Leon Cameron gone

Remove this Banner Ad

3-4 years ago, Clarko would have been ideal, but I would think Gold Coast would be more to his liking right now. Maybe if North relocated to Tassie, Clarko may snap up that job. Can't wait to see Clarko coaching again, I've always wondered how he would go at a second club.
Why would North have to relocate to interest Clarko?

What was GWS’ best H&A finish and W/L ratio?
For the side that was so stacked with talent in the past 6 years it never seemed to have fully clicked where they would consistently stamp their authority on the competition as a force to be reckoned with.
Think sides like Melbourne now.

I know it can be selective editing but Cameron came across as a terrible, uninspiring coach in “making their mark” documentary. Players barely paid him any respect or attention when doing a team speech trying to get a message across.
It certainly portrayed bad man management skills from his end.

Last edited:
For the side that was so stacked with talent in the past 6 years it never seemed to have fully clicked where they would consistently stamp their authority on the competition as a force to be reckoned with.

I know it can be selective editing but Cameron came across as a terrible, uninspiring coach in “making their mark” documentary. Players barely paid him any respect or attention when trying to get a message across.
Haven't seen it. But watching them play it all seemed so laboured.

I know it can be selective editing but Cameron came across as a terrible, uninspiring coach in “making their mark” documentary. Players barely paid him any respect or attention when doing a team speech trying to get a message across.
Fourth in both 2016 and 2017. Best w/l ratio for regular season: 16-6 in 2016.

Because it's Clarko's "dream" to get a team up and running in Tasmania.
But the Gold Coast don’t have to relocate to Tasmania to get Clarko’s interest?

Quite correct, but there would be other reasons why Clarko would be interested.
Personally I don’t get the links to Gold Coast or GWS for Clarko. I’m sure he’s doing well financially already and he’ll get paid well regardless at any club.

Clarko spent 9 years playing for North Melbourne, 9 years getting up and heading down to Arden street. I’m not sure they have to move too far to grab his interest.

It's also at least the 2nd coach whose career has ended abruptly following Chris Scott coached thumpings. Dean Bailey 2011 (dumped after a 186 point loss to Cats) and now Cameron (after a 53 point loss to Cats).

Not sure why Chris Scott should be nervous?

Mick Malthouse after Jordan Murdoch destroyed Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron never seemed to be anything beyond an OK coach to me. I don't think he was actively bad, but I also don't think people would argue too hard that Clarkson would have achieved more with that list than Cameron did.

Clarkson said last night he wants to coach to win a flag. Why would he go to a club that realistically as years and years away from even making finals?
Yeah he said he wants to coach a club he believes he can take to a flag. He didn’t necessarily say he wants to compete for a flag in year one.

Comparing to when Roos took over Melbourne in 2014, they were in a prelim by 2018 and flag by 2021.

Clarko could be interested in taking his old club to a flag just a longer journey. Norths list possibly ahead of Melbournes as well considering Petracca and Oliver were drafted a year/2 years after Roos had started while North already have JHF, a top pick coming this year and a few young players from previous drafts.

Handled well by both parties. Clarko a certainty to join us now. Will be great in retaining who we want to keep.
Suck s**t Port!

Personally I don’t get the links to Gold Coast or GWS for Clarko. I’m sure he’s doing well financially already and he’ll get paid well regardless at any club.

Clarko spent 9 years playing for North Melbourne, 9 years getting up and heading down to Arden street. I’m not sure they have to move too far to grab his interest.
The AFL would like nothing more than Clarko to coach Gold Coast......reckon he could name his price and the AFL wouldn't bat an eyelid....

"Ross Lyon​

They do not come better credentialed than the hard-nosed former St Kilda and Fremantle coach"

WTF? What credentials? All those flags and Jock McHale awards?
lol.

Well he wont be the only one. lol

How many premierships has David Noble won as a north coach?

Let us agree he has an undefeated finals record. lol

Hinkley’s an excellent coach, and has the runs on the board. Word around is that Port will offer him a 4 year extension. And so they should!
Don't tell Port fans that. Seriously I have read their board, its nuts. You'd think without Ken they'd have won 5 flags in this period according to them.

I also think some are more invested in being proven right than wanting the club to succeed (though you get that in all fan bases)

Why? Martin is 31 now isn't he? Really at best he has 2 years of top quality football left in him before he begins declining. Not really worth it for another club to target him.
Noooooooooooooooooooow.....I'm getting worried, Dimma has spoken

GWS were pretty damn good in 2016. 16-6 143% and then steamrolled the Swans in the QF before losing by a kick in the prelim. Had they won the prelim I reckon they would've won the flag.

That team was outrageously stacked though. From then on concessions wound back and they shed players each year. There are still 7 players from the 2016 QF side running around for other teams now. Plus Griffen, Johnson, Patfull, Mumford, Shaw, Scully, Patton have finished up. And that doesn't capture players who left before 2016 like Taylor Adams and Adam Treloar and others like Jack Steele and Will Hoskin-Elliott who were young fringe players.

There's still inertia when people talk about GWS. They still have some good players but their list is no better than most clubs right now. Their 'could win 5 flags in a row' window closed a couple of years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back