mad_eagle

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2008
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Absolute disgrace. His hatred of Carlton can only be topped by one thing...his hatred for all things non-Victorian.

Unprofessional, cringeworthy, pathetic.

Feel free to add further adjectives to describe Eddies terrible commentary.

Do followers of fellow non Victorian teams hear it, or is it only us West Coast fans?!

In the first five minutes of the game he complained on six separate occasions about either free kicks Eagles were given or free kicks were not given.

And he sounded like he had just heard a friend was seriously ill while commentating one of the Eagles goals earlier.

Generally miss the games he commentates, which isn’t a bad thing as I’m not a fan of McGuire.
Can’t imagine he’s improved over the years.

He was commentating as if he was in the cheer squad for all the Richmond games last year.

I remember a game in 2014 or 2015 Sydney v Richmond where Richmond started on fire and Eddie was creaming himself every time "Jacky boy" touched the ball.

Biased commentary and complaints (from everyone) across the country has interested me. Non supporter of "favoured" commentator says its bias, but bias isnt there according to the club the commentator is liking.

Example.

crow: eddie is biased towards collingwood
pie: yeah but how about riccutio and adelaide?
crow: yeah but riccutio is commentating to an adelaide audience

His commentating tonight was biased and over the top.

Eddie barracking for Carlton to get its first win of the season was greeted by anger on Twitter in the West. He is very biased especially against WA teams

In the first five minutes of the game he complained on six separate occasions about either free kicks Eagles were given or free kicks were not given.

And he sounded like he had just heard a friend was seriously ill while commentating one of the Eagles goals earlier.

That’s not bad because I reckon he had about 15 opportunities to complain. Eagles getting looked after as always

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton getting 25 free kicks to 16 doesn’t mean a thing if they’re all there to be paid. In the first 5 minutes which was the original comment they should of got plenty but didn’t. Eddie was right to question it.

Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous statement. He was shut down several times by his co-commentators for his whinging too.

people forget that Eddie is not there for his skills. he is not in the top 200 commentators in the country of you judge by pure talent.

Eddie is an incredible networker, mover, shaker and influencer. he is a relationship builder and leverager the likes of which is rarely seen. Brian Burke's power was not based on him having a whole bunch of great solutions that no one else knew. In the same way Eddie's power is based on non concrete factors. Certainly non commentating factors.

I'm a Carlton supporter and have no hesitation in saying his call yesterday was too pro-Carlton. That then drove the analysis too much towards what Carlton had to do to win. He certainly mentioned individual Eagles players doing well - McGovern and Nic Nat are two that spring to mind - but there was nothing positive and in-depth about West Coast's overall play. I can understand his take would be, "Carlton are having a s**t start to the year so let's pump them up and give the supporters some hope". It just went to the extreme yesterday.

I emailed Fox sports but am not expecting a response......

Hi,

I am a subscriber and an AFL member and I was disappointed by the pathetic display from Eddie McGuire during Saturday’s game.

You will be well aware of all the comments on social media so my views are not isolated.

The AFL is meant to be a national competition and all we ask is for a balanced call of the game.

Eddie’s call was embarrassing and was a poor reflection on your business.
Surely the expectation of people representing your business is to show a level of professionalism and not a completely one sided view of the game.

I would appreciate a response to my email.

thanks.

I emailed Fox sports but am not expecting a response

Not to nitpick - but you forgot to say what your issue was - specifically the pro-Carlton call! You said it was a "one-sided view" but that could be anything... anti-umpires, anti-Eagles, anti-Saturday twilight, anti-AFL....

I'm sure they'll know what you mean though.

I emailed Fox sports but am not expecting a response......

Hi,

I am a subscriber and an AFL member and I was disappointed by the pathetic display from Eddie McGuire during Saturday’s game.

You will be well aware of all the comments on social media so my views are not isolated.

The AFL is meant to be a national competition and all we ask is for a balanced call of the game.

Eddie’s call was embarrassing and was a poor reflection on your business.
Surely the expectation of people representing your business is to show a level of professionalism and not a completely one sided view of the game.

I would appreciate a response to my email.

thanks.
Wow!!

You need to get out more.

Eddie McGuire lives in the 80s when the AFL was the VFL and the interstate teams didn't belong.

Probably why he runs Collingwood like its the 80s as well.

Its not a West Coast thing. I hear it when he commentates a Fremantle match, I hear when he commentates an Adelaide match, I hear it when he commentates a Port Adelaide match and I hear it even more when he commentates one of the Sydney based teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back