Lessons from the Debacle

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladies and gentlemen,

I do believe we, PORT ADELAIDE, need to select another in our 22 for Saturday's game.
We'll have Primus in ruck, and young Ackland to back him up, this leaves us a tall player short for the forward line.
Talk has been that Mark Harwood or Matthew Bishop will be fit enough to be selected, but what do we do if they are not?
The answer is Scott Bassett, he is tallish, and is a real goer.
What do you, my esteemed peers, believe?

------------------
Chris

(Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus)

Chris, I whole heartedly agree. I have been puzzled as to why Bassett fails to get a run until we have no other options. We stopped him leaving, so why not play him? I mean if the 'coach' doesen't rate him we should have traded him.

------------------
If ya smell what Santos is cooking!!

What about Bowen Lockwood, what's the story with him?. If he is fit he must play. He has played the last couple of games at Central and Williams has picked him before without much match pratice under his belt.

We are forgetting one other player for this week, what about Warren Tredrea?

It was reported on 7 news tonight that he trained with the rest of the squad and has put his hand up to play on the weekend.

Port may play on the side of caution but it has now become a real possibility. Don't be surprised if he is in the 25 before the team gets cut.

------------------
Port Adelaide Forever

Originally posted by carb70:
What about Bowen Lockwood, what's the story with him?. If he is fit he must play. He has played the last couple of games at Central and Williams has picked him before without much match pratice under his belt.

You win the prize! I hope Bowser stands up for it after not playing much footy this year.

Harwood and Bishop will be disappointed seeing they had supposedly proven their fitness, but it's a bit of a turn around of our recent fortunes that we have got talls missing out on selection (and Tredders and Barney not too far away).

Good luck to Cain Ackland for his debut, Cocky on his 100th and D. Wakelin on his homecoming
smile.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back