Leicester City - Will They Be Relegated and Should Their Fans Care?

Remove this Banner Ad

No I don't think they'll be relegated but yes to the fact the fans should be concerned, annoyed, angry, frustrated etc.

Yes they won the league, and yes it was a memorable one, coming from nowhere, but their fans will have what's happening "now" on their mind. Why not build tom last season? If they do get relegated, they'll lose some handy players and have to fight their way back up, there's no guarantee they'll bounce straight back into the PL.

Yeah they really should. Let's say they sell 8-10 players at on average 10m each, 80-100m there. Parachute payments, is that 30m? Players wages drop 40% for those they don't sell. No reason they couldn't assemble a very good squad for 60-80m and keep money aside for when they go back up

30m over three years, so that'd cover maybe a fraction of the wage bill.

We had to take out a 20m loan to fund our promotion push, and that was on the back of about 30m of player sales.

No I don't think they'll be relegated but yes to the fact the fans should be concerned, annoyed, angry, frustrated etc.

Yes they won the league, and yes it was a memorable one, coming from nowhere, but their fans will have what's happening "now" on their mind. Why not build tom last season? If they do get relegated, they'll lose some handy players and have to fight their way back up, there's no guarantee they'll bounce straight back into the PL.

What do you see in them at the moment that makes you think they'll stay up?

30m over three years, so that'd cover maybe a fraction of the wage bill.

We had to take out a 20m loan to fund our promotion push, and that was on the back of about 30m of player sales.
But the wage bill will be less than 60% what it is this season. All players drop 40% + those sold will be replaced by cheaper wages.

Also doubt the Thais or whatever they are would mind operating a loss based on wages for a season if it meant they dominate the Champ like Newcastle are

But the wage bill will be less than 60% what it is this season. All players drop 40% + those sold will be replaced by cheaper wages.

Also doubt the Thais or whatever they are would mind operating a loss based on wages for a season if it meant they dominate the Champ like Newcastle are

That wage bill at 60% of what it was this season would still be far, far in excess of what ours was.

Just pointing out that parachute payments are a literal drop in the ocean.

Can't operate at much of a loss without running into FFP issues.

Rafa and Newcastle have built a blueprint for how "bigger" sides should handle relegation. Would be stupid not to approach it the way they have

Rafa and Newcastle have built a blueprint for how "bigger" sides should handle relegation. Would be stupid not to approach it the way they have

You mean the exact same way Villa have handled it?

QPR tried the same way too.

That wage bill at 60% of what it was this season would still be far, far in excess of what ours was.

Just pointing out that parachute payments are a literal drop in the ocean.

Can't operate at much of a loss without running into FFP issues.
FFP is for a period of time isn't it? A one year loss wouldn't be catastrophic when it's two years after CL and PL revenues

You mean the exact same way Villa have handled it?

QPR tried the same way too.
QPR completely ****ed up their targets. Newcastle kept their best younger players and added low end PL talent and have found it easy. Not sure what villa did exactly but I remember looking at Newcastle and thinking they're actually stronger looking this season than last. Maybe villa did the same but they were that far back being really s**t that it hasn't come off for them

QPR completely ****** up their targets. Newcastle kept their best younger players and added low end PL talent and have found it easy. Not sure what villa did exactly but I remember looking at Newcastle and thinking they're actually stronger looking this season than last. Maybe villa did the same but they were that far back being really s**t that it hasn't come off for them
Villa have thrown money at it and ****ed up their manager choice.

Not many championship clubs will have someone like Benitez or their stadium to attract players.

Villa have thrown money at it and ****** up their manager choice.

Not many championship clubs will have someone like Benitez or their stadium to attract players.
Not selling short Rafa but the stadium thing is a stretch. Also Diame aside the rest of Newcastles summer signings arent of the profile that's too large for a Leicester

Not selling short Rafa but the stadium thing is a stretch. Also Diame aside the rest of Newcastles summer signings arent of the profile that's too large for a Leicester
60,000 seat stadium CL winning manager not attractive to good championship players? Come off it mate.

Should he though? Incredibly harsh after last season, and lets the tail wag the dog. The players have completely downed tools.
well the problem with that is you can't sack all the players.

i think he quits regardless. can you seem him going round again having gone from bottom, to top, to bottom? what's the point?

very similar to the amor situation here. i wouldn't be surprised if he wouldnt have it in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

60,000 seat stadium CL winning manager not attractive to good championship players? Come off it mate.
Not saying that. What I'm saying is it didn't have an impact on who they did sign in the summer.

