Leon Cameron - is he the man?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the club is positioning players why know they will be without next year and beyond in lesser/secondary roles so that the players who will be playing #1 or that key role will be better prepared.

That's actually really good coaching.
No its not. This is a live season where they could be making finals and then pushing deep from there.

Worry about personnel and role changes over the preseason.

EDIT: save for cameron. sack him now and hire a vfl coach and youd see improvement.

His side play absurdly timid football, like they're bottom of the ladder up against the leaders every week.

Then deep in the 4th, they throw caution to the wind & show us they can play.

I don't like Cameron at all, he's one of the blokes making footy increasingly unwatchable.

Dependent on other results now, and don’t look like they’d do much damage anyway.

Would give Leon the benefit of the doubt for this year. It’s been a weird year and their drubbing in the GF probably left them flat.

If they don’t play finals next year he’s clearly cooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they've reached a GF and 2 prelims in the last 3 years playing grinding gutsy footy. The talent has been drained out of them imo. They just aren't allowed to play movement footy anymore.

They've been ground to a halt by an insistance of defensive minded safety.

Yep. It's like they play to not lose, rather than to win. Take it to the 4th and hope they can grind out a win. Rather than play fast forwards moving footy the whole game.

He did get them to a gf last year so he's not horrible but I mean Goodwin got Melbourne to a prelim as well. Either way with their talent they are seriously underperforming
I mean go back 4 years and people were talking about how many this team was going to win not would they win one.

One embarrassing GF later and a year where they are likely to miss finals and they re-signed him? Baffling

The man seems as dull as a paper clip! I can't see him inspiring this group to a premiership! Poor decision to extend his contract imo but than again who is out there that could replace him? Giants need more than just a good coach they also need someone with charisma someone with charm and excitment to bring up to Sydney! Only person out of the current crop that could do that will be Clarkson and he ain't going anywhere it seems.

To be fair Adam Simpson and John Worsfold are both pretty bland straight shooters and they're our last 2 premiership coaches. Its all about the delivery.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Worsfold is somewhat similar, but he did always have a presence around him at West Coast due to his history as a player. And he had arguably the best ever midfield so didn't need much of a game plan.

Simpson says little because he's clever not because he doesn't have much to say. He's calm and confident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back