Lego Masters

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Perhaps it's just because it's such a good tonic for current times, but I'm enjoying this immensely. It's very human, well hosted and the builds have been top drawer.

We loved season 1 - great family show. our 2 kids love it and its great to watch it together. I loved lego as a kid and still build stuff with the kids now (who have gotten into it the last 12-18 months after getting heaps of lego for christmas/birthdays from us/family and friends the last 3 or 4 years - even when they werent really into it)

Hamish and Brickman work well together - i saw an ad for Hamish and Andy repeats and said to the missus - 'imagine legomasters with Andy Lee as the host?' - it just wouldnt work.

BuddysBiggestFan

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What a load of s**t that result was.

The guys that left were one of the best competitors in the comp. You couldn’t even tell what the girls 3D art was. It was just a mess. Can’t have only guys left and 1 girl. That would be sexist!

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I reckon Annie and Runa would have nailed that one. Shame they were eliminated so early for mine.

I don't think the bull rider was any more 3D than the street scene so the judging confused me. For me it was between the fly trap and the movie poster.

EDIT: typo

Last edited:

Acinath

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Sent two home last night because they didn't follow the brief enough.

Tonight, one team completely stuffs the brief but they get to stick around because their technical skills are brilliant. Reality TV never fails to amaze.

BuddysBiggestFan

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wow, this show has lost all credibility.

Giving the guys that got voted off last night a chance to get back in....why? Viewer backlash? Did the boys complain? Did Brickman realise he ****ed up?

The_Todd07

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 8, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Red Sox 76ers

Giving the guys that got voted off last night a chance to get back in....why? Viewer backlash? Did the boys complain? Did Brickman realise he f’ed up?

A lot of shows like this wheel out the get back in challenge.
Most shows that do it don't start with only 8 teams though

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006

Giving the guys that got voted off last night a chance to get back in....why? Viewer backlash? Did the boys complain? Did Brickman realise he f’ed up?

You know the show was filmed months ago?

If you weren't expecting a twist like this, you aren't paying enough attention. Hamish Blake basically treats this as a piss take of reality tv, of course they're going to throw this kind of stuff in sometimes.

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I agree with all the points above, but I also loved this episode. Nearly two hours of complete nothingness, where the game finishes just as it started, but it was very entertaining. I've found myself not caring about who wins but just marvelling at the builds and the creativity.

It's TV, it's never going to reflect "reality", whatever that is these days.

The fact it seems like they showed a preview of the star wars one with the larger woman running along with a spaceship kind of gave away the result. And the fact Brickman seems to have a soft spot for the female teams (ie tears up when they go home) made me assume that was going to be the result. The game boy was better by a mile and those guys are much better builders so poor decision.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
The ads have already started to give away who is still building in future episodes. That is the one criticism - don't give away the surprise.

Fully agree with the ridiculous decision over Andrew and Damien - you fail on the actual requirement of the build. I know the show is rigged and the best team will ultimately win but it really seems like they aren't making the right decisions at times.

...I know the show is rigged and the best team will ultimately win...

I was about to name a certain other Australian reality series on channel 10 where the "best team DID NOT ultimately win"... Then I noticed your user-name. Freaky!

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
Well the Australian version of the Amazing Race was a joke and has no credibility.

I thought the first season of LM got it right but the top 3 were very strong, so any would have been deserved winners.

Back