Guys like Dwight Gayle and Matt Ritchie aren't too big a name to sign for Leicester is what I meant.

Not saying that. What I'm saying is it didn't have an impact on who they did sign in the summer.

Guys like Dwight Gayle and Matt Ritchie aren't too big a name to sign for Leicester is what I meant.

Gayle very specifically turned down several C'ship clubs because he didn't want to play in the league again. Diame turned down a PL campaign for us weeks after saying "The PL is where I belong" because Newcastle came knocking.

Players signed for them because of the size of the club, the manager, and the fact it was very likely only going to mean one year in the division.

Gayle very specifically turned down several C'ship clubs because he didn't want to play in the league again. Diame turned down a PL campaign for us weeks after saying "The PL is where I belong" because Newcastle came knocking.

Players signed for them because of the size of the club, the manager, and the fact it was very likely only going to mean one year in the division.
I'm not comparing Newcastle to other champ clubs. I'm comparing them to Leicester's pulling power if they went down. The same sort of players will say/do the same sort of things in the summer only signing for a big club (in comparison to the rest of the league) like Leicester. 32k seat stadium, financially backed, still a strong squad etc. I dont think they'll have a problem signing PL outcasts & cherry picking (pardon the pun) from the smallest EPL sides

OK, OK, well, this is a big one. So allow me to address any concerns.

What 100volt1 had said. All of our players have relegation release clauses (thanks to one Mr Rudkin) and let's face it, at the face of it all, we're not an a Top 6 club, and it can take one bad season to dump you out.

OK, you pretty have heard many of the things that I have said about the situation. I do have some more, and it has been evident over the last month, we are no longer doing the same work that we had done once before.

Remember Hernandez, the long thrower on the right side of the pitch? Sold after 6 months, without even being tried in his favoured position. From what I saw, he was decent at RB, but I felt that if given a little time, he would do a better job in CB. Yet off he goes. How about Kapustka? Talented as heck 19 year old and regular for the Polish team? Apparently not only not ready for the Premier League, but even struggles to get into the U23 starting XI. What about Benaloaue? Mad as a hatter, but the passion is there. He looked decent in the very few times he came on, and yet at the start of the season, wasn't even allocated a shirt number, which was a good sign that the writing was on the wall.

These guys were not on frees, we paid good money for them. Yet, in the current situation, they are still not sighted... they have been written off without even making it onto the pitch... and the question you have to ask yourself is... how could they possibly do any worse than the regulars out there? My answer, after seeing them: They're not. They're hungry and want in the team. Yet, we persist. (I'm going to connect this later on.)

Now, you have heard me complain that well, Wasyl's about goneski, Benny seems the same, surely we're going to get more CBs in the window, right? Nope, we sold Hernandez after 6 months, and we got Mali international Wague at the club on loan... guess what?! Apparently, the club deem him to be ill-prepared to play PL football... yes, we just got in a loanee CB, just to rot in the reserves of a relegation fighting team... You know what's even better? The Club announced his signing as 'bolstering the squad...' even they thought he wouldn't make it. Better yet? Benaloaue is suddenly 'ready' for the PL and has been handed a shirt number and registration. Nothing wrong with Benny (let me get back to that), but that situation all round... you'd be laughing if you weren't crying... because we did virtually nothing to do anything to strengthen our back line, and actually went backwards.

In fact, we are writing off our new players before they even come to the club. We are never going to see Wague in a Leicester shirt on the pitch, it's just not going to happen.

I mean, there's so many things wrong with that, like for example, why the hell are we paying money for players we're never going to use? What was the point? Why the hell did we get rid of Hernandez without trying him at CB, he surely couldn't do any worse than Huth and Morgan?

But the worst thing about it all?! Not only have they been half decent in their performances, but I'd actually we'd be better off with them in the team.

Against Derby's reserves, I saw a team that had far more fight in them. There were no hoofballs, they actually played it on the ground and made opportunities happen. They actually looked ready for it. Yes, it was against Derby's reserves, but my god, they could actually play a forward pass for once. Something that we have been crying out for!

Benny and Wasyl impressed, Chilwell and Grey showed their fine form... how were they rewarded? Grey started, but the others? Pfft! Same old team, same old tactics... and guess what? Same old result!

