News Leppa and ZOB - Clash of the Titans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But fatso green is ok? And pulling a player into line is? (I personally agree with leppa) you have some major double standards going on.

No. It is not a double standard. I thought 'fatso Green' was needless, but anyone who thinks it is comparable to a bigoted sleight against women is either ignorant or trolling. Have a think about the historical power dynamics involved before you draw equivalencies.

I have read this whole thread and I am still amazed - if reported correctly - that this can be justified as acceptable behaviour. This is not acceptable in the work place, in the playground or in our own houses. Honestly it is that simple. I think a few around here need to get there heads out of their own arse particularly when trying to justify what happened.

How did you manage to type so well with your head up your arse??

No. It is not a double standard. I thought 'fatso Green' was needless, but anyone who thinks it is comparable to a bigoted sleight against women is either ignorant or trolling. Have a think about the historical power dynamics involved before you draw equivalencies.

So shaming because of sexuality is not acceptable (and neither on the basis of gender or race or creed) but shaming because of body is? What is the technical term for discrimination on the basis of size anyway?

:rolleyes:.... low intelligence is not just confined to old people it seems.

As my post was about Josh, I feel confident that Miley would not be too concerned or upset by it. Hysteria would be the one to discuss that with, as he was the one who referred to Miley and Clive, not me.

You criticise someone for calling Josh Green fatso but it's perfectly ok to say someone has low intelligence? I think we know who the person with low intelligence is.

BTW, my post about Miley was a joke, no idea why you thought I was serious...

You criticise someone for calling Josh Green fatso but it's perfectly ok to say someone has low intelligence? I think we know who the person with low intelligence is.

BTW, my post about Miley was a joke, no idea why you thought I was serious...
She's just referencing his post, mate:

Old people of low intelligence don't like young people who think differently to them.

So shaming because of sexuality is not acceptable (and neither on the basis of gender or race or creed) but shaming because of body is? What is the technical term for discrimination on the basis of size anyway?

Neither is 'acceptable', but one is clearly worse. If you could point me to a history (and present) of men being killed, enslaved, denied the right to vote, denied the right to choose their sexual partners, humiliated for the same behavior men routinely undertake etc on the basis of their weight, you might persuade me. Absolutely bodies are a sensitive and serious topic, but it's not the same.

I think it's cruel and pointless to insult people because of their body shapes. However, sexual denigration of women is a symptom of a much more pervasive and damaging social hierarchy than razzing a professional athlete for being a bit chubby. It's the same reason you'd be less worried seeing someone called a w@nker than a racial sleight. It's a straw man argument to pretend all insults are equivalent.

Anyway, this derail is going too far now. Agree to disagree I guess.

You guys are so funny around here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I view it like this -

If it where at a division 1 basketball game at a local league (reasonable standard, high enough to have a coach) and this situation occurred -

"the coach made an instruction at half time, the player in question shook his head and told him to 'Get f***ed', the coach then pulled said player aside and tried to talk it out and the player became demonstrative, the coach then grabs said player by the shirt collar and delivers some seriously stern advice, in a way in which he looked to have lost his temper, before dropping the players shirt and returning to the players at the huddle" - it wasn't a brawl but it was enough to catch peoples attention.

Would it be good? no it wouldn't. Would it be assault, no the cops would probley tell you they weren't willing to write up the matter, they might offer some mediation in the event the player wanted to press charges or the basketball centre called the police. Would the coach be expected to/ would it be right if the coach apologised to the player in question and the team, YES it would and he should. Is there a chance it might effect the coaches standing with the players, yes there is a chance it would. Would the basketball centre management approach the coach and player and give a warning that if it happened again both coach and player would be banned, yes they would. would it be a matter that was talked about between other teams, centre management and addressed at the next board meeting - yes it would.

Its not assault and whilst you would lose your job if you did it in an office, it is not technically work place harassment, though if you found a good enough lawyer, ZOB would have a case.

Is it a bad look for coach, players, club - BLOODY OATH IT IS!, is it unacceptable under any circumstances - BLOODY OATH IT IS.

Everyone looking for examples of where it is and isn't acceptable, I used my basketball centre as an example, and I strongly believe this is how it would play out. it's even less acceptable at the elite level, but its not the end of the world. Leppa, ZOB (though I question if being a rookie his hands are a little tied in terms of his version of events) and the clubs response has been great IMO.

I was listening to Marco on SEN last night and he was saying 'they have to ban the tackle then' and that the crowd 'booing was workplace harassment then', I think that and few other opinions trying to defend it as 'normal and acceptable' are just way off, this is not in the field of play, and it is not a good thing for a coach to ever be doing, they are supposed to be way above that.

I really hope Josh doesn't read BigFooty. (some players do, you know)

Our boys seem to be lacking confidence atm, and reading your posts would do a real lot for Josh's confidence, wouldn't it? Think about that for a moment.

Josh Green's confidence is already at rock bottom. What some random on Bigfooty.com says probably won't harm him. If he does happen to read this, I would hope that hes cops it on the chin and works hard to improve himself.

He is a professional athlete and there is NO excuse for his physical shape at the moment. The concept of 'calories in, calories out' is really not that hard to grasp. If the club continues to play a clearly overweight player, I will continue to pay out on him. It's pretty bad that the incentive of being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year isn't enough for Greeny to sort out his eating.

Josh Green's confidence is already at rock bottom. What some random on Bigfooty.com says probably won't harm him. If he does happen to read this, I would hope that hes cops it on the chin and works hard to improve himself.

He is a professional athlete and there is NO excuse for his physical shape at the moment. The concept of 'calories in, calories out' is really not that hard to grasp. If the club continues to play a clearly overweight player, I will continue to pay out on him. It's pretty bad that the incentive of being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year isn't enough for Greeny to sort out his eating.

Keyboard warrior...love to see you say this to Josh's face around his team-mates. You are now on my "do not read list"...goodbye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back