Leicester City - 1 Time Champion of England

Remove this Banner Ad

Yay! Our own little club topic, it's about time this happened. Even if the club is a bit small.
How did Kram go?

Honesty? Not well. Then again, if you're a striker and your midfield isn't delivering anything to you, what can you do? (Become David Nugent and Link Up Play, give opportunities to Ulloa.)

He was at fault for the first 'goal.' Communication problem. He's still getting used to his teammates. That said, I don't think he should've started. He's got some similar tools to Nugent from what I've seen, but to use that skill set against Man Utd was a big ask. Should've come on once the players were getting tired.

Then again, big ask to go from Croatian Football to English Football and face Man United. He's still adapting as it is.

That said, expect him to be more loose and ready to go against Palace. Hopefully he'll finally get his big chance to score.

Last edited:

That’s right, and he’ll have to adapt fast with the games coming up afterwards. Breaking the ice against Palace will provide him with some confidence, and we all know what confidence can do to a striker, especially one that is adapting to a tougher game.

That said, for him to get that goal, we need to sort the midfield out. Now with Mahrez back, competition for wing positions is going to be strong. James is also back from suspension, which means we should have a full choice of midfielders to choose from.

I’m thinking we should go Albrighton and Schlupp for the wings with James for that drive forward and Hammond in the middle for that extra bit of physicality against their midfield. Cambiasso is needed for the bigger games. If worst comes to worse, we can bring him on.

What I’m thinking:

Hamer (Just a thought, who the heck is our number 1 if all three are fit?)

Simpson
Morgan
Wasyl
De Laet (Konch may be more natural, but De Laet fills me with more confidence here)

Albrighton
Hammond
James
Schlupp

Nugent (Behind Kramaric, doing linkup)
Kramaric (Chance to get the first goal, should easily handle Palace's defence.

Cambiasso, Mahrez, and Ulloa would ideally be the subs that would be coming on in my opinion. Vardy was bought back down to earth. I have the suspect feeling Pearson might use him to use his pace against them, but we'll see how the game pans out. Vardy could get a cheapie for confidence's sake? I wouldn't have him on unless we're two up. Upson could see some game time if we're up. I don't know what to do with Knockhart though.

Of course, none of this assumes any other transfers coming tomorrow. (Do note that even if Huth does come, he still has a suspension to serve.)

As a note: Jedivak is back for them, but Bolaise is still playing for DRC. No matter what happens in that game, he will be out due to the 3rd place match as well. Also, they have that mad bugger Sanogo on loan. If he plays anything like that Arsenal game, it should be quite funny.

Great result for our young blokes this morning

Ah yes, the PLIC game for the U21s! I saw the updates for that match while looking for any transfers. From what I can see, it seems our international strikers (Panayiotou, and Stankevicius) had pretty good games. A very good result to come from 2-0 to win 3-2 (Well freakin’ duh.)

Pearson Junior captained the side, and from what I’ve seen of him, he’s done alright in his appearances. Do remember if anything were to happen to our full backs, he’s next.

As I think you can tell with that picture there, Choudary played in that game. He’s 16 and that was his first game for the U21s if I recall correctly. He only played for a half, but gee whiz, tell you what, could be seeing him real soon if he continues his development.

As for the competition they are in, the Premier League International Cup. It is an EPL sanctioned youth league (with no recognition from UEFA) for the 8 best U21 teams (With the exception of Liverpool and Man Utd) to play against some of the U21 teams of other nations. You’ve got Porto, Bilbao (Who aside from Real and Barca, are the only team to never get relegated, despite consisting of Basque players only), PSV, Borussia, Benfica, Schalke, Celtic, Villarreal... which is pretty respectable.

So far, Tom Hopper has been one of us players. He was unable to play, seeing how he’s playing for Scunny, where’s he has 4 goals from 4. I’m not certain with him. To think that he was contending for a striker position for a while this season…

Thanks to win over Man City, Leicester have topped group C. We will play one of Everton, Sunderland, or Villarreal in this cup.

I think the U21s are playing in three comps this season: U21 Premier League (8th out of 12th), U21 Cup (We're still in it), and this competition.

I wonder who would be the next Liam Moore out of that lot? Surely it wouldn’t be Choudary? There are a few players that I do like from the U21s, but I get the feeling none of them will be able to show what they are capable of until we save ourselves from relegation. Unfortunate, but hopefully they'll be getting the experiance from another source before they get ready to step up. I mean, if Southampton can do it...

Sad but still good for us

Wow, we have almost doubled our experience! Though one little problem: By my calculations... Konchesky's played about 330 games in the Premier League... (and we know what he's like. Not a shot at Huth, just more the Konch.)

I think it just goes to show how lacking we are in Premier League experience. I bet even Burnley has more experience in the top tier (I wonder if there are any players still there from their last time up?)

Our U18's won their FA cup tie against Southampton 2-0.

