Leon Cameron gone

Remove this Banner Ad

The question is would Clarko leave a club in St Kilda Ross Lyon like conditions for Tassie? I think so

He did pretty well all up. Got them to a GF and multiple prelims, and the idea they would just walk through to a flag was always ridiculous.

Reckon by leaving now (around 8 games after a finals appearance) he’ll have stemmed the bleeding re his reputation. Would be some chance at another job down the track.
I think it is the right move for him to go. However I think many who say he failed because he didn't deliver a flag tend to overlook that in the years when GWS 's list was at its strongest, long injury lists meant he seldom really got close to having his best 22 available. Did well to make GF in 2019 and then ran into a very powerful Richmond unit.

Harry out for 6 weeks and now this.

Bad footy juju
The thing is that "on paper" the GWS team is not bad. Plenty a coach who has been sacked has had a crap team to work with, but when you have quality individuals like Toby & Tom Green, Tarranto, Whitfield, Kelly, Taylor, Himmelberg, and even Hogan...

It's not reasonable to think GWS would just waltz into a premiership, but when you consider the embarrassment of riches the list had at it's peak then you would have to conclude that Cameron underachieved. With the window closing it's going to be a tough slog now for the club.

Good to see.

I think it's the right decision but to be fair to him, how often did they get injuries at the wrong time of the season ie finals? Was it Ward that got knocked out in the 2016 pf and then Shiel in the 2017 pf?

If they win a flag they'll get a few thousand bandwagoners but as soon they have a down season things will go straight back to how they are now. Thats why GWS are so pointless and any flags they win will be a waste
Odd, I recall the Swans having a permanent increase in their attendance after winning premierships.

Could be plenty of opportunities to coach somewhere else by the end of this season? North, Port, Suns, Dons, Dogs, Eagles?
If all 6 got sacked tomorrow that makes our coach the worst in the league right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back