Lego Masters

Remove this Banner Ad

First episode of the new season tonight. Really happy with the changes to the format. Platinum brick is up for grabs with each build. Teams don't necessarily know ahead of time if a build is an elimination challenge. Once eliminated, no capacity to return to the competition.

Having said that, it's pretty easy to tell which teams were thrown together by producers. Not sure that the quality of the teams is consistent this time around.

Hard to tell from the edit, but gee, Lexie could not be any less enthusiastic about her partner's idea for the challenge in tonight's episode. She was working at 110% capacity for her mermaids build and seems to be going at half rat power for the rocket man build.

Hard to tell from the edit, but gee, Lexie could not be any less enthusiastic about her partner's idea for the challenge in tonight's episode. She was working at 110% capacity for her mermaids build and seems to be going at half rat power for the rocket man build.

not surprised to see comments re Lexie. Had a sook the whole way through the project. “I don’t know Elton John”, you know what a ******* rocket looks like though don’t you Lexie? (Apparently not).
Her passive aggressive sooking gave me the shits, then she runs to take the brick and calls it “my brick”
she shitted me in the first ep too, didn’t want brickmans advice and her mermaid tail looked like s**t. real narcissist vibes.

also Branko looks like a balding Frodo.

Yep the show's making Lexie to be out as a know it all -i'd be surprised if she has a partner . Also Lol at the self proclaimed "influencer"

Lexie and Rachael have all the hallmarks of being a pair put together by the producers.

Turns out that Joss has already had some of his builds exhibited at the Lego House Masterpiece Gallery in Denmark. Based on their builds to date, I would have them favourite to take out the competition this year.

Fatal mistake by Trent and Paul last night with their build. I think Brickman is itching to eject Lexi from the competition, but he couldn't do it in last night's episode given the shortcomings the blokes had with their build. We have episodes this week and then the grand final some time next week, since Celebrity Apprentice starts the week afterwards.

I quite like how there have just been less eliminations this season- it was pretty silly in previous seasons how teams got brought back, and I think for this type of show it is better to keep more teams for as long as possible- the more builds the better! Unfortunately is does mean a lot of the builds seem a bit pointless, and it's quite random if you happen to have a bad build on the night of an elimination, but I guess that's part of the game. Ideally I think it would be good to have an extended "round robin" stage at the start, giving points from first to last for each episode, which would give more meaning to the builds, then have a finals week with the top teams or something like that.

Pretty clear which 2 teams should/will be in the finals (Joss/Henry & Nick/Gene) also shown by how the titanium brick was split just for them as they 100% needed to be saved for the finals haha.

Cant believe how many times making a face has saved Lexi/Rachael, I feel Lexi is there for troll purposes.

It would be amazing if they did an all stars series next as there have been a clearly strong 2-3 teams each season so to bring most of them back for a season would be mind blowing.

Pretty clear which 2 teams should/will be in the finals (Joss/Henry & Nick/Gene) also shown by how the titanium brick was split just for them as they 100% needed to be saved for the finals haha.

Cant believe how many times making a face has saved Lexi/Rachael, I feel Lexi is there for troll purposes.

It would be amazing if they did an all stars series next as there have been a clearly strong 2-3 teams each season so to bring most of them back for a season would be mind blowing.
I do like the erratic brilliance of Kirsty/Dan though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rather telling that on Trent and Paul's instagram page they thank all contestants......except one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220510-144342_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220510-144342_Instagram.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 170
That Lexi has to go. That team seem to have had the most bottom builds and have seemed to avoid elimination every time by it not being an elim build, and then getting lucky with a 2nd bottom finish when it is. Surely they cannot go on any further. Feel so sorry for the woman that has to build with her.

Fair season. Only surprise was maybe 2nd and 3rd could have swapped places, but winner was probably fine. Need an all star challenge now, all winners and maybe runners up to go head to head?

