Leppa sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Only seen the snippets of the interview, a lot of support from opposition supporters but this is the Leppitsch we here know - a well spoken passionate lion who loves the club and gave it his best.

What questions was Barrett firing at him? Was he fishing for a dig at the club from leppa?

All class Leppa !!

Damo head up his own arse and talking s**t again
Asked Leppa he if thought the AFL played a part in his dismissal, short answer from Leppa was basically no
Sliding doors time..... Pecker head then asks the same question again....
Oh and surprise he gets same answer from Leppa...
Fair dinkum, I know some rubber house plants that are smarter than Damo

All...... class. When I saw 'The Footy Show', I was worried he wanted to go out swinging. But, he was simply exceptional.

My partner who knows nothing about footy watched in silence with me and said 'he is very impressive isn't he?", I said, 'yeah incredibly', then she said, "he is amazing, but I wouldn't say charismatic, just a really impressive guy". Im not suggesting he is not charasmatic, plenty will disagree.. but she said "maybe thats why there were issues, he is great at what he does, but doesent have that charisma other coaches do that makes leadership second nature". Im not criticising, I just reflected and thought.. "hmm maybe theres sonething in that".

Either way... that interview was... pure class.

I hope he goes to to be a great assistant, because thats what I think he is.

All...... class. When I saw 'The Footy Show', I was worried he wanted to go out swinging. But, he was simply exceptional.

My partner who knows nothing about footy watched in silence with me and said 'he is very impressive isn't he?", I said, 'yeah incredibly', then she said, "he is amazing, but I wouldn't say charismatic, just a really impressive guy". Im not suggesting he is not charasmatic, plenty will disagree.. but she said "maybe thats why there were issues, he is great at what he does, but doesent have that charisma other coaches do that makes leadership second nature". Im not criticising, I just reflected and thought.. "hmm maybe theres sonething in that".

Either way... that interview was... pure class.

I hope he goes to to be a great assistant, because thats what I think he is.

+1

Smashed it outta the park :handok:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leppa - our leadership group need help. Couldn't agree more.

What we see are young men in difficult circumstances not always coping but having no significant help. I am sure that some of our leaders who are under the pump at the moment will also display similar passion and class when out from all the pressure. Such a huge responsibility in a dysfunctional, under resourced environment.

Crapsticks, missed that interview. Will have to find it on the interwebs in days to come. Those clips showed he had a heap of poise.

Full shebang...

Perhaps reading a bit into it... re. Rockliff's leadership, Leppa mentioned that it's tough not having a Montagna or Riewoldt to learn from. Was that pointed? Rockliff to Saints?

Last edited:
Possibly more to do with win/loss, but can't be sure.

:eyes:

For sure! Leppa mentioned why he was terminated in his interview and questioned why Barrett kept bringing the O'Brien episode up!!...IMO, Barrett was trying to join up all the dots and add that as reason to terminate...How much AFL Involvement was involved??//...Relationship with players? ..Rocky Captaincy..//Mentioned the "O'Brien Episode" that only two guys went into the room...the physical altercation that followed..O' Brien delisted.. the AFL were still investigating... basically looking to get credit for his muck breaking..That is all!!

Last edited:
Full shebang...

Perhaps reading a bit into it... re. Rockliff's leadership, Leppa mentioned that it's tough not having a Montagna or Riewoldt or learn from. Was that pointed? Rockliff to Saints?

In 2010 St Kilda had a serious crack at winning a premiership. They've now done a rebuild but the prime-age players from that list - those who in 2010 had a few years in the system learning to be a successful club - e.g. Geary, Armitage, Gilbert, Montagna and Riewoldt - are still running around providing experience and leadership for their developing kids.

Conveniently (for the sake of the comparison) we were having a rather iffy tilt at the same time. The list of prime-aged players that Leppa inherited from that list - it's a pretty bare cupboard. Let alone players who are still physically capable of performing to the standard of Riewoldt or Montagna.

Rocky, Hanley, Rich - they were the kids of 2010, but they're now all we've got for veterans.

Montagna and Riewoldt are the prototypical examples of veterans who would have been really handy in the last couple years as we did our rebuild.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back