Draft Watcher LemmingMaster 2018 Rankings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Kieran Briggs in your top 50? Oversight or you don’t rate him? I am sure the club and supporters would be happy if he went out of the top 50
The only other academy prospect possible to go in the top 50 would be Matthew Walker a mid sized prospect playing some TAC cup with the Bushrangers if you had seen him play?
Briggs will get a second round bid, best pure ruck in the draft.
Walker I rate top 50 but am starting to think more and more he'll slip out to 55 - rookie range as he isnt highly rated on consensus

No Kieran Briggs in your top 50? Oversight or you don’t rate him? I am sure the club and supporters would be happy if he went out of the top 50
The only other academy prospect possible to go in the top 50 would be Matthew Walker a mid sized prospect playing some TAC cup with the Bushrangers if you had seen him play?

Briggs - I like what he has to offer for a ruck but my main issue is the fact he is a ruckman. I am not sold on spending top line draft picks on them to be honest. I would prefer to allow another club to spend 4+ years developing him and then if I like his ability, I will then throw money at him. Happens year in year out stealing viable rucks. There are a few rucks which just demand to be selected but anything passed pick 35 would be okay. Unless they have insane mobility or dual positioned and can play forward.

Walker - I have not seen for a year so it is best to get someone with knowledge on him to talk. (pie, DPS and crew are best) Hard to get vision living in WA at times. If a name really pops up later in the year that I have not seen, then I often track down the vision.

Briggs - I like what he has to offer for a ruck but my main issue is the fact he is a ruckman. I am not sold on spending top line draft picks on them to be honest. I would prefer to allow another club to spend 4+ years developing him and then if I like his ability, I will then throw money at him. Happens year in year out stealing viable rucks. There are a few rucks which just demand to be selected but anything passed pick 35 would be okay. Unless they have insane mobility or dual positioned and can play forward.

Walker - I have not seen for a year so it is best to get someone with knowledge on him to talk. (pie, DPS and crew are best) Hard to get vision living in WA at times. If a name really pops up later in the year that I have not seen, then I often track down the vision.

Thanks for the response, thought you would be vic based and appreciate all the hours you put in with this

"He should be struggling the most compared to them"

Why should Rozee be struggling more than Lukosius for one?

I admit I was reading between the lines and you were suggestion that Rozee was slighter in frame.

Inside midfielder and tall forward would be two of the hard positions to play as a young player at SANFL level.
Yeah i was trying to wrap up Rozee more so than putting down those players, it wouldnt be unfair to suggest that many wouldnt have expected Rozee to perform as well as players like Lukosuis and Rankine who are in the mix for pick 1.

Yeah i was trying to wrap up Rozee more so than putting down those players, it wouldnt be unfair to suggest that many wouldnt have expected Rozee to perform as well as players like Lukosuis and Rankine who are in the mix for pick 1.

I can see all 4 of the S/A lads in Lukosius, Rozee, Rankine & Hateley going inside the Top 10....I doubt any of them will still be there on the table after pick 12.

Is Rozee playing more as a midfielder or as a forward? How would you rate his capabilities in those two areas?

He is playing forward, most of his midfield form is based off his bottom age year for North Adelaide and his form a year before. He can play there and plays that inside/outside role well.
He sounds perfect for Fremantle, however at pick 5(6) we may have some higher "rated" options. Quite likely one of the King bros, which I hope we do not take, but potentially Rankine or Smith. The others I am quite interested in include Thomas, Hately and Hill. I feel like any of those players could be justified with pick 6.

I agree re: Briggs' rating, but have heard there's some keen inside the mid 20s. GWS won't get him cheap. As for Walker, I'll use my well used term of "possible rookie".

I see that young Cal Twomey has just had another stab at a Phantom Top 25 form guide for this years draft, with Liam Stoker the big inclusion for Xavier O'Halloran from last time.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-16/cal-twomeys-phantom-form-guide-september

He has all 4 S/A boys inside the Top 10, along with Jye Caldwell.....A big loss for Vic Country at the champs when he went down injured.

Quaynor @ 11, Hill @ 14, Clark & Butters @ 17 & 18 are all way too early for mine.

The big gun he appears to be missing is Bailey Williams....I'd also add in Bytel, Khamis, Cameron & Andrews as possible Top 25 inclusions.

I see that young Cal Twomey has just had another stab at a Phantom Top 25 form guide for this years draft, with Liam Stoker the big inclusion for Xavier O'Halloran from last time.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-16/cal-twomeys-phantom-form-guide-september

He has all 4 S/A boys inside the Top 10, along with Jye Caldwell.....A big loss for Vic Country at the champs when he went down injured.

Quaynor @ 11, Hill @ 14, Clark & Butters @ 17 & 18 are all way too early for mine.

The big gun he appears to be missing is Bailey Williams....I'd also add in Bytel, Khamis, Cameron & Andrews as possible Top 25 inclusions.

