Leon Cameron gone

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get the Kenny hate in this thread. 4 weeks ago Port were bottom. Win well this weekend as expected and they could be in the 8 after 4 straight wins. He changed their game plan one month into the season and it's getting results. Quite a turnaround. Gotta give him credit for that.

"Ross Lyon​

They do not come better credentialed than the hard-nosed former St Kilda and Fremantle coach"

WTF? What credentials? All those flags and Jock McHale awards?

Honestly I reckon the decision was made after the Saints game. They didn't fire a shot in the second half that night against a Saints team without a ruckman who could break out of a jog. If there was ever a game just to dig in, win the stoppages and will yourself over the line and back to a 2-4 record that was it.

I get the feeling after that they were just waiting for a proper home game in Sydney for a farewell. Bounce back win in Adelaide after the players see the writing on the wall, then collapse against the Cats.

V. good coach, just kept running into the Mentality Monsters at Richmond in finals, that's the way it goes sometimes.

You seem to be the only one who thinks he was a very good coach. I think had about 50% of the coaches currently in the AFL had his list in the 2016 to 2018 period they would have won at least 1 flag, possibly 2.

Essendon would have to have rocks in their head to can Rutten after getting them to the finals. He's earned enough patience to survive one bad year.
Rutten isn't out of the woods yet, they could easily lose their next 5 games and if that happens he could be toast?

You seem to be the only one who thinks he was a very good coach. I think had about 50% of the coaches currently in the AFL had his list in the 2016 to 2018 period they would have won at least 1 flag, possibly 2.
dunno, just can never get past the feeling I had at the ground in the first half 2017 prelim, it was like RFC were playing against cyborg supermen, it was just so damn hard to move the ball through them.

I have to give credit to the coach for that team, which I'm still not sure how we beat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they win a flag they'll get a few thousand bandwagoners but as soon they have a down season things will go straight back to how they are now. Thats why GWS are so pointless and any flags they win will be a waste
I understand your mob are up and about, but for a supporter of a team that comes from a football state, that has been in the comp much longer and has not really achieved much more, this is an interesting post.

"Ross Lyon​

They do not come better credentialed than the hard-nosed former St Kilda and Fremantle coach"

WTF? What credentials? All those flags and Jock McHale awards?

Ahhh peak big footy rationalisation…

So I guess on that proviso Rod may aswell rule all those contenders out bar clarko hey?, as he’s the only one with a premiership to his name?

Maybe they should give micky a call ??.. 3 premierships!! be crazy not to!!

Hmm ball is now in Gold Coasts corner in relation to trying to get Clarko. Things could get interesting now with any club that's potentially wanting to be in Clarko's ear, my view;

Giants,
North,
Gold Coast,
West Coast,
Adelaide,
Essendon

Apart from the broken down Ferrari, the other options are boring and uninspiring.

From a list perspective Clarko might just choose the head job that sucks the least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back