Leigh Colbert

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats2001!

Team Captain
Mar 12, 2001
Melbourne, Vic
I dont want to start up a fued between us, but this is a simple friendly message to ask you roos supporters how you think Colbert has gone since joining you in 2000. I dont hink he has done much, in face, with the draft picks we got out of him, I think we have done better.
So what is your opinion on him? Do you think the things he did was selfish? What do you think of his contirbution to the team?

I can't reply on him being Selfish as I don't know the full story why he left (besides wanting to play in a Premiership Team).

Personally, I've yet to see any good come out of him. I'll give him til the end of this year to see if he can show us what he is made of.

------------------
Out we come, Out we come, Out we come to play...

Get over it Cat fans. He left you over two years ago, and yet, the whole lot of you still can't stop bagging him and fishing for negative comments about him from North fans.

We didn't hear a peep out of you when Colbert did well for us in the pre-season competition. Nor did we hear anything out of you when he was probably one of our better players against Essendon. Now he's had one dirty game against Brisbane, you're out here inviting us to bag him.

Lastly, I said it on the main board and I'll say it here. Apart from JubJub, the Geelong fans haven't been around on these boards. Now after two wins, you're out of the woodwork. Remember 1999 and I bet you guys will disappear by about round 10.

Oh, by the way, I think you haven't done any better getting Cameron Mooney (Mr-I-didn't-get-one-touch-in-the-1999-Grand-Final)!!!

------------------
Out we come, Out we come, Out we come to play...

I am quite happy with the deal... Pagan always said it would take him a season to recover from the pathetic knee reco Geelong let happen to him...

Imagine taking muscle from your hamstring to repair a knee... who is that doctor from the Simpsons... where does he live... Geelong...

Look if Geelong want to offer there Captain a performance based contract... they get what they deserve... stop the crying... we all know he will be great... and this is just going to come back to haunt you....

so to answer your question... At the moment very happy and looking forward to being even happier...

[This message has been edited by Rooboy 96 (edited 10 April 2001).]

Originally posted by Rooboy 96:
I am quite happy with the deal... Pagan always said it would take him a season to recover from the pathetic knee reco Geelong let happen to him...

]

ROOBOY
Take your head out of your arse before you make stupid comments [I know you'll find it hard
rolleyes.gif
]How the hell can Geelong be blamed for causing his knee injury ?
It happened at a pissy suburan Brisbane ground.

------------------
"FIGHTING WITH ALL OUR MIGHT"

Originally posted by Shinboners:

Lastly, I said it on the main board and I'll say it here. Apart from JubJub, the Geelong fans haven't been around on these boards. Now after two wins, you're out of the woodwork.

SHINBONERS
There are 3 other Geelong supporters that post on BIG FOOTY a fair bit -AGENT 86,GOCATSGO,RICKSTER.

We don't count G4E because he's really a Carlton supporter.

------------------

Originally posted by JUBJUB:
ROOBOY
Take your head out of your arse before you make stupid comments [I know you'll find it hard
rolleyes.gif
]How the hell can Geelong be blamed for causing his knee injury ?
It happened at a pissy suburan Brisbane ground.

JubJub... at no time did I blame Geelong for his knee injury... what I did say was the quak they let loose on him was a twerp... and should have known the last place you take macle from in an athlete is his hamstring... mmmmmm wonder why Colbert had hamstring problems last year... mmmmmmmm I'm not sure.... mabe it had something to do with some w***er striping his hamstrings... nah just coincidence....

I dont know where you get the crap Sinboners, but get over it. I have not just 'come out of the woodwork' - I only found out about bigfooty a few months ago - its just a coincidence that the caters are doing well now. And about Colby - I'm never quiet about him - even when he is playing well. I'm always paying him out. Its not just when he has a bad game against brisbane...
Thats enough - I dont want to start a fued. I say, wholeheartetly, good luck for the rest of the season.

Sure, sure Cats2001...funny how after 2 wins you decide to search the web and lo and behold, you find a footy site where you can go and write about the Cats. I bet if Geelong were 0-2 you wouldn't have gone out looking for footy websites.

Still, my point stands....TWO WHOLE YEARS since Colbert left you and Cat fans are still obsessed by him. GET OVER IT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The month is by the by. The point is that Cat fans are still obsessed by Colbert. It's like you've found love, lost it, and have never gotten over it. The evidence is presented as follow:

1. Your first post on the North boards is about Colbert.

2. JubJub can barely let a week go without posting another joke about Colbert (JubJub seems to spend more time on the North boards than the Geelong one....he really should follow Sandie's lead and buy a North membership....if he doesn't, I may just take out a policy of deleting his posts
wink.gif
)

3. GoCatsGo can barely make a post about the footy without somehow slipping in a mention of Colbert and North Melbourne.

4. My best friend can barely watch a North game without having a whinge about Colbert.

5. My best friend's dad can barely contain his rage whenever Colbert is mentioned.

6. Every other Geelong fan I've come across in the last two years have never failed to mention Colbert in any footy conversation.

