Leon Cameron gone

Remove this Banner Ad

"Oh My God!!!! You've gotta be kidding me that's Alistair Clarkson's music!!!!"

Meme GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

It's not reasonable to think GWS would just waltz into a premiership, but when you consider the embarrassment of riches the list had at it's peak then you would have to conclude that Cameron underachieved. With the window closing it's going to be a tough slog now for the club.

Good to see.

Thats the 2nd coach we've destroyed.
Pike
Cameron.

Chris Scott should be nervous.
It's also at least the 2nd coach whose career has ended abruptly following Chris Scott coached thumpings. Dean Bailey 2011 (dumped after a 186 point loss to Cats) and now Cameron (after a 53 point loss to Cats).

Not sure why Chris Scott should be nervous?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe not pleasant but after arguably having the best list between 2016 and 2018 and achieving nothing it is hardly surprising Cameron is gone.
im not suprised since caro raised it at the start of the year. her sources are generally bang on

however i think gws being much more successful as an expansion at this point than gc can be partly attributed to him

they didnt get a flag but have been a fixture in the finals and havent bled talent every year to the extent the suns do

every clubs ultimately playing for premierships but its been a much more enjoyable journey for gws supporters than suns supporters so far.

He did pretty well all up. Got them to a GF and multiple prelims, and the idea they would just walk through to a flag was always ridiculous.

Reckon by leaving now (around 8 games after a finals appearance) he’ll have stemmed the bleeding re his reputation. Would be some chance at another job down the track.

Disagree - he severely underperformed whilst playing their stars out of position. The team had no consistency with Leon throwing the magnets around every week.

Their 2016 Elimination Final team is probably the best team I have ever seen on paper - they just had to win the flag that year.

It's also at least the 2nd coach whose career has ended abruptly following Chris Scott coached thumpings. Dean Bailey 2011 (dumped after a 186 point loss to Cats) and now Cameron (after a 53 point loss to Cats).

Not sure why Chris Scott should be nervous?
Makes sense being over such a short period of time.

After watching that Amazon Prime doco a couple years ago I never really rated him as a coach. Would have thought this was a good decision for all involved. Wouldn't want to play GWS this weekend as teams seem to always respond after a coach is sacked.

Kicking 4 goals when you have Himmelberg, Hogan and Greene up forward, a huge on-paper ruck advantage, and Kelly, Green, Taranto, Coniglio, Ward, Whitfield, and Perryman able to rotate through the midfield has to be poor coaching. Surprised it happened this week but not surprised he's gone. Not getting enough out of this list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back