Leon Davis Medal 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riewoldt a sneaky chance to win the Leon, form has been poor the last 2 weeks but distinctly average since Rd 18.

3 goals in 3 finals, goalless in his teams 6 goal win over the Saints, and V Port only goal came from a free kick where he wasn't even trying to mark it, and already had his sook face on in the contest.

The only meaningful thing he did for the match was jumping out of the way when Lambert scunged his kick towards goal.

Rohan winning a Leon is actually a common misconception. Despite being a regular in the poll and a consistently poor finals performer, he has never won one.

2011: Alan Didak
2012: Cyril Rioli
2013: Hayden Ballantyne
2014: Lewis Jetta
2015: Jack Darling
2016: Kurt Tippett
2017: Josh Jenkins
2018: Steele Sidebottom
2019: Jeremy Finlayson

If Geelong lose and he's rubbish, I suspect it'll be a landslide unless Danger is also s**t.

Starburns_ is that offical bay 13 list ? I based the OP on what popped up on “mediocre players FB group”

Bay 13 list from the yearly polls.

Their records going back only as far as 2013 suggest they nicked the idea from here too.

Amazing that they gave it to Clarke in 2013 after Ballantyne's double-agent effort. Was the biggest landslide we'd ever had until Finlayson got 1 touch.

Rohan and Gryan Miers in a tie. Both absolute potatoes when even mild heat is on.
Yup absolutely rattled while they were kicking goals last weekend to get rid of Geelongs PF hoodoo.

They would have been your best players this season by the way, how the mighty have fallen :$

Rohan winning a Leon is actually a common misconception. Despite being a regular in the poll and a consistently poor finals performer, he has never won one.

If Geelong lose and he's rubbish, I suspect it'll be a landslide unless Danger is also sh*t.

Miers tends to be the bays whipping boy. Would think Rohan will lay 5 tackles and get one goal. But if we s**t the bed and lose, Miers will be missing.

That said, stiff on SideBum in 2018 I expected better from him, but he was hardly worse that Greenwood, Aish, Stephenson and Maynard.

And just checking the match report, I didn't even realise Jetta played.

Whos going to spud it up and possibly and claim the Leon, will Rohan make it 3 ?

Also do we need two medals the Leon for worst on in losing side, and the Cam medal for worst on ground in a winning side ala Cam Mooney 1999 GF for North who had duck eggs across the board and didn't touch the pill.
Mooney was on the ground for 10 mins of the entire match. Not the best example.

that medal should be named after Shannon Byrnes 2007 premiership performance. That game his stuff ups were so numerous it was actually great comedy.

It’s Daniel Rioli vs Gary Rohan.
The award really should be named the rioli award. Cyril and daniel have made an artform of terrible grand final performances.

Miers tends to be the bays whipping boy. Would think Rohan will lay 5 tackles and get one goal. But if we sh*t the bed and lose, Miers will be missing.

That said, stiff on SideBum in 2018 I expected better from him, but he was hardly worse that Greenwood, Aish, Stephenson and Maynard.

And just checking the match report, I didn't even realise Jetta played.

Miers a chance but bigger names can have less quiet games and win.

Sidebottom was a bit stiff, but in such a good GF there were no standout shittrucks. What was noticeable is he had about half the touches of the week before and it's not as though he was impactful with them, so he essentially won it for choking.

My theory always was, Gary Rohan is the reverse Darren Jarman.

Jarman was elite in 2 Grand Finals for his second club, but just missed out on a Norm Smith on both occasions.
Rohan, for his first club was ******* terrible in 2 Grand Finals, but on each occasion found somebody worse.

Jarman, for his first club had a shocking Grand Final, barely going near it despite being an already elite player.
Therefore, Rohan, for his second club will have an uncharacteristically excellent Grand Final.

Jarman also went 3-0 in Grand Finals, so I guess we’re ****ed.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Geelong lose and he's rubbish, I suspect it'll be a landslide unless Danger is also sh*t.
Cyril Rioli was horrid.

Cyril Rioli was horrid.

His tanty pushing Jetta was icing on the cake too. Still nothing goes past Ballantyne for worst ever IMO. Everything he touched turned to s**t that day and he killed Freo's momentum on multiple occasions. They would've been better off playing with 21 men, and he's probably the only one on that list we can say that about.

The official Leon Davis medal thred will open straight after the game 👍🏻 We can merge this one in OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back