Leon Cameron

nicko74

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He still wants a job as a head coach. Alot of people calling for B Scotts head around here. If we were to change coaches we could do alot worse than him IMO.

nicko74

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I did say "if" we change coaches. And based on the fact he has worked under Eade and now Clarkson, reasonably successful coaches.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I want to see at least two new assistants brought to the club next year to work with the current team and update/refresh their coaching philosophies.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He still wants a job as a head coach. Alot of people calling for B Scotts head around here. If we were to change coaches we could do alot worse than him IMO.
BS won't be fired mate, under any circumstances IMO. He's contracted till end of 2013 isn't he. Not how north roll. Won't happen. I would expect we'll see an upgrade of the assistants at the end of this year though.

Aug 28, 2011
Beyond Reproach
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
UAE Team Emirates
Leon wants a gig as head coach? Give it to him, I say. :rolleyes:

I want to see at least two new assistants brought to the club next year to work with the current team and update/refresh their coaching philosophies.

Yep. Preferably recent retirees too. Who could be our Simon Goodwin or Scott Burns?

You could do worse than Leon, in our situation we wanted someone from a successful operation that could bring in fresh ideas, but he's ready for the job.

All the Geelong & Collingwood assistants seem to be head coaches now, though Garry Hocking the Geelong Falcons coach could be a good addition.

Engimal

Cancelled
10k Posts North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor Pantskyle Minecraft Shiny Penny Ruby
Apr 27, 2010
Tasmania
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I did say "if" we change coaches. And based on the fact he has worked under Eade and now Clarkson, reasonably successful coaches.

Brad Scott worked under Malthouse?

Oct 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Exers
IF we were changing coaches and I dont think we are there yet, I would want a new coach who could tear strips off of the players when they play lazy, uncontested footy. TBH - something that I thought BS would do more of. I can't see Cameron teaching a playing list how to play tough, contested footy.

roo_boy_29

All Australian
Aug 23, 2009
Glenelg
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Yeah me too. Also what is it with midfielders getting gigs as defensive coaches, small forwards coaching midfield and defensive players getting ruck coaching jobs. Very weird. I mean Shane Watson.................. Please

roo_boy_29

All Australian
Aug 23, 2009
Glenelg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Has come from a strong culture of failure. Has no idea what it means to succeed at the highest level, and was an outside mid similar to Matthew Knights. Players wont respect a bloke who never got his own footy.

I agree get Dean Laidley back before him. After all Laidley only left because the club thought he wasn't a good face for the club so we got B.Scott and everyone just thinks he is full of sh*t. Im confused.

I agree get Dean Laidley back before him. After all Laidley only left because the club thought he wasn't a good face for the club so we got B.Scott and some think he is full of sh*t. Im confused.

EFA.

Back