Lego Masters

Remove this Banner Ad

Every episode I've asked myself which builds would I buy for myself if they were sets. Suffice to say I'd have run out of money long ago. Great season :thumbsu:

When they made the star wars ships and brickman said the winning one kids everywhere would buy that set if they made it.

I said to my kid no they wouldn't because that set would be $800

That Frankenstein model was unbelievable with the level of detail... Those boys have a gift with the level of hidden and subtle details they could put in their builds..

The best build won but I actually preferred the robot fighting thing. I liked that it was mostly one scene, one build. The mad scientist was a whole village of different scenes together, and personally I didn't like the curved roof of the church to nitpick. However I thought it could have been better, for instance the figures in the stands could have been running away from the mech falling toward them.

The Pirate ship was clearly the weakest, not much detail, and the scale wasn't 100% either. It wasn't bad but it wasn't to the level of the others despite the technical ability.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

The best build won but I actually preferred the robot fighting thing. I liked that it was mostly one scene, one build. The mad scientist was a whole village of different scenes together, and personally I didn't like the curved roof of the church to nitpick. However I thought it could have been better, for instance the figures in the stands could have been running away from the mech falling toward them.

The Pirate ship was clearly the weakest, not much detail, and the scale wasn't 100% either. It wasn't bad but it wasn't to the level of the others despite the technical ability.

Agree with this, if they had the yellow robot destroying some of the stand as he fell and people running from it while the red one did a bit of gladiator "are you not entertained" it would likely have won

Jackson and Alex were deserving winners but any one of those 3 final teams would have been deserving winners, all produced great builds during the season.

This show has been a ratings winner for Ch9 so I imagine it will be back again next year but it will be hard to top this season.

Maybe they could look at doing a Lego Masters All Stars with the best teams from last year and this year.

Congratulations Jackson and Alex - all of the final builds were pretty good, but they deserved the win. A couple of points:

* I know there is 'TV acting' but everyone knows the final build. It is always going to be 'build what you want' so surely they would plan what they would build
* I think Brickman should ultimately decides who wins. Not really a fan of the vote part.
* With the vote, there are plenty of kids so you almost have to build something they would like, rather than what Brickman likes. Hence, I don't agree with the 'fan vote' because ultimately Brickman's view should be the deciding vote. He can't decide the rest of the winners/losers and not have the task of deciding the final winner
* The ship was really just too big - as important as the characters were, they really needed the ship to be the focus
* Jackson and Alex ultimately were better storytellers and had more details. Deserved winners.

The show will be back - agree it needs some more episodes. I loved the bird challenge from last year - build what you can with the pieces ahead of you. Everyone has the same pieces, it is all about your creativity. I actually wanted a few more of those type challenges, rather than just the one big build.

I would love know how they filmed the 28 hours - there had to be breaks through it, but how many and could you get any advantage from having the breaks?

A build would have to get at least 176 of the 250 votes to guarantee being able to overrule Brickman, so that's pretty much an academic distinction. It's really just a TV gimmick. If a build was that good, it would be getting his vote as well.

I agree with the comment about some smaller builds with limited pieces. That would add some variety and test the contestants' skills. Perhaps something like a piece limit challenge or similar.

Echo a few thoughts here. If you were going on the show you would assume final build is free choice, so should have already pre-planned what it would be.

Voting by the public probably has no effect on the outcome, as would be pretty divided, so that 100 votes would be the decider I reckon. Pity not 2 judges like last year.

Winners were the best for the whole season. Consistently high level and some amazing levels of detail in builds.

Pirate ship guys got scale and the characters right, but the boat lacked finesse and detail in the end.

I reckon the 3 finals builds this year were probably better then the 2nd and 3rd place guys from last year. Also reckon an All-Stars show would be a good watch.

Sucks the UFO didn't work but I thought they were clearly the weakest team left so happy they are out... Nice karma edit with them condescendingly mocking Brickman about testing it first as well.

I thought the man in the chicken suit was really well done so no issue with them winning that advantage, they have done really well with the fun cartoonish builds.

No idea who wins, hopefully Jackson and Alex

Yeah, especially as it looked like just a simple adjustment to make the ship move. But they were warned about not testing it beforehand.

I think they were probably going home anyway, even though their build was more integrated than the houses.

Funniest part about the whole UFO thing was it was Brickman's idea to have the thing coming out of the roof in the first place! If they'd just stuck with their original plan and left it static they might have scraped by thanks to the moving demon not coming together for the other team. Thanks Brickman. Dick :p

Having said that, correct winners/decision in the finale.

Agree with this, if they had the yellow robot destroying some of the stand as he fell and people running from it while the red one did a bit of gladiator "are you not entertained" it would likely have won

The better half & I had exactly the same thought. Not only would it have told more story, but it could have also solved part of their problem of having too many mini-figs just sitting in the stand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with the result, it was another good season to watch. Sure it had some questionable decisions at times, but it was good value.

Agree on the thoughts of the yellow mech falling destroying the arena - I also think the yellow mech should have been a different colour, it got lost among all the mini figs.

* I think Brickman should ultimately decides who wins. Not really a fan of the vote part.
* With the vote, there are plenty of kids so you almost have to build something they would like, rather than what Brickman likes. Hence, I don't agree with the 'fan vote' because ultimately Brickman's view should be the deciding vote. He can't decide the rest of the winners/losers and not have the task of deciding the final winner
I think really it pretty much is the deciding vote, with 250 other votes split between 3... there were probably maybe 30-50 votes separating all the teams was my guess after the public vote... as they all were pretty impressive in their own way.
Brickman with 100 votes really was the decider no matter what happened

So if it was filmed over four days that means they had to wear the same clothes?

Yeh, discussed that in our household. Quick wash and dry. And over 4 days you can see how they would get opportunity to discuss where to go next with builds/plan etc.

Yeh, discussed that in our household. Quick wash and dry. And over 4 days you can see how they would get opportunity to discuss where to go next with builds/plan etc.
The long haired guys were sweating a bit in their black clothes, still sounds unpleasant.

New season started yesterday. Missed most of yesterday's episode and haven't had a chance to catch up with it yet. Did see Jordy and his broom.

Bowling ball destroying a castle is the theme for today's episode. Reckon at least one of the pairs has missed the brief so far.

First episode was great, just watched it tonight with the kids (we tape it and watch it the next day to avoid the ads)

It's just a simple, fun and wholesome show. No BS back stabbing and sniping. Everyone is positive and looks like they're having a blast.

Some excellent builds in the first lot and some "meh" ones. I didn't 100% agree with the winner. Thought the boys had a better "story" but the girls certainly had a good "gag"

I didn't see all of it but I thought the idea of the ramp to send the bowling bowl up flying through the tower was actually brilliant.

I didn't see all of it but I thought the idea of the ramp to send the bowling bowl up flying through the tower was actually brilliant.

Yeah the ramp made it so different from everyone elses and worked really well. Those two are my favorites so far and seem they would build things i would like (bit like the winners last year)

Thought theirs was the best the first night with the spaceship. Good show and the kids love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back