Saw some of that, pretty much were on top as Southampton faded away. Choudary was brill, Chilwell recovered from the U21 game against City (He was at fault forboth of their goals), and Ndwuku looked very promising. Keenan King did alright too.

I’ll say it again, we’ve definitely got some excellent youth prospects. Give them a few more years, and we could become the next Southampton!

The U18s move on to the quarters, where they will take on Brimingham, where if we win, will take on either Man City, Arsenal or Crewe.

Oh, if you’re interested in seeing the match for yourself:

Southampton have the matches for viewing (Why can’t we get that?)

Here are the highlights of the Man City U21 game:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw some of that, pretty much were on top as Southampton faded away. Choudary was brill, Chilwell recovered from the U21 game against City (He was at fault forboth of their goals), and Ndwuku looked very promising. Keenan King did alright too.

I’ll say it again, we’ve definitely got some excellent youth prospects. Give them a few more years, and we could become the next Southampton!

The U18s move on to the quarters, where they will take on Brimingham, where if we win, will take on either Man City, Arsenal or Crewe.

Oh, if you’re interested in seeing the match for yourself:

Southampton have the matches for viewing (Why can’t we get that?)

Here are the highlights of the Man City U21 game:

That's awesome! Where'd you see some of it? Can't wait to watch that later tonight!

That's awesome! Where'd you see some of it? Can't wait to watch that later tonight!

Up in my post, the Southampton vid. Match starts 28 mins into the video. I was able to watch it live in before I had to leave for work. So I saw most of the first half, at least until the 2nd goal.

If you want to find a certain highlight, just combine with the Leicester twitter https://twitter.com/officialfoxes
37:12 for the first goal (36:22 for the build up, yeah, it hit the post, but that was a well taken free kick and set up, would've made a nice goal.)
1:03:17 for the second.
2nd Half starts at 1:35:30.

Otherwise, have some fun with that! After that first post hit, we controlled the game from there. Think the posts denied more goals than the Saints keeper, lol. Pretty good result in dour conditions.

But yeah, they have a pre-match, biased commentators (As can be expected), decent footage, feels a bit VFL if you know what I mean. Have to admit, it's some good presentation (Then again, with their academy, you can see the effort of promoting tomorrow's heroes, lol) best of all, it's free for all to view!

Up in my post, the Southampton vid. Match starts 28 mins into the video. I was able to watch it live in before I had to leave for work. So I saw most of the first half, at least until the 2nd goal.

If you want to find a certain highlight, just combine with the Leicester twitter https://twitter.com/officialfoxes
37:12 for the first goal (36:22 for the build up, yeah, it hit the post, but that was a well taken free kick and set up, would've made a nice goal.)
1:03:17 for the second.
2nd Half starts at 1:35:30.

Otherwise, have some fun with that! After that first post hit, we controlled the game from there. Think the posts denied more goals than the Saints keeper, lol. Pretty good result in dour conditions.

But yeah, they have a pre-match, biased commentators (As can be expected), decent footage, feels a bit VFL if you know what I mean. Have to admit, it's some good presentation (Then again, with their academy, you can see the effort of promoting tomorrow's heroes, lol) best of all, it's free for all to view!
Mate, I'm so ******* glad you came on here! I cannot wait to watch that later tonight haha.

Wish we broadcasted it but I can live with the Southampton commentary ;)

why would they wait for the transfer window to close and sack him a week after you've bought 'his' players? Wonder if Arry makes a miraculous recovery
That's the big question. Needed to happen in December or not at all.

Doubt Redknapp even gets looked at. MON and Laudrup two of the favs. Would love Laudrup but don't see him going to a club about to get relegated.

Eh? Nothing on the official pages? Reports saying that he hasn't been sacked. Sky is changing their tune.

Then again, if there was an opportunity to use an excuse for it, the McArthur situation would've provided it, but it would be utterly baffling if they have done it now and not let him see the season out. I still think it's the wrong decision, especially if you look at the talent pool. The players won't be happy, that's for sure!

Albrighton's missus is loving it. Though she just deleted her tweet just now.

But no, until the club have made it official, I think this one is a non-starter.

True, 9 from 19 games is sackable form, but if there was a case to do it, it would've been in that streak of games prior to Hull (After F off and die.) But let's not forget that even despite all that, we're not exactly cut adrift from the bottom. West Brom is still 2 games away, and they're 14th! Anything can happen. Still plenty of games left yet.

The Thais are excellent business people. They are seeing things that we as fans may not necessarily see when it comes to their decision making. After all, imagine what would've happened if we sacked him after Barnsley two seasons ago?

Good news is that he still has the backing of the players. If he doesn't get sacked, can you imagine what this little incident will do to the players? If you love your gaffer, lads, pull your finger out, and start clawing some points back. This is your final warning.

Oh, just heard that the club is taking legal action. Rob Dorsett, you dun goofed.

Exactly. Actually putting your hand around someone's neck is not on.

Out of curiosity, what were your thoughts to 'F Off and Die' at the time? Out of order, or a manager having 'pashun?' (When he had been accused of not having any of it?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back