Leigh Montagna - Opposition Analyst

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tayl0r

AFL Club
Fremantle
Moderator #12
This is just another example of Ross Lyon hurting St Kilda.

First he succeeds too much over a period so their recruiters can't draft good enough players, then he isn't offered the chance to start talking about a new deal so he explores his options, then the side needs a rebuild for ten years after he left and now the talent that was on the list is going to work for him!

AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure I’m loving him keeping media interests ongoing. Two task masters, one in Melbourne (Foxtel) and one in Perth (Freo) might be a conflict of time effort.

Unique Name

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure I’m loving him keeping media interests ongoing. Two task masters, one in Melbourne (Foxtel) and one in Perth (Freo) might be a conflict of time effort.
I can't see him coming to Perth much at all. Enough games in Melbourne every week to keep him busy and I would imagine a phone call/email would suffice in passing along his information. Hopefully the media gig gives him a bit more access to other clubs.

Nodgey

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SDFC, Liverpool, Scorchers
I'm convinced that most, of not all, of these analysts in the media (Kingy, Dal, Leigh et al) are merely on-air presenters and there's a raft of other analysts off air that do all the hard yards actually watching and re-watching games.

I guess Leigh will have access to the thoughts and views of everyone else at Fox which may or may not be a good thing.

Tayl0r

AFL Club
Fremantle
Moderator #22
I'm convinced that most, of not all, of these analysts in the media (Kingy, Dal, Leigh et al) are merely on-air presenters and there's a raft of other analysts off air that do all the hard yards actually watching and re-watching games.

I guess Leigh will have access to the thoughts and views of everyone else at Fox which may or may not be a good thing.
The paper in their hands is the script of talking points, the public respond better when they hear a former player or coach say something. That's why the women are usually hosting with a couple of players being fed a talking point.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I can't see him coming to Perth much at all. Enough games in Melbourne every week to keep him busy and I would imagine a phone call/email would suffice in passing along his information. Hopefully the media gig gives him a bit more access to other clubs.
Yeah they aren't looking for someone who will be Perth based. That's the point. Just see how he performs. In my ideal world this kind of position goes to a developing/emerging coach rather than a commentator. Not sure what direction Montagna will go in. Has he done any coaching training?

basashi

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
FFC Quay Club
Is he really that smart? Between him and Milney they couldn't work out what #Metoo meant.

Top Bottom