Toast Lenny Hayes set for Saints return as assistant coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully Lenny is a good appointment. If we go by their playing careers having Enright and Hayes there will be great. For me it's a wait and see a little bit, not sure of Hayes at all as a coach, haven't paid too much attention to GWS.

If he brings the same no bullshit mentality to our club then I'm sure it will be a positive.

Then he can take over from Ratts mid 2023 😀

Only joking teehee

Great news, or confirmation on Lenny. He had such professionalism, high standards, strong leadership as a player which he will no doubt be instilling, as well as a solid communicator. now to just sort out the forwards coach ....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the Lenny appointment. He was highly rated at GWS and he had their midfield purring. Alongside that he's a respected club legend who will be wonderful for our kids to be around.

Well done to those that broke the news last week, it was exactly what I needed after Friday night.

Question to all this rejoicing in the Lenny news.

What makes you so excited? Is there something from his coaching that I’ve missed? That GWS let him go during the COVID cuts showed they didn’t see him as indispensable.

I’m genuinely curious. Me and a couple of other posters were told we were falling for “messiah” syndrome by advocating going all in for Clarko, a 4 time premiership coach, but many of the same posters taking pots at us over Clarko seem dreadfully excited about a former star player with no demonstrative results as a coach coming back to the club as a coach.

The Lenny situation illustrates a much more accurate example of misguided “messiah” like behavior than those of us wanting to have a crack at Clarko.

What makes you so excited? Is there something from his coaching that I’ve missed? That GWS let him go during the COVID cuts showed they didn’t see him as indispensable.

I’m genuinely curious. Me and a couple of other posters were told we were falling for “messiah” syndrome by advocating going all in for Clarko, a 4 time premiership coach, but many of the same posters taking pots at us over Clarko seem dreadfully excited about a former star player with no demonstrative results as a coach coming back to the club as a coach.

The Lenny situation illustrates a much more accurate example of misguided “messiah” like behavior than those of us wanting to have a crack at Clarko.

Ummmm if he wanted to leave during Covid....

GWS can't make him stay. Slavery rules and all that. So that's why they "let " him go.
Young family/ hubs. Sheesh.

I don't think he was let go. He wanted time away from the game after Covid. From memory he was highly rated and the players loved him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back