Why can't you Geelong fans just get on with life and GET OVER IT????? IT's just so pathetic to see......where's your pride? Where's your ability to forget and just move on with the team you've now got (a pretty fair side as well)? Why not move on and chat about what's happening now rather than keep on going with your sad obsession over Leigh Colbert??????

Geelong fans longing for Leigh Colbert....it's like...

Paula Yates longing for Michael Hutchence,
Monica Lewinsky longing for Bill Clinton,
Jerry Hall longing for Mick Jagger,
Kate Moss longing for Johnny Depp,
Geelong fans longing for a half decent performance from their team on Grand Final day,

Feel free to add to the list Roo fans....

i know as a hawthorn supporter i have no place in this conversation, but i just thought i would let you all know, if you dont already, that in todays herald sun (wednesday) the topic of this conversation has a double page spread on him in the centre. On of those topless things they have happening

Originally posted by windyhill:
Geelong,should and are laughing with this deal,they are well ahead,bad luck captain heartless.I would almost get as much pleasure from a cat flag than an Essendon one purely because of the colbert factor,gutless

and if Colbert went to Essendon? (every club - that includes yours - in the country fell over themselves to grab him!!)

Geelong has done okay out of the Colbert deal but it is still too early to see who the real winner is - it would probably save alot of Geelong fans many dollars at their psychotherapists if they just got over it. However, I understand some therapists are offering pretty good Barnes/Colbert packages.

Originally posted by Shinboners:
The month is by the by. The point is that Cat fans are still obsessed by Colbert. It's like you've found love, lost it, and have never gotten over it. The evidence is presented as follow:

1. Your first post on the North boards is about Colbert.

2. JubJub can barely let a week go without posting another joke about Colbert (JubJub seems to spend more time on the North boards than the Geelong one....he really should follow Sandie's lead and buy a North membership....if he doesn't, I may just take out a policy of deleting his posts
wink.gif
)

3. GoCatsGo can barely make a post about the footy without somehow slipping in a mention of Colbert and North Melbourne.

4. My best friend can barely watch a North game without having a whinge about Colbert.

5. My best friend's dad can barely contain his rage whenever Colbert is mentioned.

6. Every other Geelong fan I've come across in the last two years have never failed to mention Colbert in any footy conversation.

Why can't you Geelong fans just get on with life and GET OVER IT????? IT's just so pathetic to see......where's your pride? Where's your ability to forget and just move on with the team you've now got (a pretty fair side as well)? Why not move on and chat about what's happening now rather than keep on going with your sad obsession over Leigh Colbert??????

Just to rip off you're post Shinners - the Cats have won two games so far and absolute zip on their own board about either one of them - too busy sooking about Colbert is my guess!!

Cheers

Gonzo

Certainly Geelong can laugh about about this one.

Not only did we lose on the draft deal, we are paying a hack $375,000 per year.

This means we can`t fit another player into our list.

Do they want him back?

Originally posted by Gonzo:
and if Colbert went to Essendon? (every club - that includes yours - in the country fell over themselves to grab him!!)

Exactly Gonzo...So piss off Windyhillbilly and go play pat-a-cake with Pretty boy
and Turdy.
biggrin.gif

Colbert is about to produce the goods!

Originally posted by creator:
Certainly Geelong can laugh about about this one.

Not only did we lose on the draft deal, we are paying a hack $375,000 per year.

This means we can`t fit another player into our list.

Do they want him back?

Give Colbert this season to prove himself before sticking the knives in. He had a knee reconstruction and most players don't get back to their best until the 2nd season after the operation. He can't be that much of a dud if every other club wanted him (surely every AFL coach and every AFL recruiter can't be wrong?), and if he's that bad a player, why are the Cat fans still sooking over him leaving and hell bent on trying to prove that they got the better end of the deal????? And has been that bad for us anyway? He did well in the pre-season and a few thought he was one of our better players against Essendon.

One last point, we've got all these tossers coming on here and having a go at one of our players. The least you could do is stick up for him.

Originally posted by Gonzo:
Just to rip off you're post Shinners - the Cats have won two games so far and absolute zip on their own board about either one of them - too busy sooking about Colbert is my guess!!

Cheers

Gonzo

Gonzo,you goose.
We don't post much on the Geelong section of BIG FOOTY because we use our own Messageboard.

------------------

Remove this Banner Ad

Back