Leon Cameron gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Jaymie Graham surely

GWS list isn't that good these days. No key forwards these days aside from Hogan, rucks are workmanlike and the mids are individually good but haven't geled well.

After 3 wins in a row with a percentage booster against North to come?

Yeah we'll probably beat north. Our next 4 after that are losses however. At that point we're 4-9.

Ken is a parasite though so he'll try to suck every last dollar out of the club that he can. We'll clearly have to sack him but we have a breakfast tv host running the show and a board appointed by the AFL. Happy days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Leon did a pretty good job as coach of GWS, he didn't win a flag but had them regularly playing finals including prelims and a GF, he had run his race there though after being there for 10 years and they needed to make a change. They could still be a contender if Clarko took over as their coach.

It's also at least the 2nd coach whose career has ended abruptly following Chris Scott coached thumpings. Dean Bailey 2011 (dumped after a 186 point loss to Cats) and now Cameron (after a 53 point loss to Cats).

Not sure why Chris Scott should be nervous?
Didn’t we also get Malthouse sacked from the Blues?

Gerard Whateley has reported Cameron took the option to stand down immediately after the GWS Board determined he would not be offered a contract beyond 2022.
Cameron will coach a farewell game against Carlton this weekend.
Mark McVeigh is interim coach for the remainder of 2022.
How does Mark McVeigh still hold a job in the AFL (especially at the giants) after the crap he piled on Kyle Reimers and his backing of Essendon?

"I can honestly tell you that everything I took - and I can only speak on my behalf obviously - I knew 100 per cent that it was within the WADA and AFL doping regulations,"

"If I'm going off the consent form that everyone else had to sign it suggests to me that everything we were taking was 100 per cent legal and in the rules,"

"I can honestly say in my heart that I would never ever agree to take anything that wasn't ticked off and wasn't legal."

"It wasn't a waiver, it was a consent form - every player knew what they were taking, it was listed and we knew that it was within the rules."

"And that if anything was to come of it we'd be absolutely shocked and disgusted."

"I think the players will be 100 per cent fine. I think they'll find that what they were given were well within the rules,"

Long overdue , the AFL‘s inertia can monotonous, however due diligence & procedure must be followed one supposes.
is quite ama
Leon was a good coach during his tenure, gave GWS a nascent club still desperately needed direction, however should have been moved on 3or 4 ago.
Clarko is now the obvious replacement foundations probably last year , GWS will raise again.p soon.

Losing two home prelims in a row indicates otherwise. He should have been sacked years ago
Lol, yeah as opposed to winning last years Prelim and setting an even bigger record losing margin in the GF than we already have.
News flash, we got smashed by a side that went on to get smashed.

Timing is as important as list quality, 2024 is our time.

How does Mark McVeigh still hold a job in the AFL (especially at the giants) after the crap he piled on Kyle Reimers and his backing of Essendon?

"I can honestly tell you that everything I took - and I can only speak on my behalf obviously - I knew 100 per cent that it was within the WADA and AFL doping regulations,"

"If I'm going off the consent form that everyone else had to sign it suggests to me that everything we were taking was 100 per cent legal and in the rules,"

"I can honestly say in my heart that I would never ever agree to take anything that wasn't ticked off and wasn't legal."

"It wasn't a waiver, it was a consent form - every player knew what they were taking, it was listed and we knew that it was within the rules."

"And that if anything was to come of it we'd be absolutely shocked and disgusted."

"I think the players will be 100 per cent fine. I think they'll find that what they were given were well within the rules,"
Well with Covid jabs in vogue I’m sure the dynamic duo will find a way

Wasn't Clarkson in the States the same time as Gil??.
Maybe the deal was made over there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back