Fair season. Only surprise was maybe 2nd and 3rd could have swapped places, but winner was probably fine. Need an all star challenge now, all winners and maybe runners up to go head to head?
I liked that the finale had 3 different build styles. It was close for me between 1st and 2nd - perhaps if they had built into the trunk some side studs to attach other features rather than the single brown column?
3rd place built probably their weakest showing over the whole season - the "greener" side did not look very green and the troll ended up looking very small compared to the other builds (esp the kaiju)

I liked that the finale had 3 different build styles. It was close for me between 1st and 2nd - perhaps if they had built into the trunk some side studs to attach other features rather than the single brown column?
3rd place built probably their weakest showing over the whole season - the "greener" side did not look very green and the troll ended up looking very small compared to the other builds (esp the kaiju)
Agreed, I did initially think the troll was going to be bigger. I liked all the little things going on in the tree one, but I just didnt like the tree itself too much. Winner was easily the most impressive looking.

Could not believe how badly Nick/Gene bottled it with their horrifically bland idea. You have to think of buyability as well, no one would scream out wanting to buy a troll/bridge set. All season they've had amazing ideas and then they build a troll in the final who was also standard human size.

Alex/Caleb's idea was worthy enough to win but lacked the polish, so the brothers won by default despite their kaiju idea being a bit niche.

Would love an all stars season with the top 2-3 from each of the past few seasons!

Even though this is my first reality show I've watched this year in full, I'm already burnt out. Kept cracking the sh*ts over the horrific editing where the same line would be repeated at least 3 times every 5 mins. 'So today we are building...', 'as this challenge is.....', nearly threw my remote at the tv multiple times.

I thought that was the weakest final we've had so far, none of the builds were really as breathtaking as previous years I didn't think

Yeah agree, all of them were pretty Meh.....other years grand final pieces have been much better.

We only just finished the series due to kids being at their dads for a week at a time so we watch it on catchup. Thought the winners were the best overall, even if their ideas were quite often similar, just really good builders. Caleb & Alex came out of no-where, thought they may have gone reasonably early in the series and Gene & Nick picked a terrible build for the final.

That Lexi, we couldnt believe how much a bitch she was, by half way in the series her teammate hated her. Then we kept our eyes on other teams interactions with her......dounts, always left out and given the cold shoulder. What a piece of work - and her teammate was pretty good at lego (even brickman was pumping her up due to the doubts caused by Lexi)

I always try and pick the winner first episode and stick with them, my selections thus far:
Season 1: David & G - Runner Up
Season 2: Jackson & Alex - Winners
Season 3: Owen & Scott - Runners Up
Season 4: Joss &Henry - Winner

i guess ill pick the runners up next year 🤣

Agreed, I did initially think the troll was going to be bigger. I liked all the little things going on in the tree one, but I just didnt like the tree itself too much. Winner was easily the most impressive looking.

The tree looked pretty ordinary from the front, two square but did like all the minifigure things going on, like the one painting a portrait of the dog.

Minifigures are underused in a lot of the tasks, they can tell such a great story

I would have voted for the tree one to win, it may not have been the best technically but it was a really cool and funny idea with the mini figs using a watch as a clock, a first aid kit as a hospital plus an iPhone and a Rubik's cube.

Joss and Henry's big serpent fighting a giant crab may have been technically better but it lacked imagination and was something they did repeatedly.

Brickman called them out on that yet he still voted for it so you have to question his integrity.

Caleb and Alex were my favourite team, they came up with some great ideas and executed them well and Caleb did a great Brickman impression.

Least favourite team was Rachael and Lexi solely due to Lexi being in it, she had a resting bitch face and always blamed Rachael for any problems they had despite Rachael being a better Lego builder than her. The worst Lego Masters contestant I've ever seen.

Still a great show overall, my favourite reality show behind Survivor and Hamish and Brickman are great hosts so hopefully there's more series to come.

I haven't watched the "Bricksmas" episodes before, but stumbled across it tonight. The builds are much more interesting and creative than I expected when half the team are celebrities.

I've enjoyed the guy from the Block sweating his balls off playing with lego tonight :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back