Draft Watcher LemmingMaster 2018 Rankings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that you have our academy boy Connor McFadyen in the top 20, IIRC the 2nd phantom drafter to do so. What do you see as his strengths? Some have concerns over his speed and agility, you?

Chayce Jones over Connor Rozee, comparison/reasons?

From the AFL website.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-16/cal-twomeys-phantom-form-guide-september

"Brisbane Lions Academy prospect Connor McFadyen has caught the attention of scouts with his size for a midfielder, but his sideways movement is also very good. If he can replicate his agility score of 7.75 seconds from previous testing he will set a new Combine record"

If agility is a concern, then rest easy mate.

He is a midfielder for me, certainly the games I watched he was one of the better midfielders in this draft class.

Would love to hear where you disagree with Cal's order & which players you feel he has missed out on altogether....Which players ought not to be there & why not.

Cheers.

Would love to hear where you disagree with Cal's order & which players you feel he has missed out on altogether....Which players ought not to be there & why not.

Cheers.

Clark - I would have a number of players higher than him.
Quaynor - Like Clark, small defenders that don't currently play in the midfield are not high on my list of players in the first round.
Jones - Starting to feel like I am on my own here, but I rate him super high and think he could be a potential late first, early second round bargain midfielder.

Bailey Williams - He is one player I think belongs in the top 30 conversation.
Jacob Kennerley - Another player I seem to rate a little higher than many.

Otherwise, I don't see many massive issues with regards to his ratings.

Retrospectively where would you rate Alex Witherden in his draft year?
As an aside on Witho, when talking SC wise, I was in a long-term game and had Pick 10 and took him and everyone was like "wtf?". He always had high fantasy potential in my eyes. Was a top 10 talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What makes him elite?

Just asking, Fremantle need a small forward and we have pick 14(16).

If you need a small forward, not sure I would be picking Butters. Butters to me looks more like a winger with amazing foot skills and decision making ability. He knows how to find the ball, I just have not seen him being super dangerous up forward. In saying all that, I really rate Butters highly, so ticks plenty of boxes.

Might be a little high for him but Taylor could be your forward option. I think he looks a lot more dangerous up front and has insane levels of pure talent. Not a hugely defensive forward, but he could learn those aspects.

Sturt - I've not seen enough of him to be honest, but he is being rated nicely as a forward, so he may be worth considering.

You obviously have the home grown talent in Hill looking to drift to around your pick.

If you need a small forward, not sure I would be picking Butters. Butters to me looks more like a winger with amazing foot skills and decision making ability. He knows how to find the ball, I just have not seen him being super dangerous up forward. In saying all that, I really rate Butters highly, so ticks plenty of boxes.

Might be a little high for him but Taylor could be your forward option. I think he looks a lot more dangerous up front and has insane levels of pure talent. Not a hugely defensive forward, but he could learn those aspects.

Sturt - I've not seen enough of him to be honest, but he is being rated nicely as a forward, so he may be worth considering.

You obviously have the home grown talent in Hill looking to drift to around your pick.
Charlie Sprague goes alright too when he gets on the park. Probably goes in the back half of the draft.

What makes him elite?

Just asking, Fremantle need a small forward and we have pick 14(16).

Imo, Ian Hill and Chayce Jones are clearly the 2 best small forward prospects in the draft. Both are right in Freo's wheelhouse around Pick 14(16). Both can have stints onball at AFL level too.

Imo, Ian Hill and Chayce Jones are clearly the 2 best small forward prospects in the draft. Both are right in Freo's wheelhouse around Pick 14(16). Both can have stints onball at AFL level too.
My hope is I Hill but I’m open to other people’s ideas.

Seems that Butters is more of a midfielder than small forward with what people are saying.

Cameron put on the best cameo display for a small forward at the champs.....I Reckon he has the most upside of them all.

Cameron put on the best cameo display for a small forward at the champs.....I Reckon he has the most upside of them all.

Yeah he did....but i'm not sure.

For me, Hill looks a better chance. I like what i've seen. Something about him. Reckon he'll put the bit between his teeth at AFL level.

And Jones, i love how he accelerates into packs, either at the ball or the player with the ball. And also can accelerate away. I think he makes an ideal small forward at AFL level and can play a rotation onball as well.

Cameron will be a very interesting watch on draft night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back