Autopsy Let it all out. Good, the bad, the plenty of ugly and changes for the Suns.

Remove this Banner Ad

No wonder we persisted with Mummy for so long.
Flynn was good, should of been the resting ruck with Preuss in as Ruck.

Green is not a ruck and was a gobsmacking decision, among many.

Will have more rage filled thoughts very soon, putting little one to bed then letting loose.

And no my membership is not getting microwaved I aint a pussy.

As an aside if the Americans do read these threads for the love of god buy the club.

I was there today tough game

Just not good enough

And seriously no frees for all the times they chopped our arms up forward but all those cheap holdings up their end

I have just about lost my voice
Good on you being there cheering us on. Umps were horrid but in no way is that an excuse.

GIF by SkySlope

Too many things too mention were disgraceful.
Look unmotivated.
We were playing Richmond without about 6 of their very best players.
Flynn wasn’t good. He try’s but he wasn’t up to it today.
Our flair and dare is non existent.
Our tackling was poor.
No leadership.
We overuse the ball dreadfully.
We severely lack leg speed.
Our selections are baffling: Preuss should have played instead of Riccardi and Peatling instead of Brander. Our key forwards all lead to the same spot.
We need a big change of leadership.

I think it would be a dangerous mistake if the Board and CEO believe members are going to keep tolerating and accept 2022 as another lost year.

If they refuse to act on the HC role and we get towelled by the Suns at home next week they are going to do some irreparable damage to their (very patient) membership base.

Let’s try Hird as an interim HC for 2022 and see what we learn.

Does anyone really believe we could play worse under Hird than Cameron?

If not, then it’s a free hit to try a new, interim HC.

Give Hird a chance to start with a home win versus the Suns.

Our team is going to be trashed in the media this week.

If we appoint Hird in the next 24 hours it will short circuit that and give the playing group a chance to regroup ahead of the Suns game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good;
  • Cogs was great.
  • Strip looked good.
  • Green was great, despite the stupid decision to make him a ruck.
  • Davis and Ward were also good.
  • Haynes did what he could but was clearly not 100%
  • Flynn was ok

The bad;
  • game plan was rubbish. Why would we change our plan of going up the middle to attacking the wings when the tigers had a catastrophic injury toll?
  • Why the 1 ruck when we had Preuss and Briggs ready to go?
  • Leon himself looked tired and over it.

The ugly
  • effort, I know players always try but there was no effort. Very lazy attempts.
  • contested ball non existent.
  • fwds leading for our kicks into the 50. Nope.
  • star midfield was useless.
  • we love a ******* handball.
  • Too scared to play on and move forward, always kicking it sideways or backwards.

The problems also go further than on field.
Our board has no accountability. Hit their targets at a community/grassroots level(which 100% we are good at) and we are all good, everyone knows we got 20 to 30 years to get this right.
Fans/members have zero say on the board.
As long as we are close to or in a final then our Leon stays.

The club needs to go hard here because it seems like we are soft with no repercussions.
Cogs dropping, which it was more a rest for an injury plagued skipper, in 2021 was meant to show that the club can make the tough decisions. It didn’t.
But the club can prove it can by saying thanks Leon for 9 years but time for fresh blood. Hird gets the reigns, or anyone really, for this season to see what they can do and depending on things let’s see if we can get that big fish clarkson.

Last edited:
The problems also go further than on field.
Our board has no accountability. Hit their targets at a community/grassroots level(which 100% we are good at) and we are all good, everyone knows we got 20 to 30 years to get this right.
Fans/members have zero say on the board.
As long as we are close to or in a final then our Leon stays.

The club needs to go hard here because it seems like we are soft with no repercussions.
Cogs dropping, which it was more a rest for an evening baited skipper, in 2021 was meant to show that the club can make the tough decisions. It didn’t.
But the club can prove it can by saying thanks Leon for 9 years but time for fresh blood. Hird gets the reigns, or anyone really, for this season to see what they can do and depending on things let’s see if we can get that big fish clarkson.

This a very important point.

The onus is on the CEO and Board to act.

If you have a Board and CEO problem, then it is impossible to fix a HC problem.

Where is the Chairman and CEO?

Where is the Chairman and CEO?

about to come out on radio and say how great Leon is and the unelected “board” has complete confidence in him(funny as usually that’s death knell in all other sports).
That we had a bad game but we will come back.
They will point to Leon making finals etc and the same old same old blah blah blah.

We have some very big problems.

70% of our goals were kicked by the midfielders. Hogan kicked 0.0. Hill and Riccardi 0.2, and Riccardi's were both absolute sitters. Brander managed to kick one but still looked clueless when the heat was on. If this is our strategy, forget it. It's not working.

As for the ruck, Nankervis and Soldo had it all over Flynn. Why wasn't Preuss selected? Is he injured again?

Unless we sort out the forward line and ruck very quickly this is going to be a long season.

70% of our goals were kicked by the midfielders. Hogan kicked 0.0. Hill and Riccardi 0.2, and Riccardi's were both absolute sitters. Brander managed to kick one but still looked clueless when the heat was on. If this is our strategy, forget it. It's not working.

As for the ruck, Nankervis and Soldo had it all over Flynn. Why wasn't Preuss selected? Is he injured again?

Unless we sort out the forward line and ruck very quickly this is going to be a long season.
Preuss was in the driving rain at Blacktown.

General thoughts..
1. Thought Riccardi actually played pretty well obviously has goal kicking was frustrating but thought he presented well all over the ground took plenty of marks, not the one I'd drop into next week
2. Brander looks really bad, dropping him next week bring Preuss in
3. Flynn was okay not his best, Preuss coming in should help him keep fresh a bit more
4. Ball movement just seemed so stagnant and risk averse lots of chipping it around with very little corridor usage and playing on, felt like there was so many times where we should've been in a much more of a hurry yet no one seemed rushed to do, makes me think it's a feature of the game plan and not a bug to take it slow and work it up methodically, ball movment also looks heaps worse when we're getting smashed in the midifeld and we're forced to move it from our D50 every time
5. Cogs looked really good which was fun
6. Both Ash and XO seemed more involved today, liked both of their games for the most part
7. Hogan and Haynes weren't exactly at their best today maybe still getting back into it from injuries/illness
8. Hasn't been Whitfield's best start to the year, thought he made some poor decisions with the ball
9. Cumming however looked really sharp with the ball also took a few good marks back in defence as well today, always impresses me with his ability to mark in traffic considering he's not a really big body
10. Seems like we're in for another year of not knowing what type of footy we're going to get each week, we might squeeze into finals we might even win a final but not much more then that
11. Also saw Finn had quite a debut in the 2s maybe his debut isn't too far away, probably would give him a few rounds but if he keeps producing it's best we expose him

Pruess played well in reserves, as did Finn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back