Leppa sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

The guys employed to judge the coaches performance have decided he's not up to it.

Pretty black and white decision. With no doubt some influence with selling hope to fans and the 'advice' received from the AFL.

interesting Swanny did not want the Rocky Captain question.

Keep hearing Balmey be going up to Brisbane.. AFL will push it
Now Coach wonder who the AFL picks

Brisbane Lions Senior Coach Justin Leppitsch has been released from the remainder of his contract with the Club.

The Club's Board came to the decision today after a thorough review of the team's performance and the factors influencing continued poor results.

Brisbane Lions Chairman Bob Sharpless said the Club's nine Directors had made the decision to release Leppitsch from the final year of his contract, which ran to the end of the 2017 season.

"Justin presented to the Board last week as a part of our review and he was impressive - he gave a number of reasons why the team's results have not reached the levels that we all expect, as well as outlining where he saw the team going in coming years," said Sharpless.

"Injuries, retirements, a clean-out of the playing list and fixture issues have all played their part, but at the end of the day, this is a results-driven industry and we are simply not a competitive football team at the moment.

"We have regressed from 10 wins in 2013, to seven wins in 2014, four wins last season, and to three this year - while the nature of some of this season's heavy defeats to teams around the same position on the AFL ladder have been bitterly disappointing.

"Justin has achieved a lot in his three years as Senior Coach but the Board was not satisfied - given the team's performance and lack of improvement over the past three seasons - that the status quo should be maintained.

"The Club needs to go in a different direction and we believe that starts with a new Senior Coach.

"Justin is a legend of the Club and we thank him for all he has done during his time as coach - in particular the work in blooding a huge number of young players who will no doubt go on to be long-term champions of the Brisbane Lions.

"We wish Justin all the best in the future."

The Brisbane Lions will now commence a process to appoint a Senior Coach for the 2017 AFL season.

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2016-08-29/club-statement-justin-leppitsch

I hope the media decides to tear strips off Sharpless for his handling of this.

You think the manner in which s**t news is delivered is the biggest concern this club has ATM?

Also, people are confusing a secret ballot with a ballot that is held in secret. A secret ballot is simply an anonymous vote.

You think the manner in which s**t news is delivered is the biggest concern this club has ATM?

Also, people are confusing a secret ballot with a ballot that is held in secret. A secret ballot is simply an anonymous vote.

When Sharpless was asked about Leigh's opinion / role at the Club, didn't he say something like - I don't know how any of the other directors voted. I took from that he meant it was a secret ballot.

I didn't see the press conference. What's the issue?

We all know Bob isn't the best in front of the camera but surely most agree that the correct decision was made.

I would like to know what they are doing to ensure the coaching appointment process works a lot better this time.

Well I think most of us new this was inevitable, but it is still pain full. Another player who bled for our club has had a very sad end. #%!* I hope we don't hire another ex-lions player in a coaching role for a long time:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The correct decision was made and it was clear from Sharpless that the skills and skill development was the real issue here.

The only thing clear from Sharpless is he is a bumbling idiot who is out of his depth with anything football related. I doubt the bloke has ever even been down to a training session. He is a suit, a business man holding a board position to pad out his CV. He called it hand passing FFS.

I've got no major issue with Sharpless. He said what needed to be said and explained the decision with relative sensitivity and clarity. He was nervous and uncomfortable, and that is a good thing too, the board just decided to fire a young Lion coach, who is a legend of the club, and who was also invested and passionate about the club. I really don't understand what people expect.

The only thing clear from Sharpless is he is a bumbling idiot who is out of his depth with anything football related. I doubt the bloke has ever even been down to a training session. He is a suit, a business man holding a board position to pad out his CV. He called it hand passing FFS.
He was talking on behalf of the other board members as well...

Board to all step aside now. Have cost us a Coaches salary by signing Leppa for another year at the start of this season. Which equates to another several hundred thousand we don't have!!
Also have no idea what they are residing over when they expected far more than our list was ever capable of this year, injuries aside and added another year to his contract.

Very uncomfortable press conference and just showed nobody joins the dots at the club.

A) You know what is happening, telling the players seemed like an afterthought. Email hmmm, I was half expecting them to say they have faxed everybody
B) Rocky in the firing line too
C) You really havent looked as to who might be available? Pretty big assumption to sack the incumbent then (not that I disagree with the decision just the bullshit surrounding it).
D) Francis doing a great job, which is why we are putting somebody in over the top of him?

Also beat up about players being emailed is over the top. Board meeting at 10am, presser at 1pm. 3 hours to get stuff in to gear and deal with the most important person of the day, Leppa. Pretty sure the players aren't shocked by the decision either, writing has been on the wall. Not enough time to bring all the players in and do it in person.

Club did the right thing by getting on the front foot and getting it done. Letting it linger for a few days would on create a few days of media speculation and pressure. Their only mistake was having Bob do most of the talking.

That decision had to be made and quickly interesting to see other decisions will be made regarding players and coaching staff.I thought Sharpless comment on broad majority of players had supported Leppitch strange. Players not getting a game were the ones not supporting him,well they had every chance to put their hands up for top22 position if this is the case.Not so sure it is.

Clearly done to protect some, I wonder if Leigh voted him out but didnt want it made public, seeing the board leaks like a sieve. Clearly vote was not unanimous.

HXxs2un.gif

He was talking on behalf of the other board members as well...

Board don't handle the day to day workings of the footy department. He showed the level of his knowledge. He is a front man, a puppet and a pathetic one at that.

That decision had to be made and quickly interesting to see other decisions will be made regarding players and coaching staff.I thought Sharpless comment on broad majority of players had supported Leppitch strange. Players not getting a game were the ones not supporting him,well they had every chance to put their hands up for top22 position if this is the case.Not so sure it is.
There wouldnt be too many consistently running around in the two's. West?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back