 and Gloomhaven. The others are all pretty dedicated gamers so we manage to get together pretty regularly (maybe once every ten days).

GH tends to hit the table more, and that's been the case more of late due to ppl's first characters being close to retirement.

Pandemic started off as not too hard but come the April/May phases, holy sh!!!!!t.

I've considered getting my own copy of GH. It's certainly not a cheap game but if you can find others (or even one other) willing to dedicate the time, I feel the amount of content and play justifies the outlay. It's that finding of dedicated players which has held me back from making the purchase.

Legacy ones played and completed - Pandemic Legacy seasons 1 & 2 (wife and I with two gaming friends)
Legacy one awaiting via Kickstarter : Sleeping Gods - will see if game friends want to do or just wife and I.
Legacy youngest is getting for Christmas : Machi Koro Legacy - will be wife, 2 boys and I.

Campaign games aren't quite the same as Legacy games.

Campaign games playing:
Gloomhaven - been playing for over a year with my wife (we run 2 characters each). Depending on choices not every of 90 odd missions you'll complete, but we've done around 70 odd and have another half a dozen to finish all random scenario's, before we tackle final Gloom scenario. Then will move onto Forgotten Circles expansion. Probably 200 hours each into Gloomhaven, which at around $200 paid for makes 50c an hour each. Game is worth every cent.
Near and Far - done 1 of 15 missions so far (wife and I)
Time Stories - I'd classify this as a campaign game. So far done the base mission and The Marcy Case (wife and I with two gaming friends)

Legacy ones played and completed - Pandemic Legacy seasons 1 & 2 (wife and I with two gaming friends)
Legacy one awaiting via Kickstarter : Sleeping Gods - will see if game friends want to do or just wife and I.
Legacy youngest is getting for Christmas : Machi Koro Legacy - will be wife, 2 boys and I.

Campaign games aren't quite the same as Legacy games.

Campaign games playing:
Gloomhaven - been playing for over a year with my wife (we run 2 characters each). Depending on choices not every of 90 odd missions you'll complete, but we've done around 70 odd and have another half a dozen to finish all random scenario's, before we tackle final Gloom scenario. Then will move onto Forgotten Circles expansion. Probably 200 hours each into Gloomhaven, which at around $200 paid for makes 50c an hour each. Game is worth every cent.
Near and Far - done 1 of 15 missions so far (wife and I)
Time Stories - I'd classify this as a campaign game. So far done the base mission and The Marcy Case (wife and I with two gaming friends)
Played pandemic legacy 1 with my wife too and we both loved it...
got Gloomhaven and l love it but my wife can’t get into it.

Played through an entire story of Werewolf Legacy which put a few interesting twists on things.

Also, tried a couple of rounds of King's Dilemma which is fun and very intricate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back