I actually think that at this present moment, we're better off playing the 2nd XI, because they will do better, but I'm wondering for how long, because its quite clear that Ranieri is not going to reward these performances. Huth and Morgan are going to still be there, and if they still are, we are going down. Soon enough, even the reserves won't bother, and by then, game over.

You can see the frustration on the players faces. Look at Grey, he has been selfish as all heck, and there is a lot of frustration from the kid. While some of it is unforgivable, I emphasise with him. This team just isn't trying any more. Not only due to fat paychecks, but because their spots are virtually secure. No one is going to budge them, and therefore, there's no hunger, and without that hunger, the performances suck.

Also... we must obviously be on something... how do we explain the performances. Oh, we were high alright, high on a thing called team spirit. See the pictures of last year, that was a team full of confidence in each other and themselves, an extremely happy working environment. Just look at the Fuchs videos, just look at some of the tunnel cam videos. It is extremely evident. Against Swansea, I just saw Vardy and Morgan give each other the cold shoulder at the end of the game... there is no team spirit, there is no positivity, there is no belief. Our overall strongest asset has been crushed into a plup, it's as if these guys have never played with each other before, and it is clear in the way they play.

So at this present moment, if nothing changes over the next couple of weeks, we might just be looking at the virtual killing of our club's time in the league. No player will give their efforts under the current circumstances, first XI or reserve. Because nothing will change. For our sake, we need a great performance against Milwall with our 2nd XI, and maybe, just maybe, try to come out of Seville with an ounce of dignity (we're actually could break a record here with our mediocrity.)

To sum up how badly the fans think of Ranieri, they actually have made calls for him to give his medal to Pearson, and some even want him back at the club for a third stint. Just remember that this is the guy that bought history to the club, and yet, we're in a position to say we like Pearson a ton better.

Kizza (Seriously, can't get used to Magma, just like I can't see Chef other than Roman) nailed it... this isn't a bad season. 11th-12th would be a bad season for us. This is a crisis. We're actually talking about a full club rebuild, just after winning the title. Please note that we're seeing 10 of the 11, with even better replacements (Musa is the Vardy successor, Slimani is the tall striker we've dreamed of) and yet, we have completely flipped it around. I can safely say that even with Kante, we will still struggle, because well... we're using the exact same tactics, and we're not making any progress to develop or learn new ones. When the manager changes his tactics every week, that's a very good sign that he has no clue as to what he's doing.

The fans have every right to be beyond furious with this, because even without relegation, we have thrown away THE opportunity of the a life time to leave a lasting legacy. You're never ever going to be given the chance to take home a title and build upon, yet here we are, and we've torn it up to shreds.

I have every confidence we will bounce back and win title number 8 to be the all time Tier 2 champion, because our owners will ensure that quality is given to the club. They will learn from this, they always have. Because the last thing I want us to be is Derby, Nottingham, or even Blackburn, with their own fans actually claiming they would give up the title if it meant they were PL regulars again. We're not going to end up like that, or at least I'm sure we're not, but have blown it big time.

What we need now is to win against Milwall, and somehow get out alive against Sevilla, and maybe, just maybe, develop a tactic that will see us survive, because at this very moment, we're the worst team in the PL... something that should never be said about the Champions.

We're also going give the term 'Doing a Leicester' a brand new meaning, though I think it should be 'Doing a City' in honour of their 37-38 season (and well, we're a City too.) Yes, we're going to ruin everything, it's bad enough that my memories of last year are being tarnished with this crap.

Foxes Never Quit? Show me proof of that for the rest of this season.

They need an experienced british manager like arry who'll help them dig in blud.

in all seriousness, I'd grab Demarai Gray ahead of Mahrez. Kid is the truth fam.

City and Pool should be going after Schmeichel to replace their shittruck keepers.

They need an experienced british manager like arry who'll help them dig in blud.

in all seriousness, I'd grab Demarai Gray ahead of Mahrez. Kid is the truth fam.

City and Pool should be going after Schmeichel to replace their shittruck keepers.
funny thing is despite trying to sound like merson and the goon knobs the first two points are probably true

How the f**k Vardy, Mahrez, Huth, Morgan managed to slot straight into the squad again is beyond me.

The side against Derby, while not incredible, did a lot better than what we've done since December.

Frustrating from the back room staff.

Fact: as the half-time whistle goes Ranieri DOES NOT exchange any words with Craig Shakespeare (assistant manager) like they used to. Something is completely wrong and Ranieri could very well be the common denominator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back