Agree with Hill being too early but (although he had a slow start to the season) Clark looked awesome at WAFL seniors level in the elimination final (great kicking skills into f50 under pressure, good tackling playing hff/hbf and agility) and in general if you make it to that level in your draft year and "add value" to that team, it normally grabs the attention of recruiters. He will be a bolter for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with Hill being too early but (although he had a slow start to the season) Clark looked awesome at WAFL seniors level in the elimination final (great kicking skills into f50 under pressure, good tackling playing hff/hbf and agility) and in general if you make it to that level in your draft year and "add value" to that team, it normally grabs the attention of recruiters. He will be a bolter for mine.

Fair enough....I'll cop to the fact that my assessment on Clark is fully dependent upon what I saw of him at the champs.

Fair enough....I'll cop to the fact that my assessment on Clark is fully dependent upon what I saw of him at the champs.

Was talking with one member of a AFL recruiting team a week ago and he said that after the Championships that his team had Jordan Clark rated at the 25-33 mark but after his five league games for Claremont they reevaluated him at the 15 - 20 range , purely on the back of his finish to the season.
Two of his league games were finals and in particular his elimination final was pretty spectacular and impressive.

Was talking with one member of a AFL recruiting team a week ago and he said that after the Championships that his team had Jordan Clark rated at the 25-33 mark but after his five league games for Claremont they reevaluated him at the 15 - 20 range , purely on the back of his finish to the season.
Two of his league games were finals and in particular his elimination final was pretty spectacular and impressive.

Starting to really like Clark as well, just looks at home now.

You and Davo-27 are the only two people that rate these two this high. I recommend starting a draft board yourself, you seem to have a different insight

Players who continue to develop & improve their games as the year progresses, definitely project an air of strength & resilience.....While many others can fade away.....It's absolutely a positive sign for future development & the bodies ability at coping with the higher demands at the elite level.

I'm still interested to know who is telling him Quaynor is such a high pick or he has decided himself that is where he should be rated.

Isn't Cal a Collingwood man?....Might explain his inclusion of Kelly's son also.

You and Davo-27 are the only two people that rate these two this high. I recommend starting a draft board yourself, you seem to have a different insight

Khamis made the AA team from the Nationals if I'm not mistaken.....Andrews only played 1 & a half games at the champs due to injury: & the one full game he did play in he absolutely tore apart....I take more note of these games as it's the best up against the best & these 2 stood up tall in that environment.

This is a progressive ranking based mainly on previous years viewing and current championships viewing. There is some information stolen from other posters and watchers in other states.
24/08/18
1. Jack Lukosius
2. Izak Rankine
3. Sam Walsh
That is my first tier. In any given year they could all be a viable first pick, so that is what is giving that super draft feeling. A great combination of tall, elite forward/mid and a running machine midfielder. Lovely players that I will enjoy watching for years to come.

4. Nick Blakey
5. Bailey Smith
6. Chayce Jones
7. Ben King
8. Max King
9. Tarryn Thomas
10. Curtis Taylor
11. Conner Rozee
12. Ian Hill
13. Luke Valante
14. Rhylee West
15. Xavier Duursma
16. Jackson Hately
17. Conner McFayden
18. Jye Caldwell - Have not seen enough, but placing him here based on better judges than myself with more knowledge
19. Liam Stocker - Same as Caldwell
20. Bailey Williams
21. Riley Collier-Dawkins
22. Zac Butters
23. Jordan Clark
24. Jacob Kennerley
25. Tom McKenzie

26 Xavier O'Halloran
27. Bailey Scott
28. Ned McHenry
29. Luke Foley
30. Fraser Turner
32. Jacob Koschitzke
32. Oscar Brownless
33. Isaac Quaynor
34. Jez McLennan
35. Tom Berry
36. James Rowbottom
37. Jack Bytel
38. Will Kelly
39. Tom Joyce
40. Ely Smith
41. Tom Sparrow
42. Buku Khamis
43. Tom Lewis
44. Lachlan Scholl
45. Daly Andrews
46. Ben Jarvis
47. Luke English
48. Sydney Stack
49. Mitch Riordan
50. Riley Bowman
I agree with where you've placed Caldwell. Done the hammy 3 times this year, but the very little footy he has played has been a step up from last year. Yet to demonstrate he can win significant amounts of the ball on a consistent basis, but he generally uses it well when he gets it. Like Smith & Jones, he's one of those players with good acceleration that allows them to win it on the inside and transition to the outside where his good disposal can hurt the opposition. If he's unable to participate in the combine he may slide out to the 20-25 area.

Like you, I've always rated Jones. Not sure I can see him going quite as high as you, but if he has a good combine there's no reason he can't go in the 9-15 range. He's just a very, very good all-round footballer who can bring a team to life around him when he gets on a roll.

Very difficult to rate 25-50 as you could interchange most of those with each other depending upon the type of player you're chasing. Good effort to have a crack LM as don't think there's any real right or wrong in this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back