Leon Cameron - is he the man?

Remove this Banner Ad

They lack intensity and focused aggression. Just feels like they know they are good and it will just happen but nobody wants to be the one to make it happen. Missing the hell out of Ward. He wouldn't have allowed their concentration lapses as much.

Leon Cameron just doesn't seem like the type to inspire them either. I've been on them for the last 3 years to win a flag. They are losing players hand over fist and finding more but sooner or later, it just has to bite. Do they actually want to win a flag, like really want it? Seems like some of their better players are content to be a big fish in the team but not lead from the front.

A lot of that crowd though was Tigers fan, so it was an above average crowd for a GC home game.

Yeah I get that, but the home team had lost 10 in a row.

Would probably have been a full house had the Suns been in finals contention.

Typical save our skins Richmond fans trying to kill off other clubs because of attendances that are actually better than every other sport in the country other than AFL.

Should Bournemouth be kicked out of the Premier League for having 12000 home crowds?

It bothers me, what can I say. People like that can't quote Aus kick numbers or participation numbers, just nonces who can't see this as a generational investment and one that is working.

A problem with having so much talent is it equals a crippling amount of egos.

They are not mentally ready yet to sacrifice parts of their games as individuals and play as a team. They spent the best part of 18 years playing rep football surrounded by people telling them how good they are as they waltzed into the AFL.

They need it to click next year or maximum 2021.

To be fair they are 1 game out of the top 4 in the middle of July where a lot of good teams drop off. They're not done with yet.

GWS need to learn their is no 'i' in team. Very individualistic in nature and that starts with the coach trying to root that out.

I don't know, they're 9-6 with maybe the worst run with injuries in the league. their top end is still excellent but they haven't got depth for days like they had in 16-17'. I think cameron's done a pretty good job this year.

The Giants are like a pro-golfer who can bang it out over 300 metres every time and split the middle of
the fairway, but cannot hole a putt from 4 feet away to save their lives.

It is very hard to get off to a quick start in motor racing if the car is always in fourth gear.

Analogies are the fruit of life, I miss the Kevin Sheedy you cannot let anyone DOMINATE you speeches
clearly never spent Saturday nights at the Hell Fire Club being dominated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who else available is better?

If Luke Hodge says post season he wants the job, I would happily give it to him.
I guess that's the problem - if you're a St Kilda or a North then you can gamble on an inexperienced coach, but I'm not sure who in the market would be a great fit for the Giants. I could see Scott being a fit there, perhaps? But he has his problems.

Been unlucky with injuries but they go from chocolates to boiled lollies in the space of a quarter. They looked a million bucks in the 2nd half as if they were going to win by 10 goals. A quarter later they looked like complete s**t.

Tends to indicate the talent is there but just isn't being harnessed. That's on the coach.

Been unlucky with injuries but they go from chocolates to boiled lollies in the space of a quarter. They looked a million bucks in the 2nd half as if they were going to win by 10 goals. A quarter later they looked like complete s**t.

Tends to indicate the talent is there but just isn't being harnessed. That's on the coach.

Last week showed what a coach who can motivate his players can achieve. We have senior players of the group who look like they don't wanna be there.

I'd like to see what this side could do with their full midfield compliment - Ward, Coniglio and Taranto in the middle, Kelly and Whitfield on the wings - playing together, with their main half back - Zach Williams - and their main half forward - Toby Greene - there too, both of whom have shown they can rotate through the middle. Seems like they've never really had a decent run together, as there's always a few of them injured at any one time.

From the 70 games (including 5 finals) the club has played over the past three seasons:

Hard to get the Ferrari running optimally, when there's always key parts in the repair shop.

I'd like to see what this side could do with their full midfield compliment - Ward, Coniglio and Taranto in the middle, Kelly and Whitfield on the wings - playing together, with their main half back - Zach Williams - and their main half forward - Toby Greene - there too, both of whom have shown they can rotate through the middle. Seems like they've never really had a decent run together, as there's always a few of them injured at any one time.

From the 70 games (including 5 finals) the club has played over the past three seasons:

View attachment 729487
Hard to get the Ferrari running optimally, when there's always key parts in the repair shop.

All cars have issues from time to time most can get up and running pretty quickly, GWS spends 6 weeks in the shop, GWS is a lemon that will keep breaking down. They are a mentally soft club, going gets tough they give